• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Liverpool are a bit strange, they can play some scarily good stuff and in Coutinho I don't think I've seen another player in the world that can thread a pass like he can.

But they are also an example of style over substance sometimes. Last year, we didn't look as pretty as them but we collected more points. That was in part to totally shutting up shop when needed, and doing what needed to be done at the expense of style because we didn't always have the players available.

But Liverpool, they will always try to do the pretty thing. And you can see sometimes the clever flicks don't come off, leading to it all looking a bit disjointed. Better players will read them and better players will stop them playing, like we did at Anfield before chucking it away.

Liverpool will always look nice to watch this year but I'm not sure their style will make them serious challengers unless their squad has a massive upgrade.

I think racking up points while not particuarly playing well is an essential (and underestimated) quality that any team that wants to achieve anything requires. We are doing that now, ticking the points total over.

Liverpool are kind of where we were 5 years ago. Play some attractive stuff, raise it for the big clashes but a string of disappointments against lesser teams. Rodgers may have a philosophy to be admired (kudos to his swansea team) but if you engrain something too much you lose the flexibility that you need, not just match to match but within games themselves. Obviously intelligent players can help with this.

The premier league with all its thrills and spills, as a competition is a grind. And most of the time thats what you will need to be doing.

Norwich - Everton is a decent game if you want to watch something that isn't Arsenal keeping the ball for 90 minutes against one of the worst teams in the League.

how is that not s red?

On Sleazy? Did not take away a clear cut goal scoring opportunity, as Agbonlahor just passed it sideways in stead of going for goal.
If Agbonlahor hadn't been taken down he wouldn't have been going for goal.
Being last man doesn't automatically mean red card.

There are rumours* that Benteke actually signed for Spurs weeks ago, but AVB wanted to leave him at Villa until after the Arsenal game.

---------------
* Lies that I've just made up

Back