• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

398 pages and we still cant decide whether Sherwood is a poopy head or not!

Love it!!!

Funny; I distinctly remember AVB being pilloried last season for PLAYING Adebayor...now he's our most important player...how times change

I have said this before but as fans we generally only judge a player by what we see him do or don't do during a game. I am now coming to the conclusion that Ade was so poor last season because of the system AVB instigated of setting up the whole attack for bale even to the detriment of other good attacking players. As opposed to Rodgers who has put in place a system which exploits Suarez fully but not to the detriment of other players.

Ade wasn't **** last season because of tactics, he was **** because he kept trapping the ball 10 yards, hiding behind defenders and shooting at the corner flag.

...when he did bother to try and control it at all that is

last season his work rate made Berbatov look like Rooney

Ade wasn't **** last season because of tactics, he was **** because he kept trapping the ball 10 yards, hiding behind defenders and shooting at the corner flag.

I think that Ade was **** last season because he's a fragile player who can only perform at the top of his game when he is happy. For whatever reason, AVB was not a manager who could give that to Ade.

But surely all bad performances are down to the manager not being able to train them properly so therefore AVB was at fault. :-"

AVB's fault then for not focusing on his touch, motivation and shooting in training obviously (according to your own logic).

But surely all bad performances are down to the manager not being able to train them properly so therefore AVB was at fault. :-"

I believe AVB did the right thing with Ade - try and sell him and when he couldn't, keep him away from the team where he can't do any damage.
There's not much AVB can do about Ade's silly wages that nobody else will meet.

AVB's fault then for not focusing on his touch, motivation and shooting in training obviously (according to your own logic).

As stated above, you can try and do that - some players are just dingdongs and need getting rid of.

I believe AVB did the right thing with Ade - try and sell him and when he couldn't, keep him away from the team where he can't do any damage.
There's not much AVB can do about Ade's silly wages that nobody else will meet.

What damage?

Since he's come back the only damage his done is to the other teams defence.

under AVB in the PL Ade struggled to score, Defoe had the same problems, Soldado has been ruined......at Chelski, Drogba was never himself under AVB

As stated above, you can try and do that - some players are just dingdongs and need getting rid of.

Adebayor scored goals under Redknapp and Sherwood but couldnt do the same under AVB....... I have no problems with Ade whilst he has been at Spurs. Its not his fault one manager couldnt set the team up that allowed the strikers to flourish

Adebayor scored goals under Redknapp and Sherwood but couldnt do the same under AVB....... I have no problems with Ade whilst he has been at Spurs. Its not his fault one manager couldnt set the team up that allowed the strikers to flourish

His record speaks for itself

Arsenal 1 goal per 2.2 games
Emirates Marketing Project 1 per 2.2
Madrid on load 1 per 2.8
Spurs on loan 1 per 1.9
Under Sherwood 10 goals already

The sh!t patch just coincided with AVB's tenure as manager, hmmmmm.

So, AVB couldn't get the best out of him, but he deserves no critique for this because Ade is just a dingdong.

TS can get the best out of him, but he should get no credit for this. Can you explain why?

So, AVB couldn't get the best out of him, but he deserves no critique for this because Ade is just a dingdong.

TS can get the best out of him, but he should get no credit for this. Can you explain why?

because its TS and Scaramanga has an unnatural hatred towards the man.

Even after all the time he has been at the club, I still can't figure out Adebayor. He has the potential to be amongst the best strikers in the league, but at times his application is lacking. I'm not really sure whether it was AVB's tactics that couldn't get the best out of Ade, because there were games when he played very well. I feel that when he went missing on his return from the African Cup of Nations he alienated himself from AVB. A young manager who was undermined by certain players at Chelsea, he could see the same thing happening at Spurs and decided to remove the chance of a repeat. It ultimately was the wrong decision, but if this was his reasoning, then I can see why he went the route he did.

I think Adebayor needs to know he is number one choice at the club, or he has the petulant side to him that will mope at times. Sherwood was almost immediate in his praise of him publicly, which was a rather astute move with hindsight.

LVG has a reputation as not dealing with egos very well, whether rightly or wrongly I'm not sure. Will be interesting to see, if he is our next manager, if he will work well with Ade or try and replace him.

because its TS and Scaramanga has an unnatural hatred towards the man.

Do you think they went to the same school, and Tim stole his girl friend or some thing?? or maybe bullied a young Scaramanga?? stole his sweets?? Lunch Money? or was it preschool when that big brute Tim came over and picked up the Thomas toy that Scara was not using but had done 10 mins before??

Even after all the time he has been at the club, I still can't figure out Adebayor. He has the potential to be amongst the best strikers in the league, but at times his application is lacking. I'm not really sure whether it was AVB's tactics that couldn't get the best out of Ade, because there were games when he played very well. I feel that when he went missing on his return from the African Cup of Nations he alienated himself from AVB. A young manager who was undermined by certain players at Chelsea, he could see the same thing happening at Spurs and decided to remove the chance of a repeat. It ultimately was the wrong decision, but if this was his reasoning, then I can see why he went the route he did.

I think Adebayor needs to know he is number one choice at the club, or he has the petulant side to him that will mope at times. Sherwood was almost immediate in his praise of him publicly, which was a rather astute move with hindsight.

LVG has a reputation as not dealing with egos very well, whether rightly or wrongly I'm not sure. Will be interesting to see, if he is our next manager, if he will work well with Ade or try and replace him.

Or AVB alienated him.

As for the potential to be one of the best he's already shown he can be at Arsenal, City and during his loan spell, it appears that form is carrying over to TS's reign. It was only under AVB it dropped to well below par, if its an attitude problem for Ade how come it only appeared under AVB? Is that Ade or AVB?

Back