• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Watching with no sound. Thought we were decent. Reading here you’d think it was another Sporting Lisbon first half.

What’s the difference between Mourinho/Nuno and this? Seriously. Go and re-watch the 1-1 v Palace or the 0-3 v United if you’re asking that.

its not that bad but it is dreary and slow.

We are so slow at moving the ball and we never ever use home advantage anymore, its just all pedestrian.

Positives - We are always better 2nd half so I expect the win now considering we have not conceded - and I am being serious here

Villa are prepared to let us have the ball unfortunately Bentancur and Kulu who are missing so we don't have anyone to break the lines. With 3 centre backs and 3 wing backs on the bench I think patience is key. If we can keep a clean sheet I think our best chance will be something from Doherty, Perisic or Lenglet finding Kane from a cross. Son and Gil just don't look convincing physically for me.

We move the ball far too slowly. Pedestrian at best. This is not a top 4 side. Take Kulu and Bentancur out of it and it’s mid table at best.
Hojberg and Bissouma guilty.

Kulu and Bentacur on another level we miss badly.

Solurion is to upgrade on Hojberg and Bissouma.

Hojberg and Bissouma guilty.

Kulu and Bentacur on another level we miss badly.

Solurion is to upgrade on Hojberg and Bissouma.
Need to up the tempo . It’s a massive issue with our play. It was not that bad just too slow.

Watching with no sound. Thought we were decent. Reading here you’d think it was another Sporting Lisbon first half.

What’s the difference between Mourinho/Nuno and this? Seriously. Go and re-watch the 1-1 v Palace or the 0-3 v United if you’re asking that.

We’ve played this way in literally just about every match of the season. At what point does something change, one way or the other?

Missed the first 15 mins but from what i saw thought we were the better team and was playing alright.

Villa have been happy to let us have the ball and we have been unable to do anything with it, bar the last 3 or 4 minutes

I have a season ticket but the thought of travelling across London to watch the kind of drabness I was expecting was too much for me. So far the decision to stay at home appears to be the right one.

Awful stuff, even when we eventually get our arses in to gear for the final 30 minutes it's not exactly good/entertaining football

The lack of movement and slow passing tempo is incredibly frustrating. Still the best first half we've played in ages.

I have a season ticket but the thought of travelling across London to watch the kind of drabness I was expecting was too much for me. So far the decision to stay at home appears to be the right one.

My Nephew has both mine with his mate, me being a miserable sod and train strikes means I lost the buzz for it TBH, but the STs are my sons when he is old enough so keeping them

Eh. I'll say that half was better than I had expected - I understand the hesitancy to try things or lose the ball, since we've conceded first for, what, 9-10 games now? Plus with three defenders on yellows because of this c*nt ref with a bet on Villa, we had to make sure we didn't give the ball away and concede counters we can't defend atm.

Stay in the game, try to win this with a set piece or a header. It'll be a bitty and fractious game throughout - unless we concede, in which case we'll throw the kitchen sink at it.

Given our absences - Kulu, Richy, Bentancur- it is the best we can do. Also, props to Bryan - getting knocked around a lot, but gets up and gets on with it, trying things and being inventive. Still clearly a bit lightweight for Prem footie, but the heart is there.

We haven’t though. Villa haven’t had a sniff. We’ve been losing at half time in a lot of games recently.

Villa haven't been interested in attacking, they have Emery in charge, another sit back and let your opponents have the ball manager. So how much you can argue is down to us playing better is hard to gauge

Back