• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Arsenal fixed the defence though by buying a top draw Dm
He mangles their CBs look good and gives their attack the chance to play
They also don’t play very risky football
Rice does not "make their defence look good" they already had a good defence with good numbers before he arrived. Rice just took their defence solidity to another level.

At times I think he wasn't used enough. He always tries to get in behind the defender, but often he was ignored. When he was played into space, he alway caused trouble for the opposition.

I'm hoping with a pre season he and the other players will have a better understanding between each other.

Rice does not "make their defence look good" they already had a good defence with good numbers before he arrived. Rice just took their defence solidity to another level.
He took it to elite levels
I never said he makes their defence look good
He is the reason their GA column improved by 50%

Last edited:
He took it to elite levels
I never said he makes their defence look good
He is the reason their GA column improved by 50%
You literally said he makes their defence look good. Read what you wrote. 🤣🤣🤣:tearsofjoy:

If that's not what you meant fair enough but it's what you wrote. :tearsofjoy:

You literally said he makes their defence look good. Read what you wrote. 🤣🤣🤣:tearsofjoy:

If that's not what you meant fair enough but it's what you wrote. :tearsofjoy:
I said he fixed their defence
And he makes their Cbs look good and allows their attack to work by giving them a platform to work from

I’ll add, just to be controversial I don’t rate Gabriel. He is just a thug and bro very good when you go at him physically. Saliba is class.
Reya isn’t a top 3/4 keeper too
But if you stop shots and source… which is a BIG change with rice there, you concede less
That’s the weakness we had. We concede from a lot of the chances that go against us

I don't think anyone is expecting a title challenge or seen anyone complaining that we haven't won it it recent years. I suspect most would be very happy with top 4 and any sort of trophy.
Another couple of years building (including younger players developing) and Pep finally fecking off and then maybe we can think about challenging for the title.

I had a Matin Luther King moment last night….I had a dream that we won the league.

I want to pretend it was a premonition! But for it to be, it is all about us stopping the number of goals conceded. We give away simple goals. The goons have successfully shored up their side and have a mean defence. If we could replicate this advancement ourselves and configure the side to be hard to score against, plus retain this way of playing where possible, then I think we would be up there competing for the title. We were for a third of the season. Our weakness is goals conceded. Offensively we need more, but already have enough guile to score 1-3 goals a game.

I had a Matin Luther King moment last night….I had a dream that we won the league.

I want to pretend it was a premonition! But for it to be, it is all about us stopping the number of goals conceded. We give away simple goals. The goons have successfully shored up their side and have a mean defence. If we could replicate this advancement ourselves and configure the side to be hard to score against, plus retain this way of playing where possible, then I think we would be up there competing for the title. We were for a third of the season. Our weakness is goals conceded. Offensively we need more, but already have enough guile to score 1-3 goals a game.
It’s stopping simple goals
Counters and set pieces
The set piece hit in the second half of the season cost us about 10 points IIRC

Yes, but it took Arsenal 3 years to sort out all their problems under Arteta and they still haven't won the league. To expect us to solve all problems and compete for the title next year is a stretch.

Yes, but it took Arsenal 3 years to sort out all their problems under Arteta and they still haven't won the league. To expect us to solve all problems and compete for the title next year is a stretch.
Indeed. I don't know how everyone else feels and of course we have to see how the transfer window pans out.

But personally, I'd be happy with us having a real crack at the Europa and/or going deep in one of the domestic cups and finishing 5th again (perhaps would even mean CL this time). That whilst having improved/more consistently good performances on the pitch would make me very happy. There is no chance a club like ours is just going to waltz up the league and become title challengers at the click of a finger.....

No doubt.

But not impossible.

It’s stopping simple goals
Counters and set pieces
The set piece hit in the second half of the season cost us about 10 points IIRC

Totally! There is no measure of ‘conceding easy goals’ but you can take a view. And a large proportion of our goals against fall into that column. Just changing the set piece goals conceded to the league average would have meant we finish in a CL spot. Take out the ‘wouldn’t have been a goal with better defending or team setup’ and we’d be more or less at arse’s level.

It is a big ask. We’re some way off, but it IS possible.

Last edited:

Sound logic and completely agree. The only problem is I don’t think signings like this will help us close the gap.

Back