• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

I think our fans should man up and stop pigging out on the sour grapes ;)
It's clearly not sour grapes. For just about every year of my life a team better than us has won the title and I have only complained about how brick we are.

This season, the league will probably be won by a team not only far worse than us, but worse than about 6 other PL teams too.

Not hard to get something from a Leicester team, give them the ball and force them to have all the possession and see how well they do. Teams play into their hands time and time again.

It's clearly not sour grapes. For just about every year of my life a team better than us has won the title and I have only complained about how brick we are.

This season, the league will probably be won by a team not only far worse than us, but worse than about 6 other PL teams too.
If they were FAR worse than us, should we not have beaten them more than once?
And shouldn't so many other teams?

First save on 66. Swans all done.

Only we harry the ball as well as Leicester do. Pool getting there. We don't break as well as Leicester and we are not able to sit back and defend like they do. To be fair to them they are working with what they have- they have to play like this.

It is frustrating. They are grinding wins, where we are lot more attractive. Annoying Swans couldn't sit back and get a draw.

The difference at the end of the season will be their 1-0 win at the Lane, had we beaten them then we'd have walked away with the league and they'd have sunk without trace, that was the defining moment for them.

They have made a mockery of most of the teams in the league months ago.
We cannot moan too much they got 4 out of 6 against us remember.

The only team to get 6 points from them dropped 2 away earlier :)

With a run of jammy,ref assisted 1-0 wins?

Nah.

Be lucky to finish top ten next season.

Sadly although I understand your sentiment - Leicester were better in the first half of the season than us. We dropped too many sloppy points - yes we are the better footballing team, but if playing good football mattered, Chelsea would still be in the championship.

If they were FAR worse than us, should we not have beaten them more than once?
And shouldn't so many other teams?
Good teams get beaten by brick ones all the time, doesn't make them good.

As for the other teams, it's been done to death in this thread already. Just read Michael Caley or Statsbomb for the explanation.

I bet the refs would also like to see Leicester win the league. Can count for something. Odd decisions here and there

I bet they lose to Utd next week but we also drop points v Chelsea

Sadly although I understand your sentiment - Leicester were better in the first half of the season than us. We dropped too many sloppy points - yes we are the better footballing team, but if playing good football mattered, Chelsea would still be in the championship.
It's not about playing good football, just about being better than the other team.

By any objective measure, Leicester have been the worse team in nearly half of their matches. We're just witnessing a once in about 3 generations freak of chance.

Good teams get beaten by brick ones all the time, doesn't make them good.

As for the other teams, it's been done to death in this thread already. Just read Michael Caley or Statsbomb for the explanation.

How long would Leicester need to keep winning this volume of games in this fashion for you to view a tipping point as having been passed?

First save on 66. Swans all done.

Only we harry the ball as well as Leicester do. Pool getting there. We don't break as well as Leicester and we are not able to sit back and defend like they do. To be fair to them they are working with what they have- they have to play like this.

It is frustrating. They are grinding wins, where we are lot more attractive. Annoying Swans couldn't sit back and get a draw.

Nothing wrong with our breaking or defending since December - Leicester started this winning streak last season the buggers!

How long would Leicester need to keep winning this volume of games in this fashion for you to view a tipping point as having been passed?
There is no tipping point. Luck doesn't even itself out as all the double digit IQ pundits would have you believe.

If they keep winning matches with a lower xG than the other team then they are still fluking it.

Nothing wrong with our breaking or defending since December - Leicester started this winning streak last season the buggers!

Yeah we are the more effective team just about - which is why Scara is upset. We all are. I agree, that run of draws (arse games etc) when the team were developing are frustrating as we couldn't quite get maximum points.

Do we break as well as them? No. I don't think so. We hold possession far far better, and create from stable positions. They don't. They rely on sitting back and breaking play. When we've tried to sit back we've crumbled (was it the swansea game). We are setup to push up, and at least in the first half of the season, we looked very uncomfortable sitting back defending.

Back