• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

At present our most desperate need is for a defensive midfield player, as we simply don’t have one in the squad. After that we’re looking to strengthen but not out of desperation.

The other areas of obvious weakness are:

Centre half: Although I think that the new Sanchez and Dier partnership looks promising, we also still have Toby and Tanganga is coming through (fingers crossed on his back!). We will also probably look better at centre half when we finally have a central midfield player who is capable of defending.

Left back: At the very least we need somebody to challenge Davies for his place in the team. We could make do with Sessegnon though? Cirkin also seems to be highly rated by Jose.

Right back: Same as at left back, we at least need somebody to challenge Aurier for his place in the team. We are going to have to buy here....

Striker: Son can fill in for Kane up top, but we then weaken ourselves from wide left. Would be good to have a bench option at least.

If we are smart then we shouldn’t have to sell a crown jewel to rebuild. There are some very good players available on frees or ones with only 1 year left on contracts.

Players out of contract this summer....
LB: Kurzawa (PSG)
RB: Meunièr (looks like we missed out to Dortmund there)
RB: Clyne (Liverpool)
CH: Silva (PSG)
CH: Sarr (Nice)
CH: Palomino (Atlanta)
CF: Cavani (PSG)
CF: Dzyuba (Zenit)

Players with one year left on their contracts this summer:
CH: Boly (Wolves)
CH: Schar (Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
CH: Upemacano (Leipzig)
CH: Elvedi (Monchengladbach)
CH: Ginter (Monchengladbach)
CH: RKoch (Freiburg)
LB: Alaba (Bayern)
LB: Bernat (PSG)
LB: Telles (Porto)
RB: Castagne (Atlanta)
DM: Javi Martinez (Bayern)

DM: Hojbjerg (Southampton)
CF: Josh King (Bournemouth)
CF: Batshuayi (Chelsea)
CF: Marega (Porto)
CF: Costa (Atletico)

Take all of those bolded and you’re probably looking at an outlay of under £30m in transfer fees, addressing all of the weaknesses in the squad and improving the first team in 3 or 4 positions....

5 overseas players though so we’d need to be losing some of our existing contingent. I think Gedson will still be an under 21 player next season so that leaves 16 current overseas players... Assuming Foyth, Vertonghen and Vorm (promote Whiteman) all go then we’d only need to lose one more. We could sell Gazzaniga and replace with an English keeper (Hart or even Jordan Archer)? Sell Aurier and bring in Clyne on a free from Liverpool? Or perhaps sell Lamela or Sissoko?

Fees for Rose, Foyth, KWP, Carter Vickers and Amos probably get us somewhere near the £30 million transfer outlay. Question is whether Levy would increase our wage bill?
Both Dziuba and Martinez turn 32 this summer....
Dziuba is the russian Andy Carrol. Is that really the player you want us to sign? Martinez has been on the decline for the past 2-3 years, rarely gets in the Bayern Squad, and has played a total of 2 full games for Bayern this season, and is more injury prone than Lamela. REALLY?????
Very happy you ain't doing our transfers!!!

Both Dziuba and Martinez turn 32 this summer....
Dziuba is the russian Andy Carrol. Is that really the player you want us to sign? Martinez has been on the decline for the past 2-3 years, rarely gets in the Bayern Squad, and has played a total of 2 full games for Bayern this season, and is more injury prone than Lamela. REALLY?????
Very happy you ain't doing our transfers!!!
I picked those 5 players as players in positions that we need to strengthen that have a contract situation playing to our advantage.

Re: Martinez. I must confess that I didn't realise he was that old (for some reason I still thought he was about 28/29). The younger option here is therefore Hojbjerg, who has the same contract situation. I can't think of any other DM's out there with zero or one year left on their contracts..... I think Karol Linetty has a year left at Sampdoria but he isn't really an out and out defensive midfielder and probably also not good enough for us. You have also chosen your stats a little selectively with Martinez. While he has played only 2 full games this season, he has made 23 appearances. It seems that he is effectively cover for Tolisso (a player who would be out of our reach with our limited finances).

I picked Dyzuba as a Llorente type option to cover Harry Kane. I picked him as an option firstly because in many games Mourinho has had us playing it long and secondly as it seems that we have very little money to spend on transfers this summer so probably don't want to be spending any of our small budget on a bench option. He has also scored at a rate of 1 in 2 this season at Zenit. Had we picked up Meunier on a free then we probably could've used some of our budget to sign a back up striker (my first choice signing was the Kosovan CF: Vedat Muriqi

Who are your better options in those five positions to spend a total of about £25 to £30 million quid on this next transfer window?

I see that Angel Gomes seems to be letting his contract expire at Man Utd. He was supposed to be one of the most talented youngsters in Europe a few years ago, still only 19. Would he be worth picking up I wonder?

Not sure if he is as good as the hype TBH
If so, why didn’t united do more....
He may be the next Pogba who did something similar TBF
Jose gave him his debut and must know a lot about him with them both being Portuguese. I guess if we're not in for him then it would indicate that something is missing.

Jose gave him his debut and must know a lot about him with them both being Portuguese. I guess if we're not in for him then it would indicate that something is missing.
He is English isn’t he? I assume you still mean Gomes who was England under 17 captain when they won the World Cup

Sane going for an initial £45m says how much values have dropped
That’s IMO a reduction of about 40% of his value but he has been beset with injuries and has a short contract

Last edited:
Sane going for an initial £45m says how much values have dropped
That’s IMO a reduction of about 40% of his value but he has been beset with injuries and has a short contract

I think it’s the contract left being 1 year. Without that it would be closer to 60 which is about right for someone (like you say) with injuries and no recent form to call on.

Regarding values in general - I see them being as they were for the mega rich, City, Chelsea etc won’t be messing around still. Teams like us will suffer, no doubt.

It’s frustrating watching Bruno. I’m convinced we were all round that signing and could have got him had we pushed harder earlier. I posted in his thread at the time that he seems to have an instinct to be involved in every attack.

It’s certainly panned out that way and he seems the sort of character we are lacking at the moment - grabbing everyone else by the scruff of the neck.

Even though a different style of player - Dele should be aiming to have the same influence on games.

It’s frustrating watching Bruno. I’m convinced we were all round that signing and could have got him had we pushed harder earlier. I posted in his thread at the time that he seems to have an instinct to be involved in every attack.

It’s certainly panned out that way and he seems the sort of character we are lacking at the moment - grabbing everyone else by the scruff of the neck.

Even though a different style of player - Dele should be aiming to have the same influence on games.
Well they play the same role but deles passing isn’t a scratch on his

Back