• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

I would be very surprised if that's the case. He's definitely managed to escape a few over the years for some nasty elbows and challenges.

Just been looking - he had one for the England youths for dissent ....

Also had one for us in 2012 ... Substitute Huddlestone was sent off by referee Mark Halsey for a 90th minute tackle on Jonny Howson in Saturday's 1-1 home Premier League draw.

Spurs contested the red card and the FA has withdrawn his three-match ban.

Didn't find anything else .

article-0-1F27CE4600000578-919_634x677.jpg

Up The Toon !

Aston Villa (A) - W D
Emirates Marketing Project (H) - L L
Arsenal (A) - L L
Man Utd (H) - L L
Burnley (A) - W L
Everton (H) - D
Crystal Palace (A) - D
Chelsea (H) - L
Arsenal (H) - L
Man Utd (A) - L
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) - L

I can easily see them averaging less than 1 ppg.

0.2 ppg so far.

Sky are unreal, Quinn commentating on a Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, yep thats ex Arsenal and Sunderland player/chairman

and how cringeworthy are those big flags behind the goal at the Emirates, wowzers

Diego Costa £32m 12 appearance 11 goals 39 shots

Lamela £25.8 + 4.2 15 appearances 0 goals 17 shots
Soldado £26m 9 appearances 1 goal 17 shots
Kane Not very much. 11 appearances 2 goals 22 shots

Makes for depressing reading.

Costa does have the benefit of playing in the best team in the country though, with teammates far better than those our forwards can rely on. I'm sure he's on double the wages we can afford as well.

Not saying he's not clearly the best of these four players, but the picture is a bit more nuanced.

Diego Costa £32m 12 appearance 11 goals 39 shots

Lamela £25.8 + 4.2 15 appearances 0 goals 17 shots
Soldado £26m 9 appearances 1 goal 17 shots
Kane Not very much. 11 appearances 2 goals 22 shots

Makes for depressing reading.

Costa does have the benefit of playing in the best team in the country though, with teammates far better than those our forwards can rely on. I'm sure he's on double the wages we can afford as well.

Not saying he's not clearly the best of these four players, but the picture is a bit more nuanced.

A few more forwards, not playing at financially doped oil-billionaire clubs, for comparison... :-k

Sanchez - £35m - 15 appearances - 9 goals - 43 shots
Austin - £4m - 14 appearances - 8 goals - 48 shots
Bony - £12m - 15 appearances - 7 goals - 50 shots
Pellè - £8m - 16 appearances - 7 goals - 62 shots
Sakho - £3.5m - 10 appearances - 7 goals - 36 shots
Berahino - Not very much - 16 appearances - 7 goals - 37 shots
Pérez - £1.5m - 15 appearances - 4 goals - 17 shots

Last edited:
Altidore - £8.5 mil - 41 appearances - 1 goal.

Yeah I know those numbers above are just this season but there are worse strikers out there than we have.

Love him or hate him; Harry gives some great oneliners now and then :D. He has reopened his feud with Taarabt.

One player who will definitely not feature in the QPR side – or squad – is Taarabt, 25.

The midfielder is a player Redknapp admires but the R’s boss admits to being totally frustrated with the Moroccan.

He said: “Only he can get himself fit and ready to play. You can take a horse to water – but how far away is the water?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30464885

Hull manager Steve Bruce has criticised referee Chris Foy for "not doing his job" during 10-man Tigers' 2-0 loss to Premier League leaders Chelsea.

Visiting midfielder Tom Huddlestone was sent off in the 60th minute for a late lunge on Chelsea's Filipe Luis.

But a frustrated Bruce argued that Chelsea defender Gary Cahill should already have been sent off for diving.

Bruce said: "If he hasn't dived, I don't know what one is. Chris Foy had one of those awful afternoons."

Chelsea maintained their 100% record at Stamford Bridge this season with goals from Eden Hazard and Diego Costa, but it was a scrappy and ill-disciplined display.

The match ended with seven yellow cards, including three for diving, in addition to Huddlestone's red, although Bruce argued both teams should have finished the game with 10 men.

Bruce said Cahill should have been shown a straight red card instead of a yellow for a clumsy first-half challenge on Sone Aluko.

The Hull boss then criticised referee Foy for not booking the Chelsea centre-back when he went to ground inside the Hull box at the start of the second half.

"We could have defended the first goal better, but the big issue in the game is the Cahill situation," said Bruce, whose team are now one place from bottom after nine league games without a win.

"The referee shows his intent because he's booked two players for diving and, for me, Cahill is lucky to be on the pitch for his first challenge.

"We all know what he's trying to do, he's trying to get a penalty. The referee is 10 yards away and there are no excuses. We need him to do his job otherwise diving will keep rearing its ugly head."

Bruce said he accepted Huddlestone's sending off, but added: "It's frustration, he feels that the referee hasn't done his job properly. When you come to these big clubs and these big stadiums, you want the referee to do his job properly.

"We've had a tough time of late and this is another one where we can feel aggrieved but you have to stick with it. I've seen enough to feel we have the stomach for the winter ahead."

Asked what he and Chelsea manager Jose Mourino were talking about on the touchline, Bruce said: "We were mainly talking about the referee. I hope there's no lip readers otherwise we're both in serious trouble."

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, whose team maintained their three-point cushion over second-placed Emirates Marketing Project at the top of the table, said it was difficult make judgement on the red and yellow cards from his position on the sidelines.

"It didn't look like a physical game," said the Portuguese.

"We spoke last season about simulation, because we had a situation and I was the first one to say to Oscar - after that Southampton match - that he has to stay on his feet, but the reality is that many players from other teams do that too much.

"In Chelsea we are clean. Willian was in the middle of the pitch, so not even a reason to dive, and I don't think Diego's is a dive."

So Chelsea and City already occupy the top 2 spots, Utd are 3rd. Arsenal are moving into position and will soon be 4th. And that will be it for the forseeable future. I'd expect those 4 to be established as the top 4 by the 20 game mark.

These clubs are too far ahead of us off the pitch for us to catch them. Moneywise, we will never get near the current top 3. I doubt we'll get close to Arsenal either to be honest. A new stadium even, and we'll still be way behind. We can dream of course, I will still have delusional spells, but reality will kill us.

BUT....we can still win cups. We've always been a cup team. B**locks to putting all our hopes on doing well in the league, let's have a cup win please! And turn the gooners over!

Manchester United starting XI vs Liverpool: De Gea; Valencia, Jones, Evans, Young; Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney; van Persie, Wilson

Liverpool starting lineup vs Man Utd: Jones; Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno; Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana; Sterling

Liverpool playing with no strikers.

Brenton says he's playing a more technical game - i.e. parking the bus.

Back