• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Freeman was a nobody until she won gold. It was a complete token gesture. The Barcelona thing was faked, the flame actually missed the cauldron and it lit anyway! :)

Apart from her two World Championship gold medals and a silver medal from Atlanta. Just because you didn't know who she was doesn't mean everyone else didn't.

Apart from her two World Championship gold medals and a silver medal from Atlanta. Just because you didn't know who she was doesn't mean everyone else didn't.

I'm a keen follower of Athletics. I know who she is. Pearson will win the 100 hurdles by a street for instance.

so proud to be British tonight. best show ever. simples

sad Becksy only had that Bondesque role but right that Redgrave got the torch.

to those that hated Beckhams involvement, get a grip. JEALOUSY is all I say.

i love Beckham and would sleep with him ,so there. and im not gay. but could easily be turned when it comes to him.

Give over, it was a great idea that worked brilliantly, that torch was a right touch. McCartney was brick though, where was Muse singing the olympic song they have done? Arctics were awesome though. Absolutely loved that ceremony, fudge I love being British, I would not choose to be any other nationality

I thought the Artics were a strange choice, not really good enough for such a big stage. At least they had the sense to do a cover.

Difficult, the occasion demands something special, the modern bands are not special enough and the old ones are too old.

Kaiser Chiefs would have been a good shout. We have lots of great bands but no global ones at the moment. Muse are probably the biggest. Coldplay? They sell out stadiums all over the world.

Pearson lost her last race. She's by no means a Monty. But with her, the men's long jump and hopefully men's pole vault we could have one of our best returns in recent years in athletics.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass what nationality the winners have.

Anyway this isn't a dingdong measuring competition. Thought the ceremony was good, well done Britain. Looking forward to all the actual action now too.

Oh it is.....we just tea bagged the planet, and slapped it in the face with a 12 incher (flaccid)

Pretty sad that you measure yourself against a country of 20 million people.

We do when they define themselves by how they measure against us. Aussies are the kid at school who tries too hard and no one likes. And per capita both countries punch well above their weight. Must be all the British blood you guys have!! :) always good for banter until you lose.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass what nationality the winners have.

I love Bolt and the other outstanding athletes like Phelps. But I'll always support a Brit in any event by default. That's national pride. Every country is the same.

Pearson lost her last race. She's by no means a Monty. But with her, the men's long jump and hopefully men's pole vault we could have one of our best returns in recent years in athletics.

Nah the cuban bloke will win. The two Brits have a decent shout. Rutherford had broken the British record this year. Long jump is one of the most open events.

Back