• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I think they sit on a sofa in front of a bank of screens showing every game.

It's a simple formula:

1) Take a rough guess of team's current form (note: knowing team's actual form not necessary)
2) Look at result and decide whether or not you think it is a) a good result for said team and b) an improvement on recent form
3) Something about mental strength/weakness. Something about uncharacteristic/same old.
4) Insert lazy clich?®

E.G: Man United 1 - 0 Blackburn

1) Probably won their last few games because they're Man United
2) Good result, about level with current form
3) United show tremendous mental toughness to continue to grind out these wins as their form suggests
4) United have been here and done this before

Last edited:
scaled.php

Fergie digs into City and Viera

Sir Alex spoke about Patrick Vieira's 'United are desperate' comments in his press conference: "If it’s desperation bringing the best midfielder in Britain back for the last 20 years [Paul Scholes] then I think we can accept that. I think he was programmed for that. Roberto [Mancini] had a wee dig a couple of weeks back. We’re all going to play our hand that way. There will be plenty of ammunition for that.

"I think the point Vieira makes about Ravel Morrison and losing our young players – we wanted to sell him let’s be clear about that for obvious reasons. But we want Pogba to stay because we think he’s going to be a fantastic Manchester United player and hopefully that’s the case.

"If you talk about desperation… City played a player the other night who refused to go on the pitch and the manager said he’d never play again and he takes a five-month holiday in Argentina…what is that? Could that come under the description of desperation? There will be plenty of ammunition don’t worry."

www.manutd.com

Well said Fergie. Althought you're still a cnut.......

I wish we had a manager that would stick up for our players a bit more and offer the odd jibe at the opposing team. Its driven purely from his winning mentallity.

I find it staggering that you have Vieira the **** saying what he said when they just took back Tevez

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNTS

Fergie digs into City and Viera

Sir Alex spoke about Patrick Vieira's 'United are desperate' comments in his press conference: "If itÔÇÖs desperation bringing the best midfielder in Britain back for the last 20 years [Paul Scholes] then I think we can accept that. I think he was programmed for that. Roberto [Mancini] had a wee dig a couple of weeks back. WeÔÇÖre all going to play our hand that way. There will be plenty of ammunition for that.

"I think the point Vieira makes about Ravel Morrison and losing our young players ÔÇô we wanted to sell him letÔÇÖs be clear about that for obvious reasons. But we want Pogba to stay because we think heÔÇÖs going to be a fantastic Manchester United player and hopefully thatÔÇÖs the case.

"If you talk about desperation City played a player the other night who refused to go on the pitch and the manager said hed never play again and he takes a five-month holiday in Argentinawhat is that? Could that come under the description of desperation? There will be plenty of ammunition dont worry."

www.manutd.com

It's not desperation either way. Not much different from them bringing in Laurent Blanc or Henrik Larsson to do a job when they needed it.

Unlike City they don't have an unlimited pool of money to spend so they can't just buy 7 central midfielders to have available.

Fergie is just so unbelievably savy in these situations. There's very little Viera and Mancini can say to that. Bit silly from Viera really.

Ferdinand's banter on the other hand is brick and he should shut the fudge up and just concentrate on playing football.

Fergie has made Vieira look like a complete mug! Why did he pipe up in the first place? When it comes to these mind games (excuse the cliche), Fergie leaves everyone in the dust.

It's not desperation either way. Not much different from them bringing in Laurent Blanc or Henrik Larsson to do a job when they needed it.

Unlike City they don't have an unlimited pool of money to spend so they can't just buy 7 central midfielders to have available.

Unbelievably, a Emirates Marketing Project fan who I work with said the other day "we don't have enough fit holding midfielders". It's not the rest of the league's problem that they have to play with 2 sitting midfielders every game.

We will need Villa to do us a huge favour in their next 2 matches, against Arsenal and Chelsea. Really annoying that we have to rely on other teams to stay in top 4 now.

We will need Villa to do us a huge favour in their next 2 matches, against Arsenal and Chelsea. Really annoying that we have to rely on other teams to stay in top 4 now.

Still in our hands for 4th mate, even if we lose to Chelsea.

Back