• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Probably a stupid question but why are the demoliting WHL when we still have to play there next season? The new stadium is not even close to being in a position where WHL is in the way.

Probably a stupid question but why are the demoliting WHL when we still have to play there next season? The new stadium is not even close to being in a position where WHL is in the way.

OK .... I'll bite.

One of the four mainstays/corner foundations of the new building overlaps with that corner. Were it not to be laid now a significant proportion of the new stadium would have to wait - the knock-on would mean more than a season away from WHL.

More formal stuff on the OS.

PS - There are no stupid questions. However, some are best left unuttered.

A fan mockup:

xRThXG7.jpg

aN5hWZD.jpg

Have just gone moneys in with some relatives to watch at least 2 of our last games at the Lane. Will be very emotional. Has been my familys team since the early 1920's and being at the Lane is like revisiting a ancestral temple to me. A place where my great granddad was fortunate enough to see every side right up from the 1921 FA Cup winning side right through to the 1991 FA Cup winning side.

This ground is so needed for us to push on. As is Levys austerity. I dream of a time when we're in our new stadium with the essential loans paid off and only huge revenue in front. Hopefully I'll be able to take my grandkids to a ground where we made history early on. We certainly have a squad capable, they just need some reinforcing in depth and we'll have a squad capable of making the New Lane truly ours.

Access at all four corners, too. NFL, stewards/police ?. Maybe also associated with access for other events, or even change of surface.

Time will tell

That's pretty standard these days, access for emergency service, grounds equipment, other event related access as you said.

I like the look of the interior in the above images - as someone that currently sits at the back of the east stand (behind the dividing wall) there seems to be a comparable area along the back of the new east stand - hopefully that's where the majority of the people in my section will be aiming for

Last edited:
I'd imagine that the corner exits is for evacuation reasons as well. A safety certificate(needed to open a ground) and gives you your capacity, is based on how many people you can evacuate in a certain time and not how many seats you have.

Daniel on NFL visit: "This is their second trip in the last seven days. We are going into detail in all the areas we are co-sharing. This is an area that needs regeneration and to have that, you have to have activity. The more events we have at our stadium, the more people come to the area and the more jobs we will create."

Mark on visiting new stadium: "You can feel the energy and the progress being made. It’s a great sign. This new stadium is critical for us. We're building a huge new relationship. The more time we spend together, the better the relationship and output. I'd like to think that the NFL & that little slice of America that we bring will add something extra to the regeneration & the experience."

I understand the financial aspect of the NFL playing in the UK, but what the fudge? The day Tottenham play a Premier League match in Los Angeles, I'm out of here.

Daniel on NFL visit: "This is their second trip in the last seven days. We are going into detail in all the areas we are co-sharing. This is an area that needs regeneration and to have that, you have to have activity. The more events we have at our stadium, the more people come to the area and the more jobs we will create."

Mark on visiting new stadium: "You can feel the energy and the progress being made. It’s a great sign. This new stadium is critical for us. We're building a huge new relationship. The more time we spend together, the better the relationship and output. I'd like to think that the NFL & that little slice of America that we bring will add something extra to the regeneration & the experience."
Where can I get a Spurs hard hat and hi-vis?

Back