• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

I challenge you to run as fast as you can and try to jump over a cow. At the last second, as you realise cows are quite tall and you are going to crash into it, keep your arms behind your back and go in ribs first. Hint: You won't.
Exactly! It's virtually impossible to run at speed and jump up in the shape of a torpedo. Ballerina got hit because Alonso jumped so much higher. But Alonso hit the ball before the arm struck Ballerina, and the biggest knock was when he hit the ground.

Exactly! It's virtually impossible to run at speed and jump up in the shape of a torpedo. Ballerina got hit because Alonso jumped so much higher. But Alonso hit the ball before the arm struck Ballerina, and the biggest knock was when he hit the ground.

Even if that's the case (which I'm not sure it is), you still can't clatter someone in the head with an elbow.

Definitely elbow first.

I do not know what these guys are seeing.
That would make jumping higher than someone else illegal, as if you jump above someone and attack the ball, which is over your opponents head, you're bound to hit him unless you are straight behind him. Any sort of angle and you will bump him with either the shoulder or hand.

Just watched MOTD and one decision irked me. At the start of play in the Everton vs Bournemouth game, King chases the ball back towards the Everton defenders where Schneiderlin blatantly obstructs him and blocks his path. The ref somehow gave a free kick to Schneiderlin and I can't figure out how. Am I the only one or am I missing something.

NB: Not saying this affected the final outcome, just thought it was a really weird decision.

That would make jumping higher than someone else illegal, as if you jump above someone and attack the ball, which is over your opponents head, you're bound to hit him unless you are straight behind him. Any sort of angle and you will bump him with either the shoulder or hand.
Why doesn't this kind of injury happen more often, going completely unpunished?

Game after game, week in week out players just aren't jumping higher than other players?

Anywhere else on the pitch nailed on free kick and yellow for me.

Ok, so is it a foul if you clip someone's ankles before playing the ball during a tackle?

Did you think Lloris was fouled yesterday when he went up, claimed the ball, and was bumped, making him drop it?

It doesn't make jumping higher illegal at all. You can of course, totally legitimately get higher, with bodily contact and it be completely within the rules. What you can't do is connect your elbow with someone's head (before or after the ball). There is a clear difference.

If you can't make contact with the ball WITHOUT going through the player first it's a foul.

Ok, so is it a foul if you clip someone's ankles before playing the ball during a tackle?

Did you think Lloris was fouled yesterday when he went up, claimed the ball, and was bumped, making him drop it?

It doesn't make jumping higher illegal at all. You can of course, totally legitimately get higher, with bodily contact and it be completely within the rules. What you can't do is connect your elbow with someone's head (before or after the ball). There is a clear difference.

If you can't make contact with the ball WITHOUT going through the player first it's a foul.
It's totally different with goalkeepers, because when they have their arms raised, a shoulder to shoulder duel is impossible. Many don't understand why GK get the FK so often, but it's due to this. When they raise their arms to claim the ball, there is no way to get a shoulder to shoulder contact.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Just spotted Mike Dean is ref. Thats a penalty for someone today. Swansea please Mike...remember who it will benefit.

Should have been a yellow for Toure for that pull-back. Swansea don't need Dean doing them favours like that on top of everything else.

Well it doesn't really. It means leading with the elbow is illegal. Some contact will happen obviously but not in a dangerous way. If you look at it your way you are saying it is legal to elbow someone as long as you beat them in the air. For me that challenge on Bellerin was dangerous play and a foul.

Back