• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2024/25 Premier League Thread

There's about 20 clearer situations of kicking the ball away in every match, that don't result in yellows. That said, it was done deliberately by Rice to fudge it up for Brighton, so can't really argue about the yellow. However, I'd like to see yellow cards given out far more often for kicking the ball away, picking it up and running away with it, and players standing in front of the ball to delay and prevent the opposition in taking a quick free kick.

It would only take a few games with cards given out every time, to get rid of it!
This all day long. I have no problem with that second yellow, but I understand the anger from Arse fans, as this is another area where refs are ridiculously inconsistent.

Exactly the same quality of chance we give up on the break. Difference is City don't fall to pieces afterwards.

Just a two season wonder so far. Although it'll probably be three, I'll give him that.
Although rumour has it that he will be off to Madrid at some point, if he stays in this league he could absolutely smash Shearers record.

Although rumour has it that he will be off to Madrid at some point, if he stays in this league he could absolutely smash Shearers record.
Haaland is averaging 31,5 PL goals in his first two seasons - at that rate he'll need a little over six more seasons to beat Shearer's record. I don't think he'll stay at City that long, but who knows. Could even come down to the consequences of those 115 charges, and whether/when - and how - City are penalised.

They might as well start squad planning for being in the Championship next season.

When you consistently flirt with relegation and don’t improve your team eventually it catches up with you like it did with Villa, Wigan etc. I have nothing against Everton but I want them to go down so the number of teams that have been in every PL season is down to 5 instead of 6. Is that petty?

Back