• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

The PL bids were opened up in the misguided belief that competition would be good for the consumer. This can be true but not when there is not full competition, in this instance they are not selling the same product, they can't compete on price or introduce efficiencies as they are not selling the same thing as they are separate blocks - if you want to watch all games you cant chose your supplier etc. They are competing to win the package off of the PL not competing to win consumers.

What the competition has increased is revenues to the clubs, this was not the goal and should be looked at again, assuming that was the goal.

I think the EU decision meant well, breaking Sky's monopoly, but instead they created multiple monopolies. As you say they are not selling the same product. If you need both to see all your club's games it is worse than a simple monopoly. As you say, proper competition would be both having all the games and us choosing the presentation package we prefer (like the BBC v ITV for world cup finals). This would give exclusive rights, though, so the companies wouldn't bid as high.

Almost as boring as the macarons at the Lane who sing " stand up if you hate Arsenal".

Well I would not go as far as to call them macarons. But I do hate hearing that sung at matches when we are playing another club. Said it before would much prefer 'Stand up if you love Tottenham'
I am not a fan of 'Arsenal fan on a stick' either or 'We're all having a party when Sol Campbell dies'

I may sound boring but I get more of a buzz (especially on awaydays), spending 90mins chanting songs about our players/manager/history

Well I would not go as far as to call them macarons. But I do hate hearing that sung at matches when we are playing another club. Said it before would much prefer 'Stand up if you live Tottenham'
I am not a fan of 'Arsenal fan on a stick' either or 'We're all having a party when Sol Campbell dies'

I may sound boring but I get more of a buzz (especially on awaydays), spending 90mins chanting songs about our players/manager/history

Well i still think its wasted when we play the Arse, but when they still sing it when we play other teams then ( imo) its macaronic. I am with you about singing songs about us though.

Well. I suppose next Saturday the fact Arsenal play at Sunderland at 12.30pm means we probably wont be in a position to go top. Back to winning ways then....:)

Didn't bother to watch the game. What was Mourinhos excuse today? Lost the keys to the bus? Someone said something bad about a player before the game? Kit guy used the wrong fabric softener?

Didn't bother to watch the game. What was Mourinhos excuse today? Lost the keys to the bus? Someone said something bad about a player before the game? Kit guy used the wrong fabric softener?
Unfair to play a big game like that on a Sunday after they have played Thursday

Back