• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

you keep using the term superstar, which suggest Ronaldos/Messi etc

There are levels below that that are affordable to us and better than we have, and if we want to win things we need to bring in.

Christian was on 25k till this season

Lacazette isn't a superstar, Mahrez isn't a superstar.

We could offer more in wages if we didn't have 4/5 players that we are wasting them on currently.

As someone pointed out Chelsea used 14/15 players in the league - but each one of these players contrabuted this season and that's why they won the league.

Do we know how much Mane is on at Liverpool?

Think mahrez signed a big money extension in the last year didn't he

Shows the papers know nothing

Mirror says 90k

I personally thought it was the fee that stopped the deal.

Shows they don't know nothing I agree

What I would say is he won't be on less than lovren for example or wilnakdum and their on £100k a week contacts

This is the club that paid balotelli £1m for not getting sent off 3 times in a season

Shows they don't know nothing I agree

What I would say is he won't be on less than lovren for example or wilnakdum and their on £100k a week contacts

This is the club that paid balotelli £1m for not getting sent off 3 times in a season

Balotelli is still the weirdest transfer in PL history.

Completely unsuited...

I agree we need a bit of stardust. Perhaps South America can provide it? (just an idea)

What wages would G.Jesus command if City weren't involved?

In response to the above......I think we have got 14/15 players (how many Chelsea used this year) good enough for the first team, it's just rare to get a season like them with no injuries/suspensions.

I agree we need a bit of stardust. Perhaps South America can provide it? (just an idea)

What wages would G.Jesus command if City weren't involved?

In response to the above......I think we have got 14/15 players (how many Chelsea used this year) good enough for the first team, it's just rare to get a season like them with no injuries/suspensions.

Problem is that young South American hidden gems can't get a visa so easily to the UK. By the time they have played in the first team as a youngster or leading the U21's they have already been tapped up by Barca et al.

Further to this it is quite common practice that many South American players are owned by a third party which is a no-no when negotiating a deal, in accordance to The FA.

I'd love for us to unearth a future Argentinian/Brazilian great but I can't see it happening until we can pay the wages and the transfer fees accordingly.

However there are amazing players in Europe and here in England that perhaps are over shadowed by better "known" players. There is no reason some of these other players can't be coached by our current outfit, if their mental and physical attributes suit.

I don't think there is a better coach in the world at the moment (possible slight bias), but I think young players that can currently see the benefits of working with poch ... for genuine football reasons and not chase the quick buck is the sort of players we need and respect.

Problem is that young South American hidden gems can't get a visa so easily to the UK. By the time they have played in the first team as a youngster or leading the U21's they have already been tapped up by Barca et al.

Further to this it is quite common practice that many South American players are owned by a third party which is a no-no when negotiating a deal, in accordance to The FA.

I'd love for us to unearth a future Argentinian/Brazilian great but I can't see it happening until we can pay the wages and the transfer fees accordingly.

However there are amazing players in Europe and here in England that perhaps are over shadowed by better "known" players. There is no reason some of these other players can't be coached by our current outfit, if their mental and physical attributes suit.

I don't think there is a better coach in the world at the moment (possible slight bias), but I think young players that can currently see the benefits of working with poch ... for genuine football reasons and not chase the quick buck is the sort of players we need and respect.

Wasn't Jonathan Calleri the one we wanted and he has looked awful at the spam

Wasn't Jonathan Calleri the one we wanted and he has looked awful at the spam

Yes. Can't really judge him maybe he has not settled in to London life just yet. Can you think of any West Ham player that could help him?

Not saying it's the only factor but he is hardly playing in a good team to help on the pitch. No offence to Hammers fans. I think poch possibly could have made a difference.

Failing that he may just be not suited.

After Brexit I think it's going to be a struggle for anyone getting a Visa!!!

After Brexit I think it's going to be a struggle for anyone getting a Visa!!!

The premier league are getting their lawyers on this already, I doubt anything will change. If anything it might be easier for non EU nationals to get Visas and maybe then we will have only the best ones come. But if they have a job lined up and frankly the money they are on I do not see how we could not get visas for foreign nationals.

Mind you conversely it might also help improve the quality of the England national team if we have to promote home grown players more. A lot of them are good enough but just do not have the opportunity to show it as the clubs can always go and buy more experienced players from abroad. As for the argument that we will not do as well in European competition for a few years if we do not have foreign players at the club is not one that holds much sway with me as I have seen us knocked out to some average teams in the last ten years

Personally I would love to have Defoe back. I don't care about his age. He has got better at holding up the ball, and is still deadly in the box.

If he was happy to come as a mostly impact sub then he would be great to have on the bench.

He will probably end up at a smaller team that will start him. Like Bournemouth. But I would take him. That way we can spend our money on a star player rather than a back up striker.

No it wont, if you have particular skills you can get a visa, the employer will have to make sure the staff they want fit the criteria, there will be no problems for certain clubs.

The current restrictions on clubs signing non-EU players are UK specific rather than being defined by the EU, so there's no reason to think those will change. However, nobody can say for sure what will happen for European players yet.

It's likely that the Premier League will be lobbying for little to no restrictions, while The FA will be lobbying for limits.

How about we go for Mahrez and Vardy, we don't really have a winger who can beat someone from a standing start upfront although winks and dembele can do it in midfield. Vardy can play as a wide forward or alone up front and provides us with a pacey option.

Back