• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

I was wondering why didn't they let Chuck Adams take it?? You know, give his former team the proverbial bird and really stick it to em.

i've said it once, i've said it a thousand times. Shoot down the middle when you take a penalty, especially late on. No keeper is going to stand still.

Saying that, Walters last penalty down the middle hit the bar.

to be fair, Mignolet is fudging immense. A real good signing for Liverpool that, one of the best young keepers in the world. Thats a good win for liverpool

Isnt that going overboard a little? They beat Stoke at home by the odd goal, and could easily have drawn.

I thought Adam would've taken it as well, he was pretty good when he came on to be fair to him. Hate how Walters just grabbed the ball, you saw K Jones talking to him but he wasn't having any of it.

Liverpool are a bit strange, they can play some scarily good stuff and in Coutinho I don't think I've seen another player in the world that can thread a pass like he can.

But they are also an example of style over substance sometimes. Last year, we didn't look as pretty as them but we collected more points. That was in part to totally shutting up shop when needed, and doing what needed to be done at the expense of style because we didn't always have the players available.

But Liverpool, they will always try to do the pretty thing. And you can see sometimes the clever flicks don't come off, leading to it all looking a bit disjointed. Better players will read them and better players will stop them playing, like we did at Anfield before chucking it away.

Liverpool will always look nice to watch this year but I'm not sure their style will make them serious challengers unless their squad has a massive upgrade.

what part? that Mignolet is a great goalkeeper or that was a good win for Liverpool? Both are true.

Any win is a good win in that context, and Mignolet certainly isn't a great keeper by any stretch. A solid premier league keeper certainly, but one of the best in the world?

We'll see anyway. People seem to be getting excited about Liverpool but to me it looks like they scraped past Stoke at home by the odd goal. Decent first half performance but ran out of steam in the second. Last year the commentators were banging on about how hard it was for Brenton to implement his year 3000 cosmic football philosophy, and yet today they squeezed past a side whose manager REALLY has to change the philosophy from top to bottom. Doesn't get mentioned.

I'm sure Liverpool are probably the re-incarnation of 1970's dutch total football; but for the moment, im going to not get too excited and attempt to keep my **** in my trousers.

Liverpool are a bit strange, they can play some scarily good stuff and in Coutinho I don't think I've seen another player in the world that can thread a pass like he can.

But they are also an example of style over substance sometimes. Last year, we didn't look as pretty as them but we collected more points. That was in part to totally shutting up shop when needed, and doing what needed to be done at the expense of style because we didn't always have the players available.

But Liverpool, they will always try to do the pretty thing. And you can see sometimes the clever flicks don't come off, leading to it all looking a bit disjointed. Better players will read them and better players will stop them playing, like we did at Anfield before chucking it away.

Liverpool will always look nice to watch this year but I'm not sure their style will make them serious challengers unless their squad has a massive upgrade.

Blimey, Coutinho one of the best in the world at finding a pass? It really is spanky time down at the Liverpool fan club HQ today.

So Mignolet and Coutinho - two of the best in the world. World football must really be in the doldrums.

Liverpool will be up there (fighting for top 4). People who think otherwise are deluded.

You can't tell until about 10 games in. At home, against an unsure Stoke side, the looked okay. Shaky at the back and not clinical up front. Much will depend on Surez and if he stays imo.

Any win is a good win in that context, and Mignolet certainly isn't a great keeper by any stretch. A solid premier league keeper certainly, but one of the best in the world?

We'll see anyway. People seem to be getting excited about Liverpool but to me it looks like they scraped past Stoke at home by the odd goal. Decent first half performance but ran out of steam in the second. Last year the commentators were banging on about how hard it was for Brenton to implement his year 3000 cosmic football philosophy, and yet today they squeezed past a side whose manager REALLY has to change the philosophy from top to bottom. Doesn't get mentioned.

I'm sure Liverpool are probably the re-incarnation of 1970's dutch total football; but for the moment, im going to not get too excited and attempt to keep my **** in my trousers.

The Stoke keeper was man of the match though to be fair. On another day they would have won that comfortably.

It was a performance reminiscent of Spurs from a few seasons back. Some great football with plenty of chances not taken and a propensity to fudge it up.

You can't tell until about 10 games in. At home, against an unsure Stoke side, the looked okay. Shaky at the back and not clinical up front. Much will depend on Surez and if he stays imo.

Of course you can. You can't tell who's going to get top four but you know who'll fight for it. We will for example, so will Arsenal yet you don't need to wait 10 games to see that.

The Stoke keeper was man of the match though to be fair. On another day they would have won that comfortably.

It was a performance reminiscent of Spurs from a few seasons back. Some great football with plenty of chances not taken and a propensity to fudge it up.

haven't Liverpool been saying that for the past 5 seasons?

Can't see Villa winning this. Only 3 mins in, so you never know. But arse look comfortable in possession. Not dissimilar to Pool really. Good passing team, potential to be shaky at the back, not clinical enough up front?

We'll see...

Back