• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Im not writing off brick but its kind of disheartening that we were in a position all alone not challenging for top but not challenging for fourth. NOW we are challenging with Arse, Chelscum AND Noocastle for two spots.

Im not writing off brick but its kind of disheartening that we were in a position all alone not challenging for top but not challenging for fourth. NOW we are challenging with Arse, Chelscum AND Noocastle for two spots.

Yeah good point. We were miles ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, now they could conceivably overtake us. It'll be unnacceptable if we finish below them.

No. Not 4th. We can't finish one more season below Arsenal. We have to finish 3rd.

If we were to compare todays performance against the likes of Fulham away, Stoke away, West brom away, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, Wolves away, Norwich away, Swansea away, Blackburn, Wigan, etc... what would you say is different?

Is it different? Are we tired? Are we lacking in the same confidence we had earlier? Is the result just made to look bad because of the current league standings and how everyone around us have seemed to found form all of a sudden?

If back in August you were told that we would be 3rd with 6 games to go and in the FA cup semi final, I bet all of you would have bitten of whoevers hand it was that was offering it. Yes it might be slightly disappointing that we have dropped points recently and others have caught us but to be honest I didn't think we would be in this position at the beginning of the season.
I think that because we had a really good run some peoples expectations have gone too high. Some need to get a grip saying that its season over and starting with the wrist slitting. Its still all to play for.

If we were to compare todays performance against the likes of Fulham away, Stoke away, West brom away, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, Wolves away, Norwich away, Swansea away, Blackburn, Wigan, etc... what would you say is different?

Is it different? Are we tired? Are we lacking in the same confidence we had earlier? Is the result just made to look bad because of the current league standings and how everyone around us have seemed to found form all of a sudden?

Gary Neville has said many times that at this stage of the season, it's about which teams retain their bottle and which teams lose it. We were so far ahead of the chasing pack a month ago, perhaps the players feel that they have blown it. Even so, it shouldn't be the case because we are still in a great position!

For me it was quite a different performance. In those games we seemed to try much harder. We went for the win, sometimes got it, sometimes not, but most of the time we went for it.

Less off the ball movement, several times I was very frustrated with how we just didn't seem to want to break, there was space to attack in, but the runs weren't starting.

Unlike some of those earlier games we never (or rarely) had our backs against the wall in this one, but in most of those games when we did have our backs against the wall it was because we had gone ahead and the other team had no choice, they had to attack and try to put pressure on us.

If back in August you were told that we would be 3rd with 6 games to go and in the FA cup semi final, I bet all of you would have bitten of whoevers hand it was that was offering it. Yes it might be slightly disappointing that we have dropped points recently and others have caught us but to be honest I didn't think we would be in this position at the beginning of the season.
I think that because we had a really good run some peoples expectations have gone too high. Some need to get a grip saying that its season over and starting with the wrist slitting. Its still all to play for.

Yes but thats in August - objectives and aims MUST change with the way you progress. How you progress during the year shapes your targets and objectives. Its dynamic.

If at the age of 20 you decided to make a million pounds by the time youre 30 but you made 20 million at 25 would you not aim for 30m at 30? or would you just be content of having a million at 30?

I'm only writing it off if City drop points tomorrow, that's all I can say. Being ONE POINT above Arsenal whilst they have a game in hand (albeit against City) isn't the biggest achievement ever considering the season that their fans have had to endure with much pain, when we had an 11 game run where we won 10 and drew 1
You're calling it off if we're two points behind them with over five games to go?

That's ridiculous IMO.

I think the Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal defeats may have knocked the stuffing out of us and the manner of the defeats. If we had lost 2-1 to Arsenal, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but to get gubbed 5-2 must have hurt. And the Emirates Marketing Project defeat must have been a gutter for the players considering we should have won the game or drawn at the very least.

COYS is also right, it is about momentum. But the momentum will be back with us if we stop feeling sorry for ourselves, play our game and start turning teams over again because we are more than capable of winning every game until the end of the season.

Yes but thats in August - objectives and aims MUST change with the way you progress. How you progress during the year shapes your targets and objectives. Its dynamic.

Maybe but i've been a Spurs fan for 31 years and have learn't not to expect too much and enjoy the good times. We are still in a position to have had a great season so must maintain the belief.

If at the age of 20 you decided to make a million pounds by the time youre 30 but you made 20 million at 25 would you not aim for 30m at 30? or would you just be content of having a million at 30?

Probably the wrong question to ask as I'm not money motivated at all.

fudging dingdongheads was overreacting but "fools" and a "team full of macarons" is spot on.

It's admirable that they decided to go gung ho away to chelski when they had a point in the bag? you call it admirable but i prefer to refer to it as stupid.the chance to go 16th vs the chance to stay 19th and they pick the second option due to stupidity (say what you want but cb's bombarding forward to the opposition penalty box IN OPEN PLAY) is stupid.

if that 1 point is the difference between survival and relegation i very much doubt Dave Whelan would take comfort in the fact that they succeeded in being "admirable" when he's counting his losses (upwards of 20 million) and the fans when they're away to
Millwall and hull city rather than United and us.

if Wigan go down its not just about this one match. Plus im sure Dave Whelen knows he is chairman of a club with poor home attendances, not much money to spend, a lack of quality players, the only thing they have going for them is a manager who preaches quality passing football from the players at hios disposal. Its a miracle Wigan have survived so long in the league, it wont go on forever.

plus, about the cb bombing forward trying to nick the winner, isnt that the same centre back who scored the winner at Anfield, Kop end, a few weeks back?? and from open play? obviously he's got the taste for it :)

I'm pretty sure Wigan had a corner a minute before which was the reason he was up but that's besides the point. That was around the 60th minute mark where the points were no where near safe and this was past the 90th minute mark. Anyway we both have our beliefs and neither will budge so lets agree to disagree and move on:p

What I find weird is people who are called Richard Head. Did nobody say anything to their parents when they were registering the name?? "Errr... Are you sure you wanna call him Richard, Mr and Mrs Head?"

Back