• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Really badly organised, the tour de France has a constant time gap for tv AND GPS, we get like 5 for the whole race.

But the organisation was the same for every competitor, not an excuse really. You have to work with what you've got and others did it better today. Turning into a disappointing year for Cav

But the organisation was the same for every competitor, not an excuse really. You have to work with what you've got and others did it better today. Turning into a disappointing year for Cav

Completely wrong. Its like saying a game of hide and seek being the same for everyone if everyone is blindfolded.
The breakaway got a huge advantage from the peloton not knowing how far they were in front.

Completely wrong. Its like saying a game of hide and seek being the same for everyone if everyone is blindfolded.
The breakaway got a huge advantage from the peloton not knowing how far they were in front.

Then we should have gone with the breakaway if they knew they weren't going to get the times. Sounds like the excuses made for England football failures to me.

You've gotta ask if Team GB knew about the time checks. If they did then they don't have much excuse.

To be fair teams like Germany seemed happy to sacrifice Greipels medal hopes to make sure Cav wasn't there at the end

How do you know that they didn't get the information?

I could see quite a lot of motorcycles holding boards up with information, the teams had people holding boards up as well. Just because the information wasn't provided to the TV-audience doesn't mean it wasn't given to the teams and riders. The distance was the same for 15-20km towards the end, they just didn't have the strength to catch them when the Spanish and Swiss joined forces up front to keep up the speed.

Cav was the favourite, but I'm guessing the British media overrated by how much. Norwegian media had them as favourites, but had concerns about them during the race and were actually impressed by how long the racers that were almost just back from the tour managed to keep leading the field almost on their own. In the end they just ran out of steam.

You've gotta ask if Team GB knew about the time checks. If they did then they don't have much excuse.

To be fair teams like Germany seemed happy to sacrifice Greipels medal hopes to make sure Cav wasn't there at the end

Yeah agree with that, if it went down during the race or they were never made aware then fair enough, but presumably they all knew before the race?

I'd find it more worrying that, even with a crash to the leading group, the chasing peleton made absolutely NO progress! Commentator reckoned the peleton would've made "at least 10-15secs" which brought the market back to odds-on for Cavendish. As soon as it was confirmed that the gap was exactly the same, whoooooooooh Cavendish tanked out to 6.0 and climbing :mrgreen:

Even with better timing, they could never bring back the breakaway with just 4 riders. As I said, Greipel must be tinkled that Germany gave them no help, and what about Slovakians helping Sagan or Aussies helping Goss? I know the Aussies had O'Grady in the breakaway but did they think he could win a medal?

Can't believe in this day and age they get away with this being the uniform for beach volleyball. Not that I'm complaining

Back