• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly getting ready for one of the busiest January transfer windows in the club's history.

According to the Daily Mail, the club chairman Daniel Levy has given the manager permission to start his overhaul during the upcoming transfer window. The Argentine, who arrived from Southampton this summer, is not convinced by a number of players in his current squad and he will begin making the necessary changes next month onwards.

Pochettino has identified the players he wants to bring in and his main focus is on the defence and his forward options. Espanyol defender Hector Moreno and Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez are said to be his primary targets in January.

The manager has worked with both the above mentioned players during his stint as manager in both those clubs and he is keen to be reunited with the duo. Rodriguez, is currently recovering from a severe knee injury suffered during the latter stages of last season and the Mexican international, who plays in the La Liga is also on the sidelines as he recovers from a broken leg.

This has not deterred the manager from making approaches for them, as he is keen to recruit players that will be suited to his style of high pressing play, as a number of players in the current squad are struggling to adapt to his new approach.

Spurs have had a stuttering start to the season, but had got on a decent run with three consecutive victories. However, that was short lived as Chelsea beat them 3-0 at White Hart Lane on Wednesday to condemn them to the sixth loss of the season, which sees them in 10th place with 20 points from 14 games.

Apart from Rodriguez and Moreno, the manager is also tracking Barcelona youngsters Sergei Samper and Adama Traore, with a view to a move during the January transfer window.

However, there will not only be incoming signings, there are various players who have not impressed the manager and will be allowed to leave next month.

The club are willing to listen to offers for Paulinho, Vlad Chiriches, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend next month. Apart from them, the futures of Emmanuel Adebayor and Jan Vertonghen also remain uncertain.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mauricio-pochettino-has-earmarked-jay-rodriguez-hector-moreno-primary-january-transfer-targets-1478133

Pochettino has identified the players he wants to bring in and his main focus is on the defence and his forward options. Espanyol defender Hector Moreno and Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez are said to be his primary targets in January.

Anyone else signs these two up, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear they were back playing in a matter of weeks. We sign them, and they'll probably both still be on crutches next September.

Anyone else signs these two up, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear they were back playing in a matter of weeks. We sign them, and they'll probably both still be on crutches next September.

Moreno already made his comeback in a cup game a few days ago.

Hector Moreno:

Hector Moreno will return to action tomorrow. He said of speculation linking him to Spurs, “Maurico believes in me." “They talk about Espanyol (wanting me) but it was Pochettino that worked hard to get me here."Moreno also said, “It would be beneficiary to both myself and the club if I can fully recover and be on the market in January." Moreno also states that, on a personal level, he wants to play in Europe - something which hasn’t been possible with Espanyol.

He's just come on for Espanyol again (after making his comeback from injury a week or so ago). Interestingly he's playing DM, rather than CB, against Barca.

Wow. Pretty convincing "come get me" call from Moreno. Or perhaps rather a "please let me leave" call.

Really hope we get him.

Moreno and Fazio partnership would be great

Potentially yes. And I also think Moreno and Jan could be good together. Right now Fazio and Vertonghen are forming a good partnership I think so the most important impact short term would arguably just be better cover for those two than Vlad, Kaboul and Dier can provide. Especially as Moreno too probably would need time to adjust and adapt I think he might be introduced slowly (like Fazio) unless we run into injury problems.

Chiriches out Moreno In Upgrade
Give him a few matches here and there to get used to the system and back in the groove
Dier can get more games at CB ready for when either Kaboul or Vertonghen move on in summer

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly getting ready for one of the busiest January transfer windows in the club's history.

According to the Daily Mail, the club chairman Daniel Levy has given the manager permission to start his overhaul during the upcoming transfer window. The Argentine, who arrived from Southampton this summer, is not convinced by a number of players in his current squad and he will begin making the necessary changes next month onwards.

The manager has worked with both the above mentioned players during his stint as manager in both those clubs and he is keen to be reunited with the duo. Rodriguez, is currently recovering from a severe knee injury suffered during the latter stages of last season and the Mexican international, who plays in the La Liga is also on the sidelines as he recovers from a broken leg.

This has not deterred the manager from making approaches for them, as he is keen to recruit players that will be suited to his style of high pressing play, as a number of players in the current squad are struggling to adapt to his new approach.

Spurs have had a stuttering start to the season, but had got on a decent run with three consecutive victories. However, that was short lived as Chelsea beat them 3-0 at White Hart Lane on Wednesday to condemn them to the sixth loss of the season, which sees them in 10th place with 20 points from 14 games.

Apart from Rodriguez and Moreno, the manager is also tracking Barcelona youngsters Sergei Samper and Adama Traore, with a view to a move during the January transfer window.

However, there will not only be incoming signings, there are various players who have not impressed the manager and will be allowed to leave next month.

The club are willing to listen to offers for Paulinho, Vlad Chiriches, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend next month. Apart from them, the futures of Emmanuel Adebayor and Jan Vertonghen also remain uncertain.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mauricio-pochettino-has-earmarked-jay-rodriguez-hector-moreno-primary-january-transfer-targets-1478133

Outbound wise, I'd settle for Chiriches and Ade getting booted out.

Potentially yes. And I also think Moreno and Jan could be good together. Right now Fazio and Vertonghen are forming a good partnership I think so the most important impact short term would arguably just be better cover for those two than Vlad, Kaboul and Dier can provide. Especially as Moreno too probably would need time to adjust and adapt I think he might be introduced slowly (like Fazio) unless we run into injury problems.

Moreno isn't pacy, though: well, my only glimpses of him were at the WC, but he seemed just mobile as opposed to genuinely quick. Pairing him with the agonizingly slow Fazio is possibly trusting that their understanding is so good that it prevents even one ball over the top from getting through.

Dier/Jan + one other for me.

Mauricio Pochettino is demanding a squad overhaul at White Hart Lane with several big names set to be shifted off the wage bill.

Mauricio Pochettino is demanding a new spine for his struggling Tottenham team – and the White Hart Lane board want to make it happen in January.

Boss Pochettino has told chairman Daniel Levy, technical director Franco Baldini and new recruitment expert Paul Mitchell that he needs a new centre-back, central midfielder and centre forward if the club are to challenge for a Champions League place in the foreseeable future.

And the Spurs board will back the Argentine, with a net mid-season budget of around £20million, which they hope will be boosted by player sales.

Baldini is attempting to off-load Emmanuel Adebayor, Jan Vertonghen, Aaron Lennon and Mousa Dembele – all players they believe could attract significant fees to fund Pochettino’s re-building job.

Spurs sources are adamant that the head coach and board are united in their understanding that the squad needs a major overhaul – after Saturday’s 0-0 home draw with Crystal Palace left them languishing in 10th place.

They realise that the process will take two transfer windows but are expecting major changes, in and out of the Lane, next month.

Pochettino hopes to sign his former Southampton players Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez - with Spurs encouraged by the fact that the Saints have yet to tie French midfield man Schneiderlin to a new contract.

An experienced front-line centre-half is also a priority, with Vertonghen unable to convince the Argentine, and Napoli’s Spain international centre-back Raul Albiol is one ambitious target on their hitlist.

American right-back DeAndre Yedlin will bolster Pochettino’s squad next month, when he joins from Seattle Sounders, have been bought by Spurs in the summer but loaned back to the Major League Soccer club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-set-january-rebuild-schneiderlin-4765626

Aside from chiriches being linked to Roma, any others rumoured on their way out?

- Juve, Inter, Napoli, Arsenal and Schalke have been mentioned re Chiriches
- Paulinho to Sao Paulo and Corinthians
- Dembele and Townsend to Southampton
- And I'm sure the Ade and Kaboul to QPR stories won't be far off now

Moreno isn't pacy, though: well, my only glimpses of him were at the WC, but he seemed just mobile as opposed to genuinely quick. Pairing him with the agonizingly slow Fazio is possibly trusting that their understanding is so good that it prevents even one ball over the top from getting through.

I wouldn't say Dier or Verts are any quicker than Moreno really. I'd also say Moreno is more agile.

With Lloris' sweeping, I'm not sure blistering pace is a vital requirement for a CB. Positioning and being comfortable on the ball are far more important requirements.

Would you say that Vertonghen is genuinely quick though?

If we compare a Moreno - Fazio partnership to Vertonghen - Fazio, do we lose any pace?

I think with Lloris sweeping in goal it's more about positional play and concentration of our CB's rather than an out and out pace requirement. Moreno looks like he has the smarts and reads the game well enough that I believe him and Fazio could work well with Davies and Walker providing Kyle has been working on his postional play during his absence.

I think with Lloris sweeping in goal it's more about positional play and concentration of our CB's rather than an out and out pace requirement. Moreno looks like he has the smarts and reads the game well enough that I believe him and Fazio could work well with Davies and Walker providing Kyle has been working on his postional play during his absence.

Positioning and concentration, but also ability to defend one on one against players with the ball on the ground. Something Fazio looks good at and Moreno at least looked good at during the World Cup.

With Walker it's not a question of him improving his positional play, it was fine in the last 6-8 months before his injury at the very least. It's about him hopefully not dropping off in that regard because of his injury.

Would you say that Vertonghen is genuinely quick though?

If we compare a Moreno - Fazio partnership to Vertonghen - Fazio, do we lose any pace?

I can't say. I've always considered Verts to be quick, mind: but now that you mention it I'm not quite sure how fast he is compared to Moreno. Could be somewhat faster, I guess?

Mauricio Pochettino is demanding a squad overhaul at White Hart Lane with several big names set to be shifted off the wage bill.

Mauricio Pochettino is demanding a new spine for his struggling Tottenham team – and the White Hart Lane board want to make it happen in January.

Boss Pochettino has told chairman Daniel Levy, technical director Franco Baldini and new recruitment expert Paul Mitchell that he needs a new centre-back, central midfielder and centre forward if the club are to challenge for a Champions League place in the foreseeable future.

And the Spurs board will back the Argentine, with a net mid-season budget of around £20million, which they hope will be boosted by player sales.

Baldini is attempting to off-load Emmanuel Adebayor, Jan Vertonghen, Aaron Lennon and Mousa Dembele – all players they believe could attract significant fees to fund Pochettino’s re-building job.

Spurs sources are adamant that the head coach and board are united in their understanding that the squad needs a major overhaul – after Saturday’s 0-0 home draw with Crystal Palace left them languishing in 10th place.

They realise that the process will take two transfer windows but are expecting major changes, in and out of the Lane, next month.

Pochettino hopes to sign his former Southampton players Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez - with Spurs encouraged by the fact that the Saints have yet to tie French midfield man Schneiderlin to a new contract.

An experienced front-line centre-half is also a priority, with Vertonghen unable to convince the Argentine, and Napoli’s Spain international centre-back Raul Albiol is one ambitious target on their hitlist.

American right-back DeAndre Yedlin will bolster Pochettino’s squad next month, when he joins from Seattle Sounders, have been bought by Spurs in the summer but loaned back to the Major League Soccer club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-set-january-rebuild-schneiderlin-4765626

Spurs sources are adamant that the head coach and board are united in their understanding that the squad needs a major overhaul

And the Spurs board will back the Argentine, with a net mid-season budget of around £20million,

The proof, dear ENIC, is in the pudding. Prove it.

Back