• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I genuinely think some of you underestimate some of our players. If we keep Krul, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse and add more quality additions to that we will be fighting for that top 6 spot again next season.

If any of the above are to leave it will cost an awful lot of money for the buying club, silly money, that will then be reinvested.

I think Ferguson deserves it. Not saying United's squad is poor, but if any other team and any other manager with that squad were on the same points as that City squad after 37 games they would win the award easily.

Pardew is a fine choice, however.

Pardew has always been a decent manager. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have over achieved this season as they had no pressure on them at all, and Pardew has played that situation perfectly.

With the squad they have, they wont be top 6 next season as I think Chelsea and Liverpool will sort themselves out. But fair play, credit is due this season.

I can't see Liverpool finishing above Saudi Sportswashing Machine next season, unless they spend some serious money (and not on overpriced British 'talent').

I genuinely think some of you underestimate some of our players. If we keep Krul, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse and add more quality additions to that we will be fighting for that top 6 spot again next season.

If any of the above are to leave it will cost an awful lot of money for the buying club, silly money, that will then be reinvested.

No I wouldnt say I'm underestimating them, theres not a bad player listed there. BUT look at look at the current top 4 and Chelsea and its difficult to put Saudi Sportswashing Machine up with them (ie lacking a Modric and Bale to put the squad on the same level as us).

Liverpool, they sort of have a decent squad, but I'm sure they will buy.

I can't see Liverpool finishing above Saudi Sportswashing Machine next season, unless they spend some serious money (and not on overpriced British 'talent').

Liverpool have a decent squad but lacking a few first teamers. For example Downing could easily be part of a good liverpool squad, but that level of player needs to be in the 'solid, making up the numbers' category rather than guaranteed starter.

I think Liverpool do have money but even if they dont spend it will be interesting to see if the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players can keep up the form shown this season. I wont be surprised at any outcome.

No I wouldnt say I'm underestimating them, theres not a bad player listed there. BUT look at look at the current top 4 and Chelsea and its difficult to put Saudi Sportswashing Machine up with them (ie lacking a Modric and Bale to put the squad on the same level as us).

Liverpool, they sort of have a decent squad, but I'm sure they will buy.

It's really not...

Though it will depend somewhat on keeping Cisse firing and getting demba ba back chipping in..

Well deserved in my opinion. Whatever happens Sunday Saudi Sportswashing Machine have had an amazing season. I think the only other realistic contenders were Rodgers and Lambert (even though I am not keen on Norwich's style of play). Honourable mention to Martin Jol too, as Fulham have done well after a dreadful start.

Out of the big guns, Fergie is probably the one who has his team punching above their weight. There is no way Utd should be going into the final day of the season with a chance of winning it.

As for Redknapp? 6th for me, regardless of what happens tomorrow.
1) Pardew
2) Rodgers
3) Lambert
4) Ferguson
5) Jol
6) Redknapp

See, I disagree, Pardew is the right choice today, but let's say Saudi Sportswashing Machine get spanked, Arsenal draw and Spurs win, you still rank Harry 6th? Spurs land 3rd in the PL and you would put him below Lambert/Rodgers/Jol?

Ferguson?? wtf are you people smoking, worse season in Europe in decades, out of domestic cups early, only stayed in the PL race due to AVB fudging up Cheat$ki's season and nerves/inexperience with City. And he CANNOT blame anyone for having a weak/bricky squad, it's 100% his team, he can spend 35M on players, how is it someone else's fault that his big additions are Young & Jones?

It's really not...

Though it will depend somewhat on keeping Cisse firing and getting demba ba back chipping in..

It amazes me that people still don't understand one off seasons, especially by teams newly/recently promoted.

Barcodes would do amazingly well to be close to top 6 next season, most likely they will be top 10, with a couple good streaks, but willing to put money, won't be anywhere near 5th/6th at last game of next season.

is it true all of his wages each week go straight to Ashley paying off a massive gambling debt he incurred, apparently was one of the main reasons he got the job

Stevenage going for three straight promotions.

I live in Stevenage, but I've never rooted for them as they've always played boring, long ball football.

I have tried watching them a few times and have come away thinking the same, some of the bile that comes from their fans is out of line too.

I think that you have got a really decent first team and bought really well in January but I think that you will sell again this summer.

Ferguson?? wtf are you people smoking, worse season in Europe in decades, out of domestic cups early, only stayed in the PL race due to AVB fudging up Cheat$ki's season and nerves/inexperience with City. And he CANNOT blame anyone for having a weak/bricky squad, it's 100% his team, he can spend 35M on players, how is it someone else's fault that his big additions are Young & Jones?

Getting 86-89 points is nothing to do with AVB fudging up Chelsea's season or City's nerves. That's a decent achievement, especially considering that his best defender and best defensive midfielder have missed practically the entire season, as well as long term injuries to some of the backup like Cleverly, Anderson, Smalling and Rafael.

i think Fergusson has done a great job to get that team of players to the last day of the season still with a glimmer of hope of winning the league - think you'd be hard pressed to find another manager who would have ran them this close over a course of a season.

and tbf it's EPL Manager of the season - how they fared in Europe shouldn't come in to it

having european football especially for a club not used to it in recent years should take it toll as well. big difference when you only have to play once a week

A team averaging 4000 doesn't below in the championship. Also, they are all Spurs fans anyway ain't they?

Most people in Stevenage support other teams and Stevenage would be their second team. A lot of people I know regularly go and watch Boro because they can't afford/don't want to pay extortionate fees to go and watch the London clubs.

Spurs and Arsenal are easily the two most supported teams in Stevenage as it's an overspill of North London, it's only 25 miles from Tottenham too! You get a lot of United fans of course and a far number of Kopites, there's also a smattering of West Ham and Chelsea, but Spurs and Arsenal are the two most popular.

Back