• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

AVB's only 2 games against the scum are the 3-5 home defeat whilst at Chelsea and of course the 2-5 at the scumerates

3rd time lucky? [-o<

Won't be laughing until we beat them and they are knocked out of the champions league. Remember they lost a 1st leg lost 4-0 away to Milan and won the second 3-0 but for RVP sitter and other chances would have gone through. Although, they have to do this away, they have to score 3 compared to the 5 they required against Milan. Also factor in we play them on the 3rd March, they are supposed to play Everton on the 9th(but thats FA Cup quarter finals day), so will likely have a 10 day break. All things to consider unfortunately

Gomez is a German Darren Bent

this. though i actually like bent if i was a mid-table team playing direct football

i think Gomez is too soft to play on that level

i really dont like or rate him, i dont rate the hype around him simply cause if the supply he gets from world class support.

people here put him in their top 10 footballers in the world. thats all i need to know about how some view the sport and what they use to base their opinion

Gomez fluffed his chances v blue scum last year. This year Bayern are looking for payback, in spite of Gomez - also, the Pep effect has done just that ! In the cl, le scum lack any standout quality to pull themselves back in the 2nd leg.

But the scum in the epl is better than others, it'll be a scrap till the end.

I think some people are acting really too scared of Arsenal and really under-rating us when it comes to comparisons with them.

There's so much fear over the previous few pages. So much 'they are still a massive threat' etc. Of course we could very well lose against them or drop points, but I don't think they deserve the level of fear they are generating. Yes Wheelchair is quite good, but so what. Arteta and Carzola is a good midfield trio with him, and they have talented players all over the park. But none of them are at the level that really puts them in the top top class, none of them put the fear of GHod in to any players from our side. They don't have a Bale.

If we play badly we can fail against them, but I think if we play anything like approaching our best we should beat them. I don't give a fudge if they have a 10 day break or they have the 'wounded animal' effect, we are better and it's about time we proved it once and for all.

I think we are right to be cautious. Whatever we say about them, they are more creative than us, courtesy of their midfield. Indeed they don't have a Bale, but thats just like saying putting all your eggs in one basket. On the balalnce of probabilities they will create more clear cut chances than we do, even if they're having a bad game. Also, we have yet to finish above since Wenger has been in charge over there - the continuity on the management side is important.
I'm being realistic if we get 5th as per the early season prediction, I would be dissapointed but not as much as last season. Lets get some perspective on this considering the changes over the last summer.

I think we are right to be cautious. Whatever we say about them, they are more creative than us, courtesy of their midfield. Indeed they don't have a Bale, but thats just like saying putting all your eggs in one basket. On the balalnce of probabilities they will create more clear cut chances than we do, even if they're having a bad game. Also, we have yet to finish above since Wenger has been in charge over there - the continuity on the management side is important.
I'm being realistic if we get 5th as per the early season prediction, I would be dissapointed but not as much as last season. Lets get some perspective on this considering the changes over the last summer.

By saying we have a Bale I just mean that we have a player capable of doing something that no-one else on the field can do, he can win a game all by himself and is on a level beyond anyone he will step onto the pitch with or against. But that doesn't mean he's our only threat. We have a great defence and goalkeeper that can retain possession, play the high line, and have the ability to chase back and recover if they do get in behind. It is totally suited to our playing style. In midfield we have Dembele, Lennon and Holtby or Dempsey providing goal threat, creativity, width, and with Parker the hustle to close them down and not give them the time they need on the ball. Upfront we have a Defoe that has proven he can play in a lone striker this season and an Ade that will surely pick up his form against his old club and simply because there is a talented player inside him somewhere.

It's exactly the kind of statement that 'they will probably create more clear cut chances than we do', sod that! No reason why they should. Wenger's been there for a long while but just look at them this season - they ain't all that. They were totally outclassed last night, are mentally fragile and for every game this season where they've managed to stick a glut of goals beyond a poor team when they'd already won the game, there's an example of them being frustrated, outplayed, and dropping points all over the place.

Let's have some optimism!! I'm not saying it will be easy, I'm not guaranteeing a win, but let's at least be a little bit more bullish about our chances.

The debate about whether Wenger should stay in his job is a live one, whether people like it or not. It would certainly happen if Sir Alex Ferguson went eight seasons without a trophy at Manchester United - and would be in full swing after eight months without a trophy at Chelsea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21516576

:lol:

Some journo getting in a cheap shot about the Russian.

I am with you.

This feels like it is the moment we really could vanquish the beast for years to come, and as such, it's really important that we stay calm, focussed and pay attention to the details.

I think this time last year everyone got carried away with the idea of not just beating them but smashing them. We went 2-0 up not playing very well. A smart side, a sussed side, would've played possession football, gone to the 4-5-1 it should've started with, and killed the game for as long as possible.

We only need to score one more goal than them to win. And we only need to score one more goal against Chelski, the dippers and whoever else...I want glory and I want colour, but more than anything this season I want to finish 3rd or 4th and push them out of it. It's within touching distance. We just need to be calm and focussed, aware of what they can do and stop them doing it whilst continuing to do what we can do.

I am keeping quiet. But I am quietly confident...

It will be a derby and anything can happen. Home to QPR wouldn't even be taken as a banker. Gulf apart from West Ham but even then you just know they may well pull off a nasty shock on Monday.

I think some people are acting really too scared of Arsenal and really under-rating us when it comes to comparisons with them.

There's so much fear over the previous few pages. So much 'they are still a massive threat' etc. Of course we could very well lose against them or drop points, but I don't think they deserve the level of fear they are generating. Yes Wheelchair is quite good, but so what. Arteta and Carzola is a good midfield trio with him, and they have talented players all over the park. But none of them are at the level that really puts them in the top top class, none of them put the fear of GHod in to any players from our side. They don't have a Bale.

If we play badly we can fail against them, but I think if we play anything like approaching our best we should beat them. I don't give a fudge if they have a 10 day break or they have the 'wounded animal' effect, we are better and it's about time we proved it once and for all.

Can't blame people for being reserved about our chances of finishing above Arsenal. Despite the fact that this is the worst Arsenal side for 15 years, we are still only 4 points ahead of them. All the mind the gap brick came back to bite us in the arse last season.

Can't blame people for being reserved about our chances of finishing above Arsenal. Despite the fact that this is the worst Arsenal side for 15 years, we are still only 4 points ahead of them. All the mind the gap brick came back to bite us in the arse last season.

If we finish above them im going to go up to an arsenal fan i know and walk up to him about an inch from his face and scream at the top of my voice "****" for about an hour or till he walks away.

Back