• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Inter OMT ***

Fella it's a forum where we discuss the game being played, we're discussing players who aren't performing. That's the way a forum works.

Fella, I know how a forum works. That's why I frequent it here. It's just all the negativity seems a bit too much. We're holding a 3-1 lead away against Inter Milan, fielding a very weakened side and yet people are acting like we're losing at home to Peterborough.

For me the there are a lot of positives. At times we've looked fantastic. Inter couldn't even get a touch of the ball for long periods before the goal. We lost focus for a split-second and they punished us. The goal rattled us a bit, but I feel like we've regained control of the game the last 10 minutes or so. Patience is the name of the game, and because they look deadly on the counter, we can't afford to push up in numbers to really attack them.

One of Defoe or Ade have to drop deeper to help out whilst defending, but I think the gameplan to start with was to be aggressive, get an away goal and force Inter to net 5 in order to win the tie. Might see one of them taken off after 10-15 minutes to tighten up in midfield.

All in all a decent first half, against a very good side with nothing to lose. COYS.

hudd?

:ross:

That lightened the mood. If we want to play even slower then yes, lets put Thudd on. With Defoe the midget and Ade who can't control many aerial balls.

Mate, Huddlestone would infinitely improve that dross in midfield tonight, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

We're slowing down the game and it's not suiting our style. It's negatively affecting us quite a lot. The front two have been average, not particularly good, not particularly bad though.

Gonne have to bring Lennon on at some point. Though i am confident we'll still go through even if we don't score.

Mate - you really are watching a different game.

Mate, Huddlestone would infinitely improve that dross in midfield tonight, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

He's been out with a knee injury, is incredibly bad defensively due to how slow he is and you think he'll do a better job at closing down then Livermore or Parker?

Has the world gone mad?

Just need to play our normal game. Trying too hard to score. When if we just stay balanced, get the full backs forward when there is an importunity rather than for the sake of it, we'll be alright. Surprised Holtby isn't on, must have had a niggle. Sad that Hudd can not get a game.

We have to score a goal to kill this tie off, but we're nowhere near creative enough nor accurate enough from the few chances we've had.

Inter look dangerous every time they break.

At least Hudd can pass the ball. Only caught the last 10 mins, but the amount of sloppy passing was amazing.

If we actually sat deep, i bet they couldn't break us down. But I'd only do that if we score and it's 1-1, 2-1 even 3-1

Inter 1-0 Tottenham (HT):

Possession 44% - 56%
Shots (on target) 6(4) - 5(1)
Pass success 79% - 89%.

He's been out with a knee injury, is incredibly bad defensively due to how slow he is and you think he'll do a better job at closing down then Livermore or Parker?

Has the world gone mad?

To b honest I'd rather Carroll anyway. But did you see Livermores passing?? He isn't very good at defending either!

I'm glad the ref didn't book the entire team for time wasting for coming out after Inter. That would have been harsh.

Back