• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Local media would but nationals won't unless someone tips them and says "check this out"

I will have a gleg at the search option on their website later anyone, be interesting to see their whingy notes
I didn’t say anything about nationals…. The journalist who broke this story covers local London news for the BBC. Breaking this story was basically just good journalism.

I didn’t say anything about nationals…. The journalist who broke this story covers local London news for the BBC. Breaking this story was basically just good journalism.

Story broke well before the BBC picked up on it, the Torygraph were the original source being quoted by other outlets from last week.

Story broke well before the BBC picked up on it, the Torygraph were the original source being quoted by other outlets from last week.
Probably again originally coming from a local journalist. Or if it was indeed Telegraph then I think it is Matt Law who covers Spurs and I would again expect him to be keeping his eye on council minutes.

Probably again originally coming from a local journalist.

No idea but they say in original article that no comment has been made by the club or council at this time (of writing which was the 2nd) so unlikely to have come from a meeting (nothing on the public minutes either). Smacks of someone leaking IMO if the original article features no source material directly or indirectly

Not that it really matters anyway, just an example of d1ck measuring that goes on at local council level

No idea but they say in original article that no comment has been made by the club or council at this time (of writing which was the 2nd) so unlikely to have come from a meeting (nothing on the public minutes either). Smacks of someone leaking IMO if the original article features no source material directly or indirectly

Not that it really matters anyway, just an example of d1ck measuring that goes on at local council level
Not sure it is an example of that…. Spurs have agreed to, and had tickets sold for, an event that breaches our license from the council. That’s not great to be honest.

Trying to make themselves sound important. nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Not sure it is an example of that…. Spurs have agreed to, and had tickets sold for, an event that breaches our license from the council. That’s not great to be honest.

I think its exactly that, clubs made a quick decision leveraging their power and size in the area and the council rightly have sounded off back, but as local issues go across many councils, its not that big a deal. I like the dynamic side of business and decisions made with an element of measured risk

I think its exactly that, clubs made a quick decision leveraging their power and size in the area and the council rightly have sounded off back, but as local issues go across many councils, its not that big a deal. I like the dynamic side of business and decisions made with an element of measured risk
A friend had a bar/restaurant open near him and hitch is quite audible in his garden and even house with the windows closed. Their license allows them to be open until midnight on Saturday nights…. This was shifting to 1am and beyond last summer…. Is that OK?

A friend had a bar/restaurant open near him and hitch is quite audible in his garden and even house with the windows closed. Their license allows them to be open until midnight on Saturday nights…. This was shifting to 1am and beyond last summer…. Is that OK?

Big difference between a bar regularly flouting their rules and a club which is a huge local asset taking a risk to sell an event on the hope they would get the license in order to act fast. Until the club has actually held the event they have not broken any rules and they would not do so unless the licence was granted. The difference being the local bar and restaurant did what they did without licence, the club haven't but are hedging on licence being granted. Once the licence is granted right or wrong mean nothing frankly

You can't take someone to task and find them guilty for hosting an event that hasn't happened yet, if the council don't allow the licence the event don't happen, big difference

The reason its no big deal is that there is a general fluid allowance for events around Sport as cup games mean you are likely to add fixtures to your allowances if you go deep into competitions (which TBF we do not threaten as we go out early) adding one extra concert therefore pales in the grand scheme when thats taken into account

Last edited:
The promoter of the gig has the duty the ensure the licence exists for the venue
The club haven’t sold the tickets, the promoter has
It’s weird that the club are getting the press rather than live nation or whoever or is taking the money and renting the venue
A guy near me yesterday complained he had to get a new CRN to buy tickets… no brick… it’s not a Tottenham running the event

The promoter of the gig has the duty the ensure the licence exists for the venue
The club haven’t sold the tickets, the promoter has
It’s weird that the club are getting the press rather than live nation or whoever or is taking the money and renting the venue
A guy near me yesterday complained he had to get a new CRN to buy tickets… no brick… it’s not a Tottenham running the event

Well the club does have some responsibility but like I say, its al storm in a tea cup because until the even takes place no rules have been broken. Its up to the council to protect the local public, if they don't want to grant a licence its up to them, if they do, all systems go and then its a case of what was the fuss about?

Well the club does have some responsibility but like I say, its al storm in a tea cup because until the even takes place no rules have been broken. Its up to the council to protect the local public, if they don't want to grant a licence its up to them, if they do, all systems go and then its a case of what was the fuss about?
Course the club do
But all I’ve heard is spurs have gone this, spurs have done that
Every gig I played the promoter did everything
Paid us and paid the venue

Course the club do
But all I’ve heard is spurs have gone this, spurs have done that
Every gig I played the promoter did everything
Paid us and paid the venue
Promoter: Can we add two additional concerts for Beyonce on dates X and Y?
Club: Yes.

Not quite sure that one would expect the promoter to be responsible for the club being within the terms of its license?

Promoter: Can we add two additional concerts for Beyonce on dates X and Y?
Club: Yes.

Not quite sure that one would expect the promoter to be responsible for the club being within the terms of its license?
Promoter I want to hire your venue for 3 gigs
Club… cool, here’s the figure

promoter
I’ve actually sold an extra night. Can you host it for for me?
We have availability as you know but we need to check

Sorry … when I say I’ve sold them i me a I’ve taken the money off the public now

Just seen The Roots are supporting the Red Hot Chilly Peppers...temped. Not normally a fan of echoy stadium concerts, prefer an intimate Jazz club vibe, but Red hot cillies and the roots both have pedigree. Worth checking out.

How did others find the concerts at Spurs? Lacking atmosphere, or a good gig?

Just seen The Roots are supporting the Red Hot Chilly Peppers...temped. Not normally a fan of echoy stadium concerts, prefer an intimate Jazz club vibe, but Red hot cillies and the roots both have pedigree. Worth checking out.

How did others find the concerts at Spurs? Lacking atmosphere, or a good gig?
The roots are great
Chillis…. They were great
The stadium had mixed reviews last season
GNR used their own PA and murdered it
Lady GaGa used the stadium one and smashed it

The roots are great
Chillis…. They were great
The stadium had mixed reviews last season
GNR used their own PA and murdered it
Lady GaGa used the stadium one and smashed it

Tickets in front of the stage, on the pitch (below the pitch), look sold out. Interesting that Spurs seem to retain sales of the corporate seats with food and private bar. But for a gig I'd much prefer to be up close than having a corporate meal and padded seat. It is tempting though, might give it a go.

Back