• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

No old trafford or emirates in the bid.

Have you been to either recently? One leaks and the other is about as charming as a Milton Keynes car park

Anfield being passed over for the unbuilt Everton one is more significant I think

I know the history why, but it's interesting the Irish still wont use Croke Park for 'English sports', seeing as it's the 3rd biggest stadium in Europe.

Have you been to either recently? One leaks and the other is about as charming as a Milton Keynes car park

Anfield being passed over for the unbuilt Everton one is more significant I think

I know the history why, but it's interesting the Irish still wont use Croke Park for 'English sports', seeing as it's the 3rd biggest stadium in Europe.
Croker has been used for rugby and football before. Aviva is the football stadium so naturally it's going to be used first.

No old trafford or emirates in the bid.

Old Trafford is on the stand by last.

I thought one of the issues with us getting this was with any stadium deal.

Will the Etihad and AVIVA stadiums change to Emirates Marketing Project and Dublin stadium doring the euros (if we get it)?

Croker has been used for rugby and football before. Aviva is the football stadium so naturally it's going to be used first.

Yeah, I assumed originally that the GAA blocked it but seems like the FAI went for the Aviva as there's only one stadium in Dublin being used. Makes sense they would use the Aviva to be fair.

Only with a lot of complaints, temporarily when Landsdown Road was being redeveloped.

Croke Park is 83k, Landsdown is only 50k.

Old Trafford is on the stand by last.

I thought one of the issues with us getting this was with any stadium deal.

Will the Etihad and AVIVA stadiums change to Emirates Marketing Project and Dublin stadium doring the euros (if we get it)?

Yes - already happened:

"Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is the third largest stadium to be named in the bid, alongside Wembley Stadium (London), the National Stadium of Wales (Cardiff), City of Manchester Stadium (Manchester), the new Everton Stadium (Liverpool), St James’ Park (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Villa Park (Birmingham), Hampden Park (Glasgow), Dublin Arena (Dublin), and Casement Park (Belfast)"

Only with a lot of complaints, temporarily when Landsdown Road was being redeveloped.

Croke Park is 83k, Landsdown is only 50k.
It wasn't a lot of complaints, it was a vocal few and a few old hardliners. The vast majority wanted it to be opened and used by the FAI and Rugby while the redeveloping went on. Plus the government contributed to the redevelopment of Croker so they had pressure from there too.

The capacity doesn't make a difference, it would be like the FA opting to use Twickenham instead of Wembley. Aviva is the home of football (and rugby) in Ireland so they are going to use that, plus they'd have to pay the GAA to use Croker.

It's being redeveloped and it's a GAA stadium (home ground of Antrim) which the GAA has agreed could be used, so again it shows that the GAA isn't opposed to their stadiums being used, just show the cash.
I thought the Croke Park prohibition was specifically Bloody Sunday related, rather than a general gaelic sport protection thing?

I thought the Croke Park prohibition was specifically Bloody Sunday related, rather than a general gaelic sport protection thing?
No, it's nothing to do with Bloody Sunday. There was/is a rule that bans all non-GAA sports from being played on GAA-owned grounds.
The rule was changed for Croke Park only so that the GAA central council could vote to allow non-GAA sports to be played while Lansdowne Rd/Aviva was redeveloped.
It was supposed to revert back after that but it never did. I don't know the current status of the rule but clubs with smaller grounds have been ignoring it for years to earn money.
Casemont wouldn't be allowed to be used under the old rule so there must be some change. Funny enough it was the Ulster teams that opposed the rule change but Casement is now being used.

Back