• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Because they have rediscovered their form, scoring consistently and have won their last 4 matches. In contrast, both us and Chelsea are struggling for form and goals.

You're talking about just 4 matches? Out of 38. Look at their 4 matches prior to those 4. Maybe that's the "true" Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Until the 38 games have been played we won't know. I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will fall away with their tough last three matches of the season. They'll be in touch right until then but will fall away and finish 6th.

Winning every single game is our aim and where it falls it falls. Top four was our aim pre-season. Nothing has changed.

Pre-season 4th was far more likely to get CL qualification. If Chelsea somehow beat Barca then everything has changed.

4th place means nothing if we don't qualify.

can i just add - what the hell has happened to David Platt ? the state of that guy - looks disgusting

Pre-season 4th was far more likely to get CL qualification. If Chelsea somehow beat Barca then everything has changed.

Anything's possible, of course.

But Chelsea to beat Barca? There is a huge gulf between them. Very, very long odds on a Chelsea win.

And if they do beat Barca........the chances of them then beating Real Madrid? Every bit as unlikely. Or even Bayern Munich - especially on their home patch.

Of all the potential eventualities, Spurs finishing 4th and Chelsea winning the Champions League is not one that is causing me to lose sleep.

I can't really see how we can let that affect us. If we get 4th and fail to qualify for the CL it's just one of those things. That scenario may become more and more common over the next few seasons as I think there will always be 5 or 6 teams going for those top 4 positions.

He looks like a body that has been dredged up from the bottom of a canal. What happened to him?

Well he never really started with much did he? He always seemed to have a weirdly shaped head. Fell out of the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down.

Those footballing gods, strolling round in their togas (they all look like Statto and Jimmy Hill, unfortunately, rather than Ursula Andress) are having a giggle over the thought of Chelsea somehow sneaking past Bar?ºa with the aid of a magic helmet* or something. They're of the definite opinion it would cause (and I quote) "profound consternation" here on GG.

Edit: Latest advice is magic helmets aren't allowed under FIFA regulations. They're considering a magic pair of shorts.

Last edited:
Anything's possible, of course.

But Chelsea to beat Barca? There is a huge gulf between them. Very, very long odds on a Chelsea win.

And if they do beat Barca........the chances of them then beating Real Madrid? Every bit as unlikely. Or even Bayern Munich - especially on their home patch.

Of all the potential eventualities, Spurs finishing 4th and Chelsea winning the Champions League is not one that is causing me to lose sleep.

I agree completely that it's hugely unlikely. We do need to plan for all eventualities though - it would be dangerous not to.

Thank fudge they missed that. GD is gonna play a role in all this.

Been saying it for weeks, and still think it might.

Still an outside chance of Chelsea snatching a point at Arsenal, but we HAVE to win our 3 home games = Level with Arsenal.

Then its all on our respective 3 away games, where I'd like to think we can match them.

This could turn out to be one hell of a final day

This could turn out to be one hell of a final day

Earlier in the season most of us were cheerily blabbing about how it was going to be a no-pressure game because we'd already have finished third by then, and therefore would be the prefect game to give BMJ a huge wave of good cheer.

All gonad*s now. The win comes first, however nasty it may seem.

So Emirates Marketing Project have spent over ?ú2bn in 3 seasons, they have 1 FA Cup win and 2 CL qualifications, thats a truely amazing achievement, tremendous...

Dangerous thing to suggest to be honest. Some players are one season wonders, others thrive alongside a certain team mate and struggle without them. I'm not saying he isn't a very good player, but I never bought into him being world class last season either. He isn't anything special, but he is definitely above average. I'd certainly take him at Spurs over Defoe and Saha. But I think he is probably equal to Ade in terms of ability.

With the way we play with our wingers being the main threat plus Hernandez's movement, I can't see how he wouldn't score at least 20 league goals for Spurs. Adebayor has managed 14 and he's not even a great finisher.

i never expected Arse to win today, a draw maybe but it was all about Emirates Marketing Project having to win to keep pace with Utd. Well they fcuked that up very well.

Arse look very very strong mentally right now. Organized and frugal at the back, the midfielders are running around closing down the oppo with determination and gusto, and of course up front RVP is in the form of his life. Song is outrageously good right now too, for a defensive midfielder he aint half got some defence splitting balls in his locker

to be honest if they finish third then fair play. The main reason i wanted us to finish third was so that we didnt have to go thru any CL qualifier and also we would be able to attract some good players early in the transfer window by being able to offer a guaranteed place in the CL

We can't plan for it in any way. The likelihood is we need to win all of our remaining games and hope that Scum don't.

Isn't that planning for it? Trying to finish above Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine is not planning, trying to finish above Arsenal is.

i never expected Arse to win today, a draw maybe but it was all about Emirates Marketing Project having to win to keep pace with Utd. Well they fcuked that up very well.

Arse look very very strong mentally right now. Organized and frugal at the back, the midfielders are running around closing down the oppo with determination and gusto, and of course up front RVP is in the form of his life. Song is outrageously good right now too, for a defensive midfielder he aint half got some defence splitting balls in his locker

to be honest if they finish third then fair play. The main reason i wanted us to finish third was so that we didnt have to go thru any CL qualifier and also we would be able to attract some good players early in the transfer window by being able to offer a guaranteed place in the CL

Song has been one their 2nd best player behind Van Rapist. Hopefully teams will actually make it a priority to stop him next season as he's one of the main suppliers to Van Rapist's goals.

What I don't get is where did Arteta, Rosicky, Koscielney and Walcott ALL find this stunning form from miraculously?

Back