• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Re: Lets not laugh at the other North London club 2013/2014

After Chamakh's departure, AFC have recouped a massive £462k PW in wages.

Let's not kid ourselves. Clearly Arsenal are setting themselves for trying something big. They have large cash surpluses and have savagely cleared the decks. Not only that, but the Sanogo lad picked up for free looked impressive.

It's a bit of good fortune for us that the cards for Higuain and Suarez went against them, and that Monaco and PSG have entered the fold just as their cash reserves have peaked. Without Monaco and PSG raising the bar even higher after Chelsea and City, Arsenal could be a lot nearer the head of the queue for some top drawer acquisitions. Essentially what's happened to them is that they have been banking on a huge pension fund to change things for them, and the changing market has pulled the rug out from under them somewhat.

Thankfully for Spurs, our smarter way of conducting transfer business has led to us being more effective with less ammunition.

Hold on a sec. "The other North London Club"?

There's only one North London club. I think we need to establish whether we mean Watford, Orient or the South London squatters in the title.

Hold on a sec. "The other North London Club"?

There's only one North London club. I think we need to establish whether we mean Watford, Orient or the South London squatters in the title.

Couldn't agree more.

#SinceArsenalLastWonATrophy, 51.3 billion Chicken McNuggets have been consumed.

They are badly running out of time to bring anyone in....

Arsenal's deal for Gustavo has just fallen through.

Now there's a surprise!

Arsenal's deal for Gustavo has just fallen through.

Now there's a surprise!

:ross: this is hilarious! We are signing top, top players who are wanted by many clubs. They can't sign anyone!! :ross:

I think they've pushed it too far this time. We've got their number. Their squad is really thin

that is brilliant

Quality.

Although I dislike it the title of this thread couldn't be more apt right now. They have a settled team. I expect them to kick on early doors. But without new quality recruits they will probably fade. We will need time to settle but then our quality will prevail.

If they don't get results...well....then we will get to laugh at how fickle the scummy neighbors are.

*crosses eyes, toes, anything else

I think they've pushed it too far this time. We've got their number. Their squad is really thin

This kind of post proves you either are not a Spurs fan based on recent history of letting leads over scum slip, or you're very foolish. Either way it doesn't look good.

arsenal will do well again with the same settled squad pushing for 4th. and wallcott is developing well. we have a better team now but haven't settled our players in yet, so the first few games, and especially the third when we meet arsenal - are going to be crucial for us for points. its going be tight, going to come down to injuries at the end of the season methings, and while we look like we have better depth, we seem to get the worst injuries at the worst times, so i'm not counting on that.

Arsenal in serious danger of relegation...

P0317_zpsc93b3df7.png

While I have no doubt Arse will be difficult to beat for a top four finish this season as well, I wonder how their fans are feeling about this summer's transfer dealings. We have clearly improved both our squad and our first team, while they - so far- have failed to attract top players. Even Arse fans can do the maths. It will be a tight race this season as well, hopefully finally in our favour.

Back