• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

Leicester were by far the better team!

WBA are bloody poor. Leicester are a little unlucky to drop points.

I have to agree, but as you say I thought WBA were particularly poor the result notwithstanding. Maybe we are getting spoilt by Spurs in that we seem so organised and motivated, and when I see teams like WBA playing I'm a seeing simple mistakes and lack of effort everywhere I look!!! I thought their lack of basic organisation was evident all match especially at the back. It seemed like nobody knew where to go or who to mark. They absolutely blagged that result if truth be told.

I have to agree, but as you say I thought WBA were particularly poor the result notwithstanding. Maybe we are getting spoilt by Spurs in that we seem so organised and motivated, and when I see teams like WBA playing I'm a seeing simple mistakes and lack of effort everywhere I look!!! I thought their lack of basic organisation was evident all match especially at the back. It seemed like nobody knew where to go or who to mark. They absolutely blagged that result if truth be told.
They certainly don't look like a Pulis team. A more cynical man would think he was trying to get the sack and a payoff as he's not been allowed to spend money with his pet agents.

They certainly don't look like a Pulis team. A more cynical man would think he was trying to get the sack and a payoff as he's not been allowed to spend money with his pet agents.
Hard to blame him when they are not signing the players he gets a cut of wants.

Seriously though (for a minute) Pulis generally has all his stormtroopers marching the same direction. That was a mess.

Leicester with more possession than their opponent (I think I read for only the third time this season) and more shots and not getting the win. A taste of their own medicine.

Good result in one respect, and hopefully we can celebrate it fully at 3pm on Saturday. Right now I feel we cant, 2 tough games for us before they play again on Saturday afternoon. Two chances to go top, and in the past we all know what that means. Hopefully the difference from previous times is that usually we have a very winnable fixture which we mess up.
This time its different.

My reservation on all this though, great as it is seeing Leicester drop points, it massively helps Arsenal too, and the prospect of them 'doing the double' is still there lurking in the background.

Really hope we do the business tomorrow though, I have never experienced Spurs being top in March, at least not that I can remember, and wouldnt it be nice to be walking out of Upton Park for the very last time top of the league.
Afaik, the last time Spurs topped the table at any point after Christmas was in the 1984-85 season; which I was alive for but a tad too young to remember...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-one-old/1984-1985/table/1985-01-01

And the last time we topped the table in the month of March was way back in 1963-64...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-one-old/1963-1964/table/1964-03-03

Fingers crossed that Pochetinno can join Rowe and Nicholson on that shortlist of Spurs managerial greats...

I'm fairly sure that's the first time this season where they've won fewer points than they deserved in a match.

Have you seen any xG/ExpG numbers? Sounds ridiculous if it's true, but can't be many games this season where they've picked up less than they deserved...

What is just me, had to laugh watching Sky this morning

First, enthusing over Leicester having 16 shots on goal (try 34.....)
then
Saying teams are now adapting when they play Leicester because in the last 2 games they have had more possession...Hello? They were playing Norwich and WBA, did they expect those two to have more possession away. Are they for real?

What is just me, had to laugh watching Sky this morning

First, enthusing over Leicester having 16 shots on goal (try 34.....)
then
Saying teams are now adapting when they play Leicester because in the last 2 games they have had more possession...Hello? They were playing Norwich and WBA, did they expect those two to have more possession away. Are they for real?

4h game this season Leicester has had the most possession in a game. (Could be 5h if my memory is letting me down, either way very low).

I think it's a fact that teams have been very slow to adapt to Leicester's game plan and performance levels and adjust their tactics accordingly. Emirates Marketing Project most definitely failed to do so in their league game against Leicester and there have been plenty more... Teams have realized that they have to adapt an well done to Norwich and WBA for doing so. And for between them taking as many points away from Leicester as they deserved to take away from them, even though if things were fair it would be Norwich with that extra point and not WBA.

Have you seen any xG/ExpG numbers? Sounds ridiculous if it's true, but can't be many games this season where they've picked up less than they deserved...
The trouble with xG is that there's a wide banding on goals - I certainly don't recall them getting fewer than deserved points on that measure, but I have to admit I haven't looked specifically for it either.

What I have seen is that by most people's measure, Leicester should be somewhere between 6th and 12th on xG - even when phase transitions are taken into account.

From the BBC:

Posted at 19:47
I know it's a bit of a tired and laboured point - but there are lots and lots and lots of empty seats at the Emirates. Thousands.

---
Fair-weather

What a strange PL season this has been. Leicester looking likely to win it all. Spurs actually challenging for the title. Chelski collapsing. United trying to bore their opponents to death. Arse and City getting the league title served on a platter, only to fail miserably over and over again.

The only constant is Liverpool - mid table mediocracy and deluded fans as normal.

What a strange PL season this has been. Leicester looking likely to win it all. Spurs actually challenging for the title. Chelski collapsing. United trying to bore their opponents to death. Arse and City getting the league title served on a platter, only to fail miserably over and over again.

The only constant is Liverpool - mid table mediocracy and deluded fans as normal.
Next year mate! Next year!!

Back