• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

As a bit of a history buff myself, I have respect and support for the organisations that hold developers and big business to account in these situations. Preserving our history and culture for future generations is vital and it is right that any attempt to (literally) bulldoze history is subject to scrutiny. Such organisations perform an important civic and cultural role. There should always an opportunity for the alternative view to be heard. In our case, it was heard, it waslistened to, and the Mayor’s office imposed conditions on us in order to preserve some key elements of the historical buildings. I think the reaction by this Justin Hinchliffe (and Martin Ball earlier in the thread) is OTT and intended to garner some media attention due to our status as a ‘significant’ PL club. He is also way behind the times and if he wanted publicity for his cause he should have made more noise during the planning application stage. It should be remembered that post-riots, Tottenham was designated as an area for regeneration investment. The buildings being demolished now may well have been demolished under a broarder regeneration program in any case.

Whilst our (current) stadium may not be a structure of historical significance in its own right, the presence of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in the area is of incredible historical significance, If the building of a new stadium allows the club to maintain its historical presence in the area, then demolishing those buildings has to be seen as an unfortunate but necessary by-product. If the alternative were to retain those buildings, but see THFC move out of the area, would that really be conducive to maintaining the heritage of the area?

I agree with what you say, but unfortunately the horse has already bolted for a lot of us living in London, many buildings were swept away in the 60's when we were building a new Jerusalem and new cars for councillors

To be fair spurs could have paid for the architects to factor those buildings in to the design. I know they were in the original plans, why not in the revised design. I loved them buildings and the gates. The architects get paid to find solutions.

Unfortunately I've seen the internal pics of the stadium ... it seems like the place will be sterile with no character at all. A shopping mall sort of feel. I hope I'm wrong but going through the turnstiles and up the stairs was part of the whole build up.

I can just imagine people being quiet as they enter the new stadium vs the current

To be fair spurs could have paid for the architects to factor those buildings in to the design. I know they were in the original plans, why not in the revised design. I loved them buildings and the gates. The architects get paid to find solutions.

Unfortunately I've seen the internal pics of the stadium ... it seems like the place will be sterile with no character at all. A shopping mall sort of feel. I hope I'm wrong but going through the turnstiles and up the stairs was part of the whole build up.

I can just imagine people being quiet as they enter the new stadium vs the current

i think the internal pictures show potential - the renders don't do it any favors with the people looking like they're out for a days shopping or on a business lunch but the structure itself is quite impressive, imv - replace the rendered people with a crowd of football fans and the atrium type layout could help foster a good atmosphere as noise from differing sections will travel to others, getting more people involved along the way.

out in the stands i think the pictures show the seating layout to be better than initially feared - we've got four individual 'sides' rather than one uniformed bowl layout throughout, which was the main concern for a lot of people, the East and West sides look like bigger modernized versions of their current incarnations.

id like to see some inside renders of the East and North stand to see how they stack up against what we have seen of the West and South

Last edited:
Jow1nEV.jpg

r4VDeR2.jpg

Edmonton, on COYS:

"The Club still think it will be ready but tight. However, with construction projects lots of things can cause delays. If we are slightly late Daniel has a clever card to play"

Some info on the webcams from the trust, via SSC: It is not yet live as that requires more infrastructure. They're hoping for the full upgrade by the end of the month.

Edmonton, on COYS:

"The Club still think it will be ready but tight. However, with construction projects lots of things can cause delays. If we are slightly late Daniel has a clever card to play"

Some info on the webcams from the trust, via SSC: It is not yet live as that requires more infrastructure. They're hoping for the full upgrade by the end of the month.

Most major contractors work on timescales and targets which if they are not met fines are incurred

Edmonton, on COYS:

Now, this bit intrigues me

The clever card could be taking up the second year option on Wembley that has already been announced in case of overruns.

The announcement from the club was that we have Wembley for CL games this coming season, and the option to play all PL and cup games there for 2017/18, our season away from WHL. The new stadium then opens for 2018/2019. I couldn't see anything about a contingency plan if the stadium isn't ready for 2018/19 though?

The best I can find is the following from The Times, but it is not in the club announcement. I don't know for certain, but this would seem the sensible approach given the risk of overruns.

Although Tottenham expect to need to leave their home for one season, there is also understood to be a contingency plan agreed with the FA should their builders overrun and the club need to use Wembley for a longer period.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wembley-will-be-spurs-new-home-9kct3bxp2

Edit:- ESPN say the same:

Tottenham Hotspur will play their Champions League home games at Wembley next season and can use the national stadium as a temporary home for the following campaign after announcing a double deal with the Football Association.

The deal will be worth roughly £26 million to the FA, and includes the option of Spurs spending a further season at Wembley as a safety net should the new stadium hit delays, a source has told ESPN FC.

http://www.espnfc.us/tottenham-hots...tadium-in-champions-league-and-premier-league

Back