• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I thought Norwich were a difficult team to play against:-k...wow what a transformation in a week

I thought Norwich were a difficult team to play against:-k...wow what a transformation in a week

Every team is are difficult for US to play against at the moment.

We've only beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine with their central midfield missing and a Swansea side in the middle of getting found out on a 4/5 match losing streak.

Strong 2nd half performance by Liverpool and a well deserved win.

I can't understand why anyone that have watched us in the last couple of months would be saying that we would get anywhere near an easy win against that Liverpool side if we get to the final.

I can't understand why anyone that have watched us in the last couple of months would be saying that we would get anywhere near an easy win against that Liverpool side if we get to the final.

I dont think it was a strong performance. They are utter brick. Theyre not a team, they have the odd moments and isolated moments which seem to help them.

I think we would beat them if we beat chelscum

I dont think it was a strong performance. They are utter brick. Theyre not a team, they have the odd moments and isolated moments which seem to help them.

I think we would beat them if we beat chelscum

Really? The 1-1 goal was a gift, but then so was the 1-0 goal to Everton. Everton created just about nothing in the entire 2nd half while Liverpool had quite a few chances and dominated play most of the time. They showed a lot of effort and belief to me at least. They have been very poor in the league lately, but no reason to think they won't be up for an FA-cup final.

If we manage to get back to form by then I think we would be favourites, but it would be far from easy in my opinion.

But one thing at the time, first the semi against the chelsea bastards..

i want Liverpool in the final because WE play our best football against sides which try and play against us - we perform badly against sides which try and stifle us - like Everton. plus after the Pompey FA Cup semi/Blackburn League Cup final i have serious fears about our team taking 'smaller' sides lightly and thinking the game is over before it is played - against Liverpool the players should ​be focussed and realise they have to be at their best - and if we play to our best (which hoefully come the time the final is here, we will be back to it) then we should be the favorites

plus a Liverpool Tottenham final is just a bigger occasion and a more glamorous tie

i want Liverpool in the final because WE play our best football against sides which try and play against us - we perform badly against sides which try and stifle us - like Everton. plus after the Pompey FA Cup semi/Blackburn League Cup final i have serious fears about our team taking 'smaller' sides lightly and thinking the game is over before it is played - against Liverpool the players should ​be focussed and realise they have to be at their best - and if we play to our best (which hoefully come the time the final is here, we will be back to it) then we should be the favorites

plus a Liverpool Tottenham final is just a bigger occasion and a more glamorous tie

I agree with all of that, I just said I don't think it will be easy, or that we will smash them, or that they will be poor.

I just want to be there.

If we do win tomorrow and we had played Everton, then I would have wanted revenge on this season and also that Amokachi semi final. Bastards. Still remember Hinchcliffe's corners causing us all sorts of problems.

Lets just win tomorrow! Really would love the FA cup.

Really? The 1-1 goal was a gift, but then so was the 1-0 goal to Everton. Everton created just about nothing in the entire 2nd half while Liverpool had quite a few chances and dominated play most of the time. They showed a lot of effort and belief to me at least. They have been very poor in the league lately, but no reason to think they won't be up for an FA-cup final.

If we manage to get back to form by then I think we would be favourites, but it would be far from easy in my opinion.

I think Everton made Liverscum look better than what they are. Everton just sat back - I really do not think we would do that. We would attack Liverscum and will expose their frailties and ultimately expose what they actually are - brick.

Yeah we did sit back at Anfield but we didnt have half our team nor our own Manager.

I agree though first things first is chelscum - gotta beat them (im hoping we do but am very pessimistic)

Schalke - Dortmund shaping up to be a cracker. Augsburg take the lead too. Pretty crucial now for Hamburg to win today, I hope they don't go down. If they can stay up Fink & Arnesen could be an interesting team.

A couple of big sides going down in the Bundesliga this year; Probably Hertha and K?Âln at this rate.

Does anyone watch the Bundesliga on here?

It was quite embarrassing listening to the commentary on the Pool - Everton game. The Germans are pretty unimpressed with the prem at the moment. Only in England do you teams setting up like Everton & Sunderland - plus anti football like Stoke stitching towells into players shirts. It's a ll bit embarassing.

I'm sure noone thinks the Premier offers the best anymore; either in terms of quality or product/excitement.

Playing Liverpool is like playing against the SAS. It's all blood and guts stuff, not a lot of actual skill. Were are still a much better side than Liverpool. Everton always bottle it against Liverpool. Everton were the form team in the entire league coming into this game, and yet they still didn't have the belief they could win today. We shouldn't have the same problem should we make it to the final.

Back