• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

unbeaten since first game of the season is a great stat and the only one that needs to be quoted

I would say that the "improvement" is about stability, structure and familiarity

The players know the system and we no longer seem to be forcing square pegs in round holes

We're the fittest team in the league by some way it seems

We also seem to have a real attitude change towards the will not to lose... In the past we have rolled over and let the opposition tickle us.... No it's more like we will roll over and kick you in the teeth

But the big change is the spin of the team has been consistent in both appearances and performances... loris to Toby/Jan to Dier to Kane is a hell of a spine for any team

We also seem to have a real attitude change towards the will not to lose... In the past we have rolled over and let the opposition tickle us.... No it's more like we will roll over and kick you in the teeth

We have definitely conceded more "one for the team" fouls than I've ever seen us do before. Almost any time the opposition break they are either tackled or taken out, yet we seem to do it subtle enough to get away with it.

This form def stems from our defensive solidarity. Loris, Toby, Jan and especially Dier have all been excellent.

We have been the best side in every league game this season apart from possibly the Sunderland game

I agree, we were even unlucky not to draw against Utd. If we had turned a couple draws into wins we'd be right up there.

Ironically, I think being under the radar for a bit helps too though as we do still seem to struggle with "nosebleeds" if we get too high up the league :)

Hopefully we can hang in there until end Nov then a fairly easy December should see us push on ever further.

Exciting times- COYS!!!!

I agree, we were even unlucky not to draw against Utd. If we had turned a couple draws into wins we'd be right up there.

Ironically, I think being under the radar for a bit helps too though as we do still seem to struggle with "nosebleeds" if we get too high up the league :)

Hopefully we can hang in there until end Nov then a fairly easy December should see us push on ever further.

Exciting times- COYS!!!!

United had no shots on target until the 60 something minute

We gave them that game in the end by our own errors which was most frustrating

We have been the best side in every league game this season apart from possibly the Sunderland game

We have dominated so much football but just not took the wins we should

It's no confidence that the pundits are now taking notice and I think the league is crying out for more competition and were a side who can offer that.

The squad has one weakness in cover/alternative to Kane but we're looking very strong, incredibly hard to beat and we look like we're all pulling in the same direction.

The only other thing that worries me is if anything happens to Jan or Toby I'm not sure how things will look. Wimmer (who has looked solid enough) is the only real option if we don't want to bring Dier back from his DM masterclass.

Speaking of Wimmer, he needs to get more game time. Has only featured in the Capital One Cup, iirc.

So far this season we have averaged 1.7 points per game. Over 38 games that would give us 64.6 points. Last season we ended up on 64 points, which was enough to finish 5th, 6 points behind Man U in 4th and 2 points ahead of Liverpool.

I'm fine with that tbh. Spurs are the youngest team in the league, have won the most tackles in the opponents half and have a solid manager.

Let the media spotlight fall on the klopp effect and the Mourinho circus. Let those teams deal with the added pressure/attention.

Indeed!

Anyone know where i can find distance covered stats for our Anderlecht game and Arsenals Bayern game?

This looks like stats to me.

We've scored 2 goals or more in 4 out of our last 5 in all competitions. Granted the opponents in those weren't always all that, Anderlecht x2, Villa and Bournemouth. But considering that part of our problem in the past has been scoring goals against "lesser" opposition it's still pretty good going.

Overall in the league so far this season we've scored 20 goals. Only 4 teams have scored more (Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham). Considering that two of those have been on a once in a decade/century hot run of form that's also pretty good going. 20 goals in 12 averages out to 1.67 goals per game, if we keep that up all season that would make our total to 63 for the season. Last season only Emirates Marketing Project, Chel53a and Arsenal scored more, though the season before that 5 teams scored 64 or more.

We've done that whilst keeping almost the best defensive record in the league. And whilst Kane has been in a dry spell for part of it, Son (who looked a good goalscorer for us) has been injured and Chadli who got into double figures last season in the league has only gotten 1.

Room for improvement for sure, but we've been scoring at a very acceptable rate so far.

The Power Rankings methodology reflects a player's performance over the previous five weeks - with each preceding week worth fewer points. This means the Power Rankings reflect the in-form players of the moment.

Below we also present your club's top points scorer and the cumulative season's rankings.

The Sky Sports Power Rankings will be updated each week during the season, so be sure to keep an eye on the big movers...
3375192.jpg

3375192.jpg

3375193.jpg

3375194.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...cielny-stays-top-of-sky-sports-power-rankings

It is great to see we are now on a 7-match unbeaten run in the league. Credit to Pochettino for making us hard to beat. But he has a long way to go if he wants to emulate or overtake the 12-match unbeaten run under the legendary AVB in 2012/13 season !

That 12 match unbeaten run in 2012/13 :
Dec 16,2012 Tottenham 1 - 0 Swansea
Dec 22,2012 Tottenham 0 - 0 Stoke
Dec 26,2012 Aston Villa 0 - 4 Tottenham
Dec 29,2012 Sunderland 1 - 2 Tottenham
Jan 1,2013 Tottenham 3 - 1 Reading
Jan 12,2013 QPR 0 - 0 Tottenham
Jan 20,2013 Tottenham 1 - 1 Manchester United
Jan 30,2013 Norwich 1 - 1 Tottenham
Feb 3,2013 West Bromwich 0 - 1 Tottenham
Feb 9,2013 Tottenham 2 - 1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Feb 25,2013 West Ham 2 - 3 Tottenham
Mar 3,2013 Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal

That run started after the 1-2 defeat to Everton and ended with 2-3 defeat to Liverpool. We were very unlucky not to win those 2 matches as well. It is amazing how we still didn't finish in top 4 despite this run. It will be very difficult for Pochettino if he wants to overtake that as we face Liverpool, Arsenal and Chel53a in the next 6 matches.

Never thought this team would be able to emulate 12 league match unbeaten run we had under AVB in 2013 but they have done just that. Well done to Pochettino for making us hard to beat.

That loss to Manure really buggers me now. Should at least have had a draw. That would have put us ahead of them on gd now. But I am confident we will be ahed of them in the end. Their unbelievable luck surely has to end some time!

Back