• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

Thanks again Southampton...never thought I would say it. I am starting to like them!

Annoyingly United keep plugging away, cant shake em off. I know West Ham won too, but Jeepers Villa cant win with 11 men they had no chance away with 10 men. Chelsea v United at the weekend, so a big chance for us to open up that gap we will need come April 1st

Quite happy that Leicester and Vardy are getting all the attention (rightly so I suppose). I am very happy for us to creep along, not quite under the radar, but slightly out of the spotlight

Sounds like Alli wont be winning Goal of the Season. Sky are w'nking themselves into a frenzy over Vardy's goal. Not seen it yet, it had better be an absolute worldy after all this hype

Is this when city look around them and think "win the next two and we're champions"?

Is this when Leicester do a Liverpool? One more result at the weekend and the hype will go through the roof.

only a brave man would call it now.

Pretty sure Leicester will come unstuck against the smaller teams who will play for 0-0. Liverpool attacked them and got punished (from the stats, I was obviously watching Spurs).

Leicester still hanging around like a bad smell! Typical Chelsea playing as they are and our best chance to win the PL and fudging Leicester are potentially in with a chance!!

@GaryLineker
Vardy is 3 goals clear at the top of the @premierleague goal scoring chart. It's over 30 years since a Leicester player won a golden boot ;)

Vardy's goal ain't all that. Keeper caught in no-man's land, all it required was a decent lob on target and it would have gone in. Degree of difficulty on that one quite low, but looks spectacular.

Vardy's goal ain't all that. Keeper caught in no-man's land, all it required was a decent lob on target and it would have gone in. Degree of difficulty on that one quite low, but looks spectacular.

Its a good goal, but its one of those put a boot though it, hope it goes in (another occasion it would have landed in row z), lack of pressure from defenders and bricky keeper position only helped.

Alli's with a brute of defender bearing down on him, another defender still to beat and the fact that from Kane -> eriksen -> alli (2 touches) -> goal = never touched the ground ...

Vardy's is a really nice goal to watch, but not the same level as Alli for me.

p.s. fudge me, Leicester's two goals are from total hoof balls down the field ...

It's all about degree of difficulty in choosing which is better between Alli's and Vardy's. Both sheer eye candy, let me say.

But Vardy will take it in the eyes of the mainstream media. You see, even if Alli's goal required far more skill and daring against a packed, deep-lying group of defenders, it didn't come against Liverpool.

Anything scored against Liverpool will be awarded higher marks. Many media hacks, and their minions, haven't got much fondness for Chrystanbul Palace and still reel at the bitter memory of Liverpool's title drive coming apart at Selhurst Park. So Alli's goal will get lower marks.

With Vardy scoring against Liverpool, the hordes of Merseyside layabouts and loafers who clog internet football threads will now have the excuse that their surging, glory-bound, top-four drive for this season was only derailed by "the greatest goal of the season'. No other excuse can compare. Therefore, no other goal can compare.

I'm waiting to hear what the authoritative contrarian Jimmy Liddel has to say. He'll have spotted an offside and a Vardy foul on the play. He will not be havin' it'

Last edited:

glad i'm not the only one

mingnolet manged to make himself completely irrelevant there

It's all about degree of difficulty in choosing which is better between Alli's and Vardy's. Both sheer eye candy, let me say.

But Vardy will take it in the eyes of the mainstream media. You see, even if Alli's goal required far more skill and daring against a packed, deep-lying group of defenders, it didn't come against Liverpool.

Anything scored against Liverpool will be awarded higher marks. Many media hacks, and their minions, haven't got much fondness for Chrystanbul Palace and still reel at the bitter memory of Liverpool's title drive coming apart at Selhurst Park. So Alli's goal will get lower marks.

With Vardy scoring against Liverpool, the hordes of Merseyside layabouts and loafers who clog internet football threads will now have the excuse that their surging, glory-bound, top-four drive for this season was only derailed by "the greatest goal of the season'. No other excuse can compare. Therefore, no other goal can compare.

I'm waiting to hear what the authoritative contrarian Jimmy Liddel has to say. He'll have spotted an offside and a Vardy foul on the play. He will not be havin' it'

Top four drive mate? Nah. Title challenge. It's their year this time. This is only a speed bump.

..... there was actually a fudging bbc sport article earlier on in the season about 'whether Liverpool were genuine title contenders'. Bbc sport lost any remaining credibility it had right then and there.

Back