• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Well that lived up to the hype

Fury really looked like he was getting into a flow and I couldn't see Usyk turning it BUT Usyk is a machine.

Ref should never had stopped it for a count in 9.

Nothing wrong with the decision. And NO Tyson Usyk didn't get the decision 'because his countries at war, so they wanted Ukraine to win'..roll eyes

Well that lived up to the hype

Fury really looked like he was getting into a flow and I couldn't see Usyk turning it BUT Usyk is a machine.

Ref should never had stopped it for a count in 9.

Nothing wrong with the decision. And NO Tyson Usyk didn't get the decision 'because his countries at war, so they wanted Ukraine to win'..roll eyes
I had Usyk winning 7-5, with a 10-8 in there.

And the 7th could have gone either way maybe a 10-10.

Ref absolutely saved Fury in the 9th, that’s either got to be a stoppage or Usyk gets to take his head off in the corner, thought that was odd from the ref.

Thoroughly enjoyed that as a watch
Was surprised one of the judges gave that to Fury if I'm honest
Rounds 4-6 Tyson was in a rythym and had momentum and I thought he would go and win but Usyk did as Usyk does and came back so strong, he is a true warrior
I am looking forward to the rematch

Thoroughly enjoyed that as a watch
Was surprised one of the judges gave that to Fury if I'm honest
Rounds 4-6 Tyson was in a rythym and had momentum and I thought he would go and win but Usyk did as Usyk does and came back so strong, he is a true warrior
I am looking forward to the rematch
It still depends on Usyk. He's cleared up this division...so nothing togain in a re-match. (Yes yada yada money).

What I would say is, if Usyk is anything to go by, no wonder the Russians are finding it so hard.

It still depends on Usyk. He's cleared up this division...so nothing togain in a re-match. (Yes yada yada money).

What I would say is, if Usyk is anything to go by, no wonder the Russians are finding it so hard.

Usyks got nowhere to go other than bad outcomes now, probably retirement best for him IMO. Eventually you keep being set up in fights to lose and your numbers up, he has beaten the last 3 he was meant to roll over for, I honestly think if he retired with his 0 and undisputed it puts him as an all time great of the sport.

As for AJ, Fury and Matchroom/Queensbury, all looks really weak at the min

Usyks got nowhere to go other than bad outcomes now, probably retirement best for him IMO. Eventually you keep being set up in fights to lose and your numbers up, he has beaten the last 3 he was meant to roll over for, I honestly think if he retired with his 0 and undisputed it puts him as an all time great of the sport.

As for AJ, Fury and Matchroom/Queensbury, all looks really weak at the min
Tbh I think Usyk really wanted to fudge off up to the frontline but was directed into this showdown as a beacon of hope for his country.

I had Usyk winning 7-5, with a 10-8 in there.

And the 7th could have gone either way maybe a 10-10.

Ref absolutely saved Fury in the 9th, that’s either got to be a stoppage or Usyk gets to take his head off in the corner, thought that was odd from the ref.
Yeah strange one that.

Unless they've changed the rules, I'm sure the ref is obliged to stop it if a fighter is unable to defend themselves.

I'd imagine that he's been on the smaller end of purses to this point.

Any time he fights now he'll be earning a lot more.

Yeah strange one that.

Unless they've changed the rules, I'm sure the ref is obliged to stop it if a fighter is unable to defend themselves.

I think it's in the rules that if the ropes are keeping someone from going down the ref can call it a knock down or something along those lines, if he gave Usyk one more punch in that situation it would have been over.

I think it's in the rules that if the ropes are keeping someone from going down the ref can call it a knock down or something along those lines, if he gave Usyk one more punch in that situation it would have been over.
I think if he gave Usyk one more punch, Fury would be in a very bad way indeed.

Wouldn't be surprised if Fury's lifestyle has just caught up with him, he doesn't look after himself between fights like other athletes do. Reminds me of Rooney a little in that regard, both losing it due to lifestyle/fitness issues.

Compare that to someone like Mayweather who was tee total, trained every day even without a planned fight. Or people like Ronaldo, hiring in their own chefs and nutritionists.

Wouldn't be surprised if Fury's lifestyle has just caught up with him, he doesn't look after himself between fights like other athletes do. Reminds me of Rooney a little in that regard, both losing it due to lifestyle/fitness issues.

Compare that to someone like Mayweather who was tee total, trained every day even without a planned fight. Or people like Ronaldo, hiring in their own chefs and nutritionists.
I think people like Mayweather and Ronaldo are the exception, very much at the far end of the spectrum. Fury says he trains every day, probably nowhere near the level of those guys and probably moreso for his own mental well-being.
He certainly not Ricky Hatton levels.

The key with Fury is motivation. He genuinely needs to think something is on the line and/or the opponent is a danger otherwise he is a bit half arsed about things.

Back