• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Cheers, i remember hearing Paolo Bandini saying that.
Any chance of finding out if Bandini has retracted his comments?
He seemed reasonably informed (though perhaps more via fan-connected hearsay) when saying it too (he is a Gooner who doesn't take much interest in ArsenalFanTV, in fact dislikes it and thinks its made more for the entertainment of the likes of us..which is of course right!:D)

Cheers, i remember hearing Paolo Bandini saying that.
Any chance of finding out if Bandini has retracted his comments?
He seemed reasonably informed (though perhaps more via fan-connected hearsay) when saying it too (he is a Gooner who doesn't take much interest in ArsenalFanTV, in fact dislikes it and thinks its made more for the entertainment of the likes of us..which is of course right!:D)

Not sure to be honest, I will have a look. It even sounds all abit corporate,

Chas Newky who writes for 4-4-2 is very anti ATV, often read his comments.

Whats interesting is the whole thing is manufactured in the fact that they have a crowdfunded protest which heightens tension, results in fights in and out the stadium and they are the cause or at least a huge part of it, they then go on and create videos saying that the clubs lack of decision making and Wenger himself are causing fan divisions which is utter crap its manufactured.

CrIl4ctXYAcfMME.jpg

@Grays_1890 , even excluding the 'corporate funding' aspect behind many such channels, it will be supremely interesting to see how these 'Fan TV' ventures all end up, to be honest. Instinctively, the idea of fans making money off of the anger and disappointment of other fans after games seems to run contrary to everything being a fan is about, and everything being part of a group of people all united by their passion is about more broadly. If the stuff about AFTV *hiring* those 'bludfam' chancers to play up on screen for Youtube money is true, then that's even worse from the perspective of going against what being a fan is supposed to be. If you're disappointed with the result and/or the club as a whole, you want to be able to share that with your fellow fans, or at least know that they're suffering that way too - but then some guy who ostensibly supports your club starts raking in tons of Youtube/merchandising money by getting similarly self-interested people to play characters on screen while being seemingly blase about turning a diverse fanbase into a caricature maintained by five or so regular 'characters', a meme that the rest of the Prem laughs at on a weekly basis.

Cant say I blame those fans for turning against that sort of thing, and subsequently questioning whether that bloke even is a fan like them given those circumstances (even though, as I said, that AFTV guy apparently does try to interview a few different people from time to time, when he's not focused on gaining ad revenue by devoting the majority of his airtime to that famous 'bludfam' lot).

Maybe if a FanTV channel was set up by the supporters' trust of that particular club, with the ad revenue being used to further the trust's own stake in the club wherever possible - then, maybe it wouldn't generate quite so much instinctive dislike. But as it stands, and on reflection - I'm not surprised that the bubble is starting to burst.

@SteveAWOL - "You're a money maker, you're a money maker, you're a money maker..." , "It's about this (the club), it's not about you."

I never want this drama to end, because laughing at Arsenal has never been more broadly appealing to literally every other football fan. :p But I think that reaction does speak to the larger philosophical question at hand, about the nature of supporting a club. And credit to those A*se fans for starting that discussion, whatever their other assorted deficiencies (and whether or not those mongs actually meant to do so in the first place).

Last edited:
How long before a spurs fan TV though? It's only a matter of time with the money involved with YouTube videos these days. Sad to say, but I'd be surprised if it didn't show up sooner rather than later.

The video of the fans turning shows that ArsenalTV and its "stars" got what the wanted and that is a reaction, the problem is I doubt it was to the level the level they wanted and accounted for. As I said they have manufactured this tension from their actions.

What is interesting is they all mention that the club is being pulled through the mud by the board and the fact is them that are doing exactly that under the banner of passion.

Like I said a few weeks ago regardless of the rivalry what does not sit well with me is disgracing of Wenger and the sheer level of it, you don't want him as manager thats fine, you wanna say Wenger our, thats fine, but banners, planes, protests and calling him an f-iing fraud and a cheat I mean the guys a human under it all and his family has to sit there and endure seeing it.

All this Arsenal in decline is rubbish. They can still outspend us and the majority of the league.
They have suffered from poor transfers and injuries, just the natural ups and downs of this now hugely financed league.
They have dipped, but finished secound last season and have the finance to do whatever they want, and 'eventually' decide, once they get this current hiatus out of their system.

Its like saying Manchester United are finished! These mamouth clubs are no longer on their own.

Ask Leicester fans. Arsenal stories are just the modern equivalent newspaper/internet garbage or as we used to say chip paper.

Why we on here and other Spurs haunts bang on about them as much as we do baffles me to an extent.

So funny, love the "save the dog banner" jibe. You need a sense of humour to be an Orient fan, nice proper football club being f***** up by foreign owner.

All this Arsenal in decline is rubbish. They can still outspend us and the majority of the league.
They have suffered from poor transfers and injuries, just the natural ups and downs of this now hugely financed league.
They have dipped, but finished secound last season and have the finance to do whatever they want, and 'eventually' decide, once they get this current hiatus out of their system.

Its like saying Manchester United are finished! These mamouth clubs are no longer on their own.

Ask Leicester fans. Arsenal stories are just the modern equivalent newspaper/internet garbage or as we used to say chip paper.

Why we on here and other Spurs haunts bang on about them as much as we do baffles me to an extent.
its all relative though innit - they should be challenging for the league with their stability /wages but they are not hence the decline - Its the same with Liverpool as long as they are able to spend £100M p/a on wages with a similar wage/revenue ratio they will most likely get ahead of us in the long run.

Back