• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Of course, only going back the last 2 games gives you that response. What about the last game ? arseanal 3 pts spurs 1, or why not go back the last 8 games ?

Your fast becoming the mick totman of gg.

Form is gonad*s anyway, due to the level of the opposition distorting the short term variance. The ONLY form table that matters is after 38 games.

I'm refuting the fact that we feel sorry for ourselves. We do not.

Ok that's fine. Can you now point me to a few examples (not just this season if you want) where the ref made a big call against us that was wrong and we went on to win?

The ones i remember were:

This season

Emirates Marketing Project (away) Balotelli should have seen red at 2-2

Wolves (home) onside goal disallowed

Chelsea (home) onside goal disallowed and handball

Stoke (away) various calls

over the years i remember

2-0 at OLd Trafford and lose 5-2 after bad call

1-0 at Chelski and lose 2-1 after bad call.

I'm sure theres more.

Ok that's fine. Can you now point me to a few examples (not just this season if you want) where the ref made a big call against us that was wrong and we went on to win?

The ones i remember were:

This season

Emirates Marketing Project (away) Balotelli should have seen red at 2-2

Wolves (home) onside goal disallowed

Chelsea (home) onside goal disallowed and handball

Stoke (away) various calls

over the years i remember

2-0 at OLd Trafford and lose 5-2 after bad call

1-0 at Chelski and lose 2-1 after bad call.

I'm sure theres more.

It's like playing poker. All the players remember their bad beats, but never remember when they dished out a bad beat to someone else.

Good form gives confidence. A confident team will win a lot more games than a team that is suffering.

And a couple of personnel can change everything and restore all confidence. The thing is, we haven't played badly other than Arsenal away. Every other game we've played OK to well. The players know that, the Manager knows that. So I don't think confidence is dented.

na, we done that

True. We have only ourselves to blame. With only 1 win out of our last 7 matches, you can't be hoping to finish in top 3 or even 4 ! Forget about Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be favourites to finish in top 4 now. History books will look back at this season on how both ManCity and us fecked up 10-15 points leads to finish way below expectations.

Its also annoying that Van Persie has finally stopped scoring but the rest of the team has started chipping in.

Right now I couldn't give a brick about how well we're playing, I just want us to win, a shot from Bale that goes in off Ade's backside will do me, if we get the three points.

True. We have only ourselves to blame. With only 1 win out of our last 7 matches, you can't be hoping to finish in top 3 or even 4 ! Forget about Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be favourites to finish in top 4 now. History books will look back at this season on how both ManCity and us fecked up 10-15 points leads to finish way below expectations.

Why?

I think Arsenal will win all their remaining games. Their tails are up. They are playing well and they have RVP. We need them to beat Chelsea, as we have some tough fixtures, we are not playing that well, we look a tired team, and, depsite having bought/loaned more strikers, we still don't look enough of a threat up front. I'm particularly worried about the QPR game, as form can go out of the window in London derbies. And the Bolton game, when Bolton may have a let's do it for Fabrice mentality.

I doubt Muamba will come into it for Bolton, they've already had a game against us since. I'm more worried about the fact we never win up at the Reebok. And that Davies will inevitably score.

True. We have only ourselves to blame. With only 1 win out of our last 7 matches, you can't be hoping to finish in top 3 or even 4 !

This is the bottom line. I think most on here can recognise they we havent really been playing at our best for a while. It is thanks to our form earlier on that we are still where we are. Simply put if we dont ensure we pick it up as of now we could soon be saying hello to 6th position in the league. It would be a massive disappointment considering how (results wise) the vast majority of the season has gone and in my opinion would be a complete faliure considering the position we have been in.

On the slightly more positive side it would only take one result reversal (us winning, gooner scum losing) to put us back in 3rd and them in jeopardy. Its not quite squeaky bum time. Theres no reason why we can't finish strongly while the other teams around us fall apart. Consistency, with a few wins in that is the key. Keep the faith!

People need to contain their disappointment and look at the bigger picture. Yes, we all expected City to probably get a point and they didn't. So now Arsenal are 2points clear. They have Wigan and Wolves as the next 2 games - Fine, they will probably pick up 6 points. They still have to play Stoke and Chelsea which we could say are likely draws. They have to travel to West Brom on the last day who have a decent record against them too. It can and will change from game to game.

A nice 3-0 win for example for us tomorrow changes the complexion again and means Arsenal have to go to Wolves and do the job. That is all we can do, keep making Arsenal have to go for maximum points by winning our games or picking up more points than them in each individual round of games.

They would have to be favourites for 3rd which is fine by me. We can still pull a result out of the bag away from home in our fixtures that are left that could make all the difference. Keep the faith until its no longer possible - COYS!

Of course, only going back the last 2 games gives you that response. What about the last game ? arseanal 3 pts spurs 1, or why not go back the last 8 games ?

Your fast becoming the mick totman of gg.

Calm down, petal.

It was merely an observation to counter all those going completely, suicidally OTT about a result today that didn't even involve our team.

I wasn't trying to make any kind of point about a 1, 2, 3 or even 8 game winning streak being more significant than any other length of winning streak. Its the next match that matters. That is all.

The Moonlit Knight said:
Top four is our aim, and Arsenal are now favourites for third simply because games are running out and they are mathematically ahead. But 3rd isn't out of the question,

Surely until Chelsea lose to Barca 3rd must be out aim.

Back