• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Just seen the Rice sending off incident, hilarious! If that happened to one of our players I would be fuming.
Marvellous, just hope we capitalise on his absence when we play them.

Just seen the Rice sending off incident, hilarious! If that happened to one of our players I would be fuming.

Same. He barely touches the ball, which is basically rolling over his toes. So I get that the goons are annoyed by that, but I could care less. Lovely that he's out against us!

Think it's the refs laying down the law early in the season, all clubs and players were warned that stopping a player taking a quick free kick by kicking the ball away or blocking it by being less than 10 yards away was going to be penalised by a booking (which it always has been just never been applied) and now they're backing it up by actually applying the laws.

Think it's the refs laying down the law early in the season, all clubs and players were warned that stopping a player taking a quick free kick by kicking the ball away or blocking it by being less than 10 yards away was going to be penalised by a booking (which it always has been just never been applied) and now they're backing it up by actually applying the laws.
Except the ref in that game didn't book the Brighton player for kicking the ball away after a throw in was given. I'm all for bad things to happen to the Goons, but the lack of consistency is not good for 'the game'.

Except the ref in that game didn't book the Brighton player for kicking the ball away after a throw in was given. I'm all for bad things to happen to the Goons, but the lack of consistency is not good for 'the game'.
Although it's a poor argument the ref can't be sure that the Brighton player is kicking it away, the movement to kick the ball is made before it goes out of play, it's very, very harsh to book a player for that. Rice kicked a dead ball away and did not retreat in proper time, it's a harsh decision especially for a sending off but rice has no one but himself to blame.

I care about consistency except where the lack of it costs this mob points and Chelsea and Wet Spam too.

New signing Merino set for two-month injury lay-off​

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Merino is set to miss close to two months with the fractured shoulder, report the Daily Mail.
The Spaniard reportedly suffered the injury in his first training session after joining the north London club.
Gunners boss Mikel Arteta had confirmed on Friday Merino had suffered an injury, but the full extent has now been laid bare.

The difference in the 2 situations was the Brighton player did not impede the taking of the throw in by kicking the ball away which is what Rice was booked for. Not retreating 10 yes, kicking yhe ball away etc falls under a different category to hoofing ghe ball away at a throw in, possibly because there are numerous match balls dotted around the pitch side for exactly that reason.

Italy defender Riccardo Calafiori won't feature against Israel tomorrow due to injury. He will return to Arsenal today for recovery.

He suffered the injury in a freak incident against France during the 3-1 win Friday night, when Ousmane Dembele landed on his ankle after being tackled from elsewhere.

Calafiori is now a doubt for the north London derby, which will be played on September 14 - live on Sky Sports

Back