• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Wouldn't really be happy if we sold Jan & Lennon, a lot of others we could offload before we got to those two.

Good player.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/545402/Kevin-Mirallas-Everton-Liverpool-Tottenham

Liverpool and Spurs eye SHOCK move for unsettled Everton's Belgian star Kevin Mirallas

TOTTENHAM and Liverpool are eyeing a sensational move for Everton star Kevin Mirallas.

Reports in Spain suggest that Spurs have already made contact with Mirallas' agent to ascertain the player's future intentions.

And Liverpool are also believed to be monitoring the situation with respect to the Belgian international.

Mirallas' contract at Goodison Park runs until the summer of 2016, but Roberto Martinez is keen for the 27-year-old to sign a fresh deal and commit his future to the Toffees.

But it is suggested that Everton are prepared to Mirallas to knock back improved terms, in which case they would put the player up for sale rather than risk him leaving for nothing.
Yesterday Mirallas admitted he could look to move on if Everton don't qualify for the Champions League, saying: "I've made no secret of the fact that I want to play in the Champions League. Ideally I will do so with Everton.

"But if that doesn't appear possible we will have to look at the situation.

"Let's see how Everton react if we fail to qualify, and the same applies to myself. Discussions about a new contract have been going on since the summer. It is normal for them to take time.

"The talks have taken place in good spirit. You can see that I'm feeling good when I am out on the pitch."

But it now remains to be seen whether Liverpool or Spurs can persuade Mirallas to make a switch, particularly if they can offer the Champions League football the forward so clearly covets.

Baldini is attempting to off-load Emmanuel Adebayor, Jan Vertonghen, Aaron Lennon and Mousa Dembele – all players they believe could attract significant fees to fund Pochettino’s re-building job.

Just a passing thought, but it might explain why he appears to have wound his lower lip in a bit recently, if he's been told he's playing for a potential move.

Just a passing thought, but it might explain why he appears to have wound his lower lip in a bit recently, if he's been told he's playing for a potential move.

I'd put it down to the demotion of Kaboul and that he's now being backed as the main man at CB. Playing next to a competent partner like Fazio might have cheered him up a bit too. I wonder if he's also de-facto vice-captain now

He's been talking about a new contract again, so I guess it's the internal outlook that is affecting him.

Baldini is attempting to off-load Emmanuel Adebayor, Jan Vertonghen, Aaron Lennon and Mousa Dembele – all players they believe could attract significant fees to fund Pochettino’s re-building job.

Our most talented centre half and the only proper wide player we have in the squad (when our lack of width has looked a massive problem all season). I hope that report is not based on any truth.

Irish paper suggested today that Arsenal are preparing a January bid for Schneiderlin. If true, then I think we can forget about him. They can offer a higher salary and Champions League football, and while I think Levy might surprise some people with a net spend this January to help Pochettino rebuild, it won't be anything close to the amount it would take to beat off competition from Arsenal.

Our most talented centre half and the only proper wide player we have in the squad (when our lack of width has looked a massive problem all season). I hope that report is not based on any truth.

I guess you can only sell players if there is a buyer for them however I would have thought that there's a good number of players higher up the sale list than them: Chiriches, Kaboul, Paulinho, Dembele, Naughton, Ade, BAE, Capoue are all more likely to leave

Irish paper suggested today that Arsenal are preparing a January bid for Schneiderlin. If true, then I think we can forget about him. They can offer a higher salary and Champions League football, and while I think Levy might surprise some people with a net spend this January to help Pochettino rebuild, it won't be anything close to the amount it would take to beat off competition from Arsenal.

He will be overpriced and he will find it difficult to live up to it.

He will be overpriced and he will find it difficult to live up to it.
He will indeed be overpriced that is without question. However I think he is probably exactly what Arsenal need and therefore he will probably actually be worth more to Arsenal than they pay for him. Sometimes better to get the one you really want/need than 3 alternatives that you don't really want/need.

He will indeed be overpriced that is without question. However I think he is probably exactly what Arsenal need and therefore he will probably actually be worth more to Arsenal than they pay for him. Sometimes better to get the one you really want/need than 3 alternatives that you don't really want/need.

Yep I think this is unfortunately right. He would be a massive upgrade on Arteta for instance.

I see press rumblings that Wenger will buy no one in the Jan window and Koeman saying that no one will be leaving in the next window. Hopefully that's that.

Yep I think this is unfortunately right. He would be a massive upgrade on Arteta for instance.

I see press rumblings that Wenger will buy no one in the Jan window and Koeman saying that no one will be leaving in the next window. Hopefully that's that.
I think they'll keep Schneiderlin until the end of the season. He wanted to leave in the Summer and they held on to him and he has since buckled down. I think they'll give him some assurances that he can leave for a certain fee in the Summer and he'll play out the rest of the season.

I think they'll keep Schneiderlin until the end of the season. He wanted to leave in the Summer and they held on to him and he has since buckled down. I think they'll give him some assurances that he can leave for a certain fee in the Summer and he'll play out the rest of the season.

They told him he could leave in the summer for a reasonable fee, then got ****ed off by Levy's low-ball offer and backed out. If I were Schneiderlin, I'd press for a move regardless of what 'assurances' the board give me.

They told him he could leave in the summer for a reasonable fee, then got ****ed off by Levy's low-ball offer and backed out. If I were Schneiderlin, I'd press for a move regardless of what 'assurances' the board give me.

Know you like to ride Levy, but lets be clear in this instance, a fee was agreed, MS was told he could go, Southampton fans kicked up a **** storm after the 6/7th player was sold and their board panic responded, killed the deal and ****ed MS over.

Absolutely nothing to do with Levy.

Know you like to ride Levy, but lets be clear in this instance, a fee was agreed, MS was told he could go, Southampton fans kicked up a **** storm after the 6/7th player was sold and their board panic responded, killed the deal and ****ed MS over.

Absolutely nothing to do with Levy.

? Telegraph article ( I think) from August/September clearly says that Levy offered 'em 10 million quid while Calum Chambers was being sold for 16 million, and that this ****ed off the Southampton board.

In any case, avoiding Levy like the plague. Can we agree that Schneiderlin has absolutely no reason to believe a word Southampton's board utter?

Back