• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Here's a link to an actual readable version of that article that won't choke your browser down to a slog with ads:

fudge, I hate that Football London site - completely unreadable due to the ads.

Great article though! Shame it's hidden behind all the dross ads.
Well worth a read, cheers for going to the trouble of de-drossing it!

Apart from not being able to get a proper DM in i am quite looking forward to the season. We have signed some really promising youngsters and look forward to seeing how they progress. Solanke is a player we needed up front [ especially when it looks like Richarlston can not get fully fit].

I dismissed the cardosso deal as being an aside just to get the lo celso deal over the line. Never seen him. Never heard of him. But it looks like he might be a good dm.

Not going to help us now. May never help us. But i was surprised.

A good window. Very good getting rid of all the chaff.
We now have a proper squad with players for each position.
One weakness is Davies and reserve keeper.
3 strikers plus Son is strong, look at Emirates Marketing Project's strikers, look at Arse Anal's, look at Cheatski, look at Manure.

Ano
Another one with absolutely ZERO ambition. Only money matters. Doing well to stay clear of those types!

Accumulating money is an ambition and a means to achieve other ambitions. It's what most of us plebians do :)

I find sportspeople who give loyalty to a club more intriguing.

@GB Is this the fella you wanted us to sign? What's this about? Off to Saudi already!? (Or is not the same fella?)

Yeah. Brazilians see him as Neymar's heir (though he's a different style of forward). It was seen that a year ago he made a smart decision of going to Benfica, rather than straight to Barca/Madrid, so he could get some more game time. And he did well in Portugal. Its very strange/disappointing

Accumulating money is an ambition and a means to achieve other ambitions. It's what most of us plebians do :)

I find sportspeople who give loyalty to a club more intriguing.
There's a difference between what you call accumulating money and pure greed.
He already earned more money than anyone needs. This is just pure greed, while at the same time throwing out any ambition his sport/job. If you think that is an honorable trait, well, that's your perogative.
I find it revolting.

He already earned more money than anyone needs. This is just pure greed. If you think that is an honorable trait, well, that's your perogative.
I find it revolting.

There are people in 3rd world countries that think you've probably earned more money than anyone needs. Marcos probably knows a few billionaires and feels poor in comparison. It's about perspective.

If he thinks it's the best move for him. Good luck to him.

Johnny cardoso
He already earned more money than anyone needs. This is just pure greed, while at the same time throwing out any ambition his sport/job. If you think that is an honorable trait, well, that's your perogative.
I find it revolting.
You can never tell ...his motivations to maximise income could be noble, such as lifting family or an enture village out of poverty.

I don't judge eitherway. His life, his money

Johnny cardoso
You can never tell ...his motivations to maximise income could be noble, such as lifting family or an enture village out of poverty.

I don't judge eitherway. His life, his money
But to sabotage and kill off your career at 20? Unless its just a PSR fiddle to move him to PSG or Saudi Sportswashing Machine for pennies in january?

Seems there is a grace period. Last season it was up till september 13th to sign unregistered players for the prem.
Is that correct? I’m fairly certain Andros Townsend signed for Luton much later than that. He was a pundit the first few months of the season almost begging for a team to give him a chance before Luton picked him up

Back