• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2024/25 Premier League Thread

That sending off is daft, not only because of the inconsistency you see with those things (not that I give a brick today...) but also the ball was moving and no doubt would have been called back to be taken again even if he did kick it without Rice touching it away!

Blatant yellow for me, don’t even think the Brighton player was conning the ref he just wanted to highlight Rice wasn’t 10 yards.

Had one of our players done that I’d just be tinkled off with the player for doing something stupid whilst on a yellow. Ref got it right.

That sending off is daft, not only because of the inconsistency you see with those things (not that I give a brick today...) but also the ball was moving and no doubt would have been called back to be taken again even if he did kick it without Rice touching it away!
There's about 20 clearer situations of kicking the ball away in every match, that don't result in yellows. That said, it was done deliberately by Rice to fudge it up for Brighton, so can't really argue about the yellow. However, I'd like to see yellow cards given out far more often for kicking the ball away, picking it up and running away with it, and players standing in front of the ball to delay and prevent the opposition in taking a quick free kick.

It would only take a few games with cards given out every time, to get rid of it!

There's about 20 clearer situations of kicking the ball away in every match, that don't result in yellows. That said, it was done deliberately by Rice to fudge it up for Brighton, so can't really argue about the yellow. However, I'd like to see yellow cards given out far more often for kicking the ball away, picking it up and running away with it, and players standing in front of the ball to delay and prevent the opposition in taking a quick free kick.

It would only take a few games with cards given out every time, to get rid of it!
Rice won't be doing it again any time soon.

Only? plus refs and FA to grow a pair.

Back