• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

This time last season, game 27 for us we lost to united away and we were 3 points worse off

our run in after that game was

9 wins
2 draws (liverpool and Brentford)

Looking at the other teams fixtures, if we can get the 9 wins that’s 69 points which would get top 4 this season IMO

This time last season, game 27 for us we lost to united away and we were 3 points worse off

our run in after that game was

9 wins
2 draws (liverpool and Brentford)

Looking at the other teams fixtures, if we can get the 9 wins that’s 69 points which would get top 4 this season IMO

I think everyone would take 9 wins. Huge ask though.

I think everyone would take 9 wins. Huge ask though.
Is it…
We only play one team above us in the league, at home and we owe them
We play our best they are very beatable
For our harder games they come when everyone else is playing frequently too so no disadvantage there
And we have a good run of x
Fixtures for the end of the season …
It’s very doable now IMO
To be over taken a team would need be stringing together 10 wins out of 12 really and only arsenal have done that all season I believe …
The cliche now though is more true than ever, take each game as it comes

Is it…
We only play one team above us in the league, at home and we owe them
We play our best they are very beatable
For our harder games they come when everyone else is playing frequently too so no disadvantage there
And we have a good run of x
Fixtures for the end of the season …
It’s very doable now IMO
To be over taken a team would need be stringing together 10 wins out of 12 really and only arsenal have done that all season I believe …
The cliche now though is more true than ever, take each game as it comes

For any team asking 9 wins out of 11 is a big ask.

No idea where that idea comes from. I've just said 70 points shoult do it. Or 22 points from our last 11 games. 7 wins 1 draw.
Yep
That’s doable
The key for us is the period against those around us
They become must not lose games
United without casimero for 4 games now and pool on holiday for a few weeks after Wednesday too
Really odd season

Looked back over the last 10 seasons and 70 points is the average needed for 4th (based on taking the 5th placed team points total and adding 1 point)

Therefore 22 more points should be enough most of the time

10 points from each of the 4 game batches before our big week therefore more or less does it. Would take a draw against each of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Man U and Liveprool

Our average points per game so far would take us to 68 points over the full season, so 70 points is pretty in keeping with our overall form.

Our average points per game so far would take us to 68 points over the full season, so 70 points is pretty in keeping with our overall form.
Factor in we are now embarking on Contes favourite schedule of 1 game week should add few points.
BUT detract (compared to last season), the added impetus given by last seasons two Jan signings, now totals one with a blown up knee and the other a player out of form.
A golden boot winner not so golden.
And last seasons Lloris a better/stabler keeper situation than the current one.

So......eff knows.

Think you need to check the maths there! 9 wins gets us another 27 points so to 75 points, with the two additional games on top

I think we need 6 - 7 wins

Factor in we are now embarking on Contes favourite schedule of 1 game week should add few points.
BUT detract (compared to last season), the added impetus given by last seasons two Jan signings, now totals one with a blown up knee and the other a player out of form.
A golden boot winner not so golden.
And last seasons Lloris a better/stabler keeper situation than the current one.

So......eff knows.
But on the flip side:
Kane scoring at a better rate than last season
Foster making us look more stable than Lloris
Pedro Porro looking a real threat and will supply plenty of ammunition
Davies making us better and more balanced on the LWB than I’ve seen at anytime last season (particularly compliments the more attacking Porro)
Like you say who knows - but considering Man U schedule and us playing once a week we really should be looking at challenging for third…

Should a top 4 finish be the only consideration for supporters?

Of course not and i have never said that, as you probably know our inability to put out teams to win Cups as been a bug bear of mine and that includes the throwing away ( failing) in so many of them and that includes many while Pooch was here.

Of course not and i have never said that, as you probably know our inability to put out teams to win Cups as been a bug bear of mine and that includes the throwing away ( failing) in so many of them and that includes many while Pooch was here.

Well that's why i ask because in the post i quoted you seemed to be implying that supporters were wrong to be upset over the last month of football from Spurs because we are still in with a shot of top 4

Well that's why i ask because in the post i quoted you seemed to be implying that supporters were wrong to be upset over the last month of football from Spurs because we are still in with a shot of top 4

Supporters have every right to be upset over the last month or so, however there is a difference between being upset and some of the rubbish (Hysteria) i have heard about how CRAP we are and of course its all down to the manager.

What I find pretty amazing is that pre-op Conte was a man , I mean respected and his name sung by fans. He has emergency surgery, is out, we start losing and fall out of 2 cups and he’s suddenly the bogie man. Odd that no one even cares. Are we that heartless?

Last edited:
Back