• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Seems they've given up trying to pass the ball recently

35% away to Sunderland
27% at home to Swansea
23% away to Southampton

It does look like they're after a midfielder though.

[tweet]419286343119015936[/tweet]

Hull would be an ideal option. Bruce is building the team around Big Tom . At the very beginning of the season i doubted their players for example David Meyler , Rosenior , Danny Graham , Sagbo etc.....could play the passing game. However from what i have watched in the first half season especially in last two months they started playing well ,at least better than i expected .

Plus they do not have many CMF (Hud , Livermore , Meyler . You can count in Koren as well) .

Hull would be an ideal option. Bruce is building the team around Big Tom . At the very beginning of the season i doubted their players for example David Meyler , Rosenior , Danny Graham , Sagbo etc.....could play the passing game. However from what i have watched in the first half season especially in last two months they started playing well ,at least better than i expected .

Plus they do not have many CMF (Hud , Livermore , Meyler . You can count in Koren as well) .

Not sure about ideal but certainly the right kind of club.

Not sure whether a prem loan would be better than letting him stay settled at QPR.

Would people say that Carroll is similar player to Eriksen without so many goals?

Not sure whether a prem loan would be better than letting him stay settled at QPR.

Would people say that Carroll is similar player to Eriksen without so many goals?

Not at all. I would like Carroll to Carrick perhaps. Holds his position in the middle of the pitch and generally uses the ball quickly and well. Left footedness helps the comparison as well

I was going to say Joe Allen but Britton works too. Unless he's going to get game time here or on loan at another PL side then I don't see why we'd recall him.

Not at all. I would like Carroll to Carrick perhaps. Holds his position in the middle of the pitch and generally uses the ball quickly and well. Left footedness helps the comparison as well
Did you watch Carrick for us then?

Never been left-footed...

Interesting. Comparing the scum to us, our passing ability sucks. There was a period under Rednapp when VDV and Modric were playing where we passed the ball well. But now its an issue. It maybe due to the lack of stability and team shape, or the personnel. But it sounds like Carroll could help our midfield pass the ball around more.

Caroll and Eriksen

- They are almost exactly the same age - born just over a month apart
- Same height 1.77 m
- Same weight 71 kgs (though I haven't weighed them recently : )

Both technical players. Whatever that means!

I think it's just so he wasn't cup tied in case we needed him later on, he's not a million miles away from the first team after all

Carroll isn't ready for us yet, doubt he will be ready next season either.

Yes, when we had Modric, VDV we got to that point of playing triangles very well, however our midfield did have bad days then as well.

Carroll for me needs to be playing in a more techinical league than the Championship, he's not suited to it. Then again maybe if he gains some upper body strength he could be fine but I will say that he's another player who best suits a 3 man midfield. The guy can influence a game from deep or up top

carroll vs eriksen right now? eriksen wins on account of goals and assists.
we have so many midfielders that its starting to be a problem.

we have so many midfielders that its starting to be a problem.

If Carroll comes back, I think Holtby will be sent out and possibly sold in the summer. Likewise, I think Capoue might be let go in the summer and Livermore brought back, assuming Sherwood keeps his job. Sig is another who might get sold. I think Chadli will change in and out with the forwards rather than the wide players.

Then it goes:

right------------------------------centre--------------------------------left
lennon/lamela------paulinho/dembele--sandro/bentaleb/livermore----eriksen/carroll/townsend

There's a lot of versatility within that group too.

If Carroll comes back, I think Holtby will be sent out and possibly sold in the summer. Likewise, I think Capoue might be let go in the summer and Livermore brought back, assuming Sherwood keeps his job. Sig is another who might get sold. I think Chadli will change in and out with the forwards rather than the wide players.

Then it goes:

right------------------------------centre--------------------------------left
lennon/lamela------paulinho/dembele--sandro/bentaleb/livermore----eriksen/carroll/townsend

There's a lot of versatility within that group too.

Carroll isn't proven at all so he needs to show his mettle wherever he's at, and then prove that he's better than Holtby.

Also we need to consider the other scenarios may include the possibility that for whatever reason, we lose our established and best midfield players. Would hate to see Capoue go and then we get raided and then have to resort to panic buys.

Back