• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Loved this song from lastnight..

[video=youtube;Mec8GZkEpD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mec8GZkEpD4[/video]

i love the rowing.

I have a concept2 at home and been using it.

I do 2k metres in 10 minutes which I thought was acceptable.

These jokers are doing it in just over 6 minutes.

fudges sakes

How much did you pay for it? Concept 2 isnt cheap. I'm tempted to get a rowing machine, but want something I can fold up a bit when not using.

How much did you pay for it? Concept 2 isnt cheap. I'm tempted to get a rowing machine, but want something I can fold up a bit when not using.

Oh I hired it. 30 quid a month.

As for folding it - it splits into two. take 5 seconds to pull apart and you can stand it up side by side. All in all 20 seconds to assemble and disassemble.

Its an awesome bit of kit. Its brilliant

Some strong riders breaking away though.

Going to head to hyde park corner now and see if I can sneak a glimpse. Will no doubt be silly rammed and I wont see anything.

Some strong riders breaking away though.

Going to head to hyde park corner now and see if I can sneak a glimpse. Will no doubt be silly rammed and I wont see anything.

The last 50km is flat. The peloton will take the current breakaways back. Cav should be more worried about someone like Boonen, Cancellara or Sanchez going on a solo attack 5-10km to go.

Team GB just got a new member. Austrian Bernie Eisel is now riding in front of his best mate in cycling Mark Cavandish. Nice to see some nationalism go out the window.

I know very little about road racing but I've given up going to golf because this has me gripped. Those with the knowledge, do you think we're going to do it?

I think that it will go down to the sprint and that Cavendish should win it, but you never know with the sprint finishes.

In a tour race with a full nine man team, you'd give a lone rider no hope but its only five man teams here. However, when two of your support riders have just finished one-two in the Tour and were the top time trialists, its no ordinary team. I'd be very surprised if they don't set Cavendish up in good position.

Edit: I'm was assuming the group ahead of the peloton was not far ahead. Now the commentators seem to be saying them have a substantial gap.

Last edited:
Getting worried by the breakaway, hopefully GB have the legs

Hopefully even if they fall away the Germans bring it back and Cav gets on Greipels wheel

I know very little about road racing but I've given up going to golf because this has me gripped. Those with the knowledge, do you think we're going to do it?

They need to push on now. Its a very fine line.
Someone from the group in front will try a solo effort, the group will then fall apart, then Team GB will be left to pull back the solo rider.
The rile of thumb in cycling is the main bunch can pull back a 1 min lead in 10km.

So now they say 34km to go, about 42 minutes, with the leading group of 24 riders about 57s ahead of the peloton.

Is there still someone ahead of that group?

There seem to be more men working in the breakaway group than in the peloton. So unless more teams join in it doesn't look good. One thing for certain is that Cavendish won't get a strong lead out even if they do close the gap. On the plus side he won several stages like that at the Tour.

Back