• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

But is Mhiktiryan and Aubameyang in with Sanchez, Walcott, Coquelin, Giroud and Ozil leaving strengthening? That is what they are currently looking at in the next six months?

But for outgoing players, are they filling gaps in the squad where they were weakest?
In that case no, but I was just going on the 2 incoming ones for the sale of Sanchez. Hopefully they will be weaker but I think they cover Sanchez's goals with those 2 new ones (should Aubameyang come in).

In that case no, but I was just going on the 2 incoming ones for the sale of Sanchez. Hopefully they will be weaker but I think they cover Sanchez's goals with those 2 new ones (should Aubameyang come in).

Aubameyang is meant to be dependent on Giroud going the other way. So it is not a two for one deal, as a result of Sanchez leaving.

I'm not sure that it helps them much in the second half of the season. They are decent enough players but I doubt that either will perform at Sanchez's levels so soon after joining.

Walcott and Coquelin leaving weakens their squad.

Aubameyang is meant to be dependent on Giroud going the other way. So it is not a two for one deal, as a result of Sanchez leaving.

I'm not sure that it helps them much in the second half of the season. They are decent enough players but I doubt that either will perform at Sanchez's levels so soon after joining.

Walcott and Coquelin leaving weakens their squad.
Debatable

@Rorschach - I raise your "debatable" to a NO.
Because one was dreadful and the other one never played.
Walcott got as much pitch time to as the guy who checks the medical equipment every quarter in the tunnel area.

They are bodies that are not being replaced this month.
I think he has been told to get rid of some of the chaff.
Ozil is their standout player now.
But their midfield was never a problem, fitness was the big drawback.
Wheelchair, Ozil, Ramsey and now Mhiktiryan when fit, should I repeat should be fine and be a top four midfield.
Aubameyang, Giroud, Lacazette and Welbeck will not be shabby.

I think we're kidding ourselves a little bit if we don't think Aubameyang and Mhiktaryan are going to make Scum better. They're quality players, in my opinion. They're not going to make Scum title challengers, but they'll certainly make them better. I think Aubameyang will be perfectly suited for the PL, unfortunately, and Mhiktaryan has shown what he can do for Yanited/Dortmund, he's a very capable player in my book.

Edit - I just went to the Scum official website (to see if they'd announced Aubameyang), and somehow got this dirty feeling over me, like I had done something illegal. I felt compelled to delete internet history and go wash my hands. No joke! I realize it's childish and irrational, but the feeling was very real. :p

I think we're kidding ourselves a little bit if we don't think Aubameyang and Mhiktaryan are going to make Scum better. They're quality players, in my opinion. They're not going to make Scum title challengers, but they'll certainly make them better. I think Aubameyang will be perfectly suited for the PL, unfortunately, and Mhiktaryan has shown what he can do for Yanited/Dortmund, he's a very capable player in my book.

I think to say they are better, they would need to strengthen areas of weakness.

For Aubameyang to strengthen them, he will need to out perform Sanchez. Now Im not saying he cant or wont, only that Sanchez set a VERY high bar. So the chances are, even if he does improve them, it will be to the effect of strengthening an already strong part of the side. Its marginal gains at best.

Unlike signing someone like Wanyama, who would be significantly strengthening an area of genuine weakness for them. That would be an enormous gain.

Mhiktaryan? I think practically he is there to replace Ozil. Which basically plays out the same as Aubameyang/Sanchez. Marginal gains.

The interesting bits with him are:
a) He has barely played/performed/impressed in near two seasons. Can he regain his form (and he was quality then)?
b) If Ozil sits on his contract until the summer, can they play together?

I dont think its sour grapes, bias or general fan gonads to say its not "obvious" they are stronger with those signings. To my mind, immediate impression, they are about the same.

Which isnt bad considering the loss they have taken. Were we to lose Kane and Eriksen and come out the other side no worse off, that would be a big win to my mind.

Edit - I just went to the Scum official website (to see if they'd announced Aubameyang), and somehow got this dirty feeling over me, like I had done something illegal. I felt compelled to delete internet history and go wash my hands. No joke! I realize it's childish and irrational, but the feeling was very real. :p

As things stand at the moment, it is Sanchez, Walcott and Coquelin out and Mhiktaryan in. That leaves them weaker than at the beginning of the window. Aubameyang would be a quality addition and a better fit for replacing Sanchez than Mhiktaryan (who looks to me like Ozil's replacement coming in early).

Aubameyang and Mhiktaryan for Sanchez and Ozil doesn't look that different to me and certainly not a big improvement.

Too late, your interest in them has already been noted by google.

Umm there is professional help for these type maladies nowadays ;)

I think he has been told to get rid of some of the chaff.
Ozil is their standout player now.
But their midfield was never a problem, fitness was the big drawback.
Wheelchair, Ozil, Ramsey and now Mhiktiryan when fit, should I repeat should be fine and be a top four midfield.
Aubameyang, Giroud, Lacazette and Welbeck will not be shabby.

Midfield most certainly is a problem for them - Wheelchair was struggling at Bournemouth last season and is now who they depend on, Xhaka seems a bit of a flop so far and as a midfield base it's easily the worst of the top 6. Ozil Sanchez and Carzola is a top attacking midfield but one has gone and the other two have 6 months left on their contracts, (as does Wheelchair)

Midfield most certainly is a problem for them - Wheelchair was struggling at Bournemouth last season and is now who they depend on, Xhaka seems a bit of a flop so far and as a midfield base it's easily the worst of the top 6. Ozil Sanchez and Carzola is a top attacking midfield but one has gone and the other two have 6 months left on their contracts, (as does Wheelchair)

IF fit they would have been fine!
They have all been crocked for lengthy periods except for Ozil.
Xhaka was never good enough imho

IF fit they would have been fine!
They have all been crocked for lengthy periods except for Ozil.
Xhaka was never good enough imho

You said midfield was never a problem for them - id say a starting midfield of Wheelchair and Xhaka is a monumental problem in that it is an awful pairing and way below the level a top 4 side needs, whatever about fitness- central midfield is a huge problem for them and has been for a decade almost

KXU_gpW1_normal.jpg
Football Funnys (@FootballFunnys)
22/01/2018, 14:30
Arsenal Fan TV is next level pic.twitter.com/Dg66Hh12PX

Ah you gotta laugh at these clowns

Back