• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Of course it was wrong, as he himself has admitted, but being contrite apparently isn't enough.

Presumably the FA will be trawling the social media histories of every footballer, professional or otherwise, to find all the other ones they missed?

Of course it was wrong, as he himself has admitted, but being contrite apparently isn't enough.

Presumably the FA will be trawling the social media histories of every footballer, professional or otherwise, to find all the other ones they missed?

With the exception of some clubs and players.

Looks like Utd are back to their old ways. Last minute winner from Rashford.0-1

Rooney, Ibra and Rashford all on the pitch at the end. Fergie's old tactic of throwing on all the strikers to get a goal. Never did him any harm

Looks like Utd are back to their old ways. Last minute winner from Rashford.0-1

Rooney, Ibra and Rashford all on the pitch at the end. Fergie's old tactic of throwing on all the strikers to get a goal. Never did him any harm

Bloody infuriating!

Just switched on the west Brom v Boro game........have I missed anything?;):D
Pulis humiliated Berahino. He sent him to warm up for a long time, told him to get ready, and then put on a 17 year old instead. Berahino then demonstrably sat down on the stairs sulking. He was eventually subbed on, and got booed by the home fans.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

All teams have to be shown a certain number of times, say 10, so might as well get it over with. Our game with with Liverpool was the only one of any interest this round.

Watching Emirates Marketing Project playing the Spammers I think it will be a very long time until we see a season like last season. A combination of vast sums of money, greater resources generally, huge fan bases, and a sobering realisation that it is not just about buying the best players, but buying the best managers too, means that a few clubs will dominate with the rest left scrapping over the left overs.

The idea of nurturing British talent, bringing them through an academy set up, providing them with experience and top level coaching, until they are ready to contribute to the first team is a noble sentiment. But why bother when you can just go out and splash £100m plus every year on the best players in the world.

Scratch away at its thin veneer of beauty and football seems increasingly ugly underneath. [Although its relatively unchanged down my local rec-cum-cow-field, where the the main difference from 20 years ago is the colour of the boots and the hairstyles - the quality of football, constrained by the appalling pitch conditions, remains as bad as ever.]

i think Guardiola has proved at both Bayern and now at City that his teams are not reliant on one player to make them tick and play well. All the players are drilled to play brilliant open attacking football that penetrates opposition defences and creates chances. His identity is all over his sides.

At Barca of course his team had the best player in the world which took them onto another level altogether. Without him im sure they would have still played the Guardiola type football that teams couldnt get near but with him they won the big prizes

this is what frustrates me about Poch's Spurs sides. They are so reliant on Dembele to play any kind of decent constructive football. No Dembele and we simply resort to 40 yard punts from the full backs or Toby. No Dembele and the passing forward between the lines from the middle of the park is virtually none existent.

yes its great to be associated with strong pressing tactics but to be really successful its what the team does with the ball that matters the most and will bring success. It would be nice if our football was more fluent , open and creative with or without Dembele

controversial couple of minutes, Aguero wrongly flagged offside with an open goal in front of him then West Ham bundle one in

controversial couple of minutes, Aguero wrongly flagged offside with an open goal in front of him then West Ham bundle one in

To be expected. There have been massive fudgeups from the refs in every game I've watched this season and in most other games too judging by reports.

You never can tell in football- it's why I love it!

West Ham scoring today was never on the cards.

Last edited:
Back