• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

But why on earth would Swansea agree to such a move? If, as all those stats and favourable comments from their fans suggest, he's performing that well for them what would they have to gain? It's not as though we'd pay them a transfer fee to recall one of our own players, is it!

Am I missing something?

Serious question btw.
It would be in their interests to play ball if they wanted to continue to have players on loan to us. We have one of the best academies in the country and our youth players generally suit their playing style. Not that I see it happening.

It would be in their interests to play ball if they wanted to continue to have players on loan to us. We have one of the best academies in the country and our youth players generally suit their playing style. Not that I see it happening.

But it wouldn't be in their interest to have a precedent of us being able to pinch back players that they're spent time integrating in to their system before the end of the agreed contract. I'd love to have Carroll back but also it looks like he's just about getting in to his stride over there, best for his development to leave him there and also think even to go to Swansea asking him back will show disrespect/arrogance from our part.

It'll be a difficult decision at the end of the season for him as I'm sure Swansea will want him permanently but hopefully he'll spent at least the first half of next season trying to break in to the first team here and Poch will make him feel like part of the plan. Think it's more likely if we have EL football as it means there's so many more opportunities to get in to the team without being must win life or death games.

But it wouldn't be in their interest to have a precedent of us being able to pinch back players that they're spent time integrating in to their system before the end of the agreed contract. I'd love to have Carroll back but also it looks like he's just about getting in to his stride over there, best for his development to leave him there and also think even to go to Swansea asking him back will show disrespect/arrogance from our part.

It'll be a difficult decision at the end of the season for him as I'm sure Swansea will want him permanently but hopefully he'll spent at least the first half of next season trying to break in to the first team here and Poch will make him feel like part of the plan. Think it's more likely if we have EL football as it means there's so many more opportunities to get in to the team without being must win life or death games.
This is all academic because i do not think that we are likely to ask for Carroll's loan to be terminated and i think that it would be better for his development to get half a season there than be an understudy for us.

But we are unlikely to loan to clubs that don't take a cooperative approach. We undoubtedly have players coming through that Swansea may be interested in taking on loan in the future and the transfer dealings between the clubs last summer suggest that relations are good between us. I do not think that it would be in Swansea's interest to jeopardise that and I think that they would have a lot more to lose from doing that than we have.

Is he actually playing that well and a genuine first team regular? I dont know how he's doing over there, a look on Wiki and hes only played ten games for them that must be less than half their total games to date this season....

This is all academic because i do not think that we are likely to ask for Carroll's loan to be terminated and i think that it would be better for his development to get half a season there than be an understudy for us.

But we are unlikely to loan to clubs that don't take a cooperative approach. We undoubtedly have players coming through that Swansea may be interested in taking on loan in the future and the transfer dealings between the clubs last summer suggest that relations are good between us. I do not think that it would be in Swansea's interest to jeopardise that and I think that they would have a lot more to lose from doing that than we have.

There wouldn't be anything uncooperative in them not cancelling the loan because we want him back though, the contracts are there for a reason and they wouldn't want to put the time in to developing him and introducing him to their team if he could be called back at any point during the loan.

I believe they would have more to lose from the hypothetical situation as it would show us walking all over them and would send a very weak message which wouldn't be supported by the fans in any way shape or form.

As you say it's 95% not going to happen so it's a moot point, I agree that it's beneficial to having a good relationship with the club as we may have players in the future like Carroll who will potentially go on loan to Swansea and develop but they aren't going to bend over submissively when we've agreed to specific conditions in the loan deal.

Quite literally "academic" ... :)

I suppose if Swansea wanted to take on another Premiership player on loan, such as a striker, they might be obliged to release Caroll back to Spurs.

There wouldn't be anything uncooperative in them not cancelling the loan because we want him back though, the contracts are there for a reason and they wouldn't want to put the time in to developing him and introducing him to their team if he could be called back at any point during the loan.

I believe they would have more to lose from the hypothetical situation as it would show us walking all over them and would send a very weak message which wouldn't be supported by the fans in any way shape or form.

As you say it's 95% not going to happen so it's a moot point, I agree that it's beneficial to having a good relationship with the club as we may have players in the future like Carroll who will potentially go on loan to Swansea and develop but they aren't going to bend over submissively when we've agreed to specific conditions in the loan deal.
Like I said, I do not think that it will happen. I also understand that there is a contract in place and it is in all parties interests to honour the contract. I still think though, that if it came to it, Swansea's long term interests would be better served by working with us, than holding us to a contract.

Nick Powell has returned to ManU from Leicester and Ben Arfa has gone back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine (subsequently been released and now FIFA won't let him join a new club :lol:) from Hull. It's not as if it can't happen.

Wonder how he got on today. I know they got battered but Monk went all Tim Sherwood and played 2 up front I think.

I do wonder if he's actually all that, we have a habit on here of building players up when they aren't playing for us then when they actually get the chance are pretty disappointing. I wouldn't mind predicting that Stambouli ends up being a more prominent player for us than Caroll ever is....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Chest it. Make sure it doesnt go past him. Dont give up on chasing Oscar like he did.

Sigurdsson was clearly not even intending to pass to him but the defender behind him - it was just a very bad ball by him - no-one could have controlled that, too close, hot too hard - and there was no way he could have anticipated it.

Last edited:
Back