• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

People get blinded by a keeper making reaction saves (which will happen a lot at one of the worst sides in the league), thinking that makes him an outstanding keeper. When playing for a top side there are other skills that are just as important.

Yup. Communication, handling, distribution, command of area are other important skills. Without those, you end up costing your side goals. That's why I've always rated Lloris extremely highly.

Yup. Communication, handling, distribution, command of area are other important skills. Without those, you end up costing your side goals. That's why I've always rated Lloris extremely highly.

Yeah exactly. If you judged keepers solely on shot stopping, then Gomez would be one of the top keepers. It's everything else that separates the top keepers from the merely good or ok keepers.

Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Luna, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Benteke, Weimann.

Scum: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker (c), Gibbs, Ramsey, Wheelchair, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Giroud.

Relegation sides need shot stoppers but better teams give up less shots and need these qualities in their keeper. Van der Sar's distribution was the best I have ever seen.

Stoke have been pretty poor in possession. Always misplacing passes, running into trouble. More than once I've seen them make 30 yards and then turn and pass it back the same distance. Not getting anywhere near enough of the ball in the final third.

First match of the season thoughts:

Aspas is a diving little bitch.
Coutinho and Gerrard shouldn't be in the same side - they both clearly suffer from "Roy of the Rovers" syndrome.
I think Kolo is confusing himself with the good Toure.
I don't ever want to hear Michael Owen's opinion ever again.

Back