• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

They need proof dont they? (hehehe, i cant get over the irony)
but seriously if the courts have let him off what will the FA have that can make him guilty ?

The level of proof the FA requires is far far below the level of proof the level of proof the courts require.

Even the judge at the trial stated that he was using it. Did you miss that?

selective quote again? the judge said that he was using it in response to antons accusations, the judge doesnt know as though he was there in front of his mouth. he came to that conclusion the same way i would....with info from other sources that isnt the horses mouth

actually, do me a favour...give me a quote from the judge.

seems like the FA are my kind of people.

i'd ask you for proof of the FA requiring far less but i'm guessing thats speculation based on common sense

Ah i am incorrect.

He is possibly to be charged by the FA for the use of foul language, not racial abuse. That is why the burden of proof required is less. He has admitted using the terms anyway, so if they do decide to charge him for that it's an open and shut case.

'An independent QC is considering the 15-page court judgement from chief magistrate Howard Riddle and is expected to make recommendations to FA bosses this week.
Terry could still be charged under Rule E3, which concerns foul and abusive language. A sub-section relates to racial comments.
He has maintained throughout that he used the words ‘f****** black c***’ at Loftus Road last October only in a rhetorical sense.'

He admitted using the word. Should be enough for the FA considering the Suarez verdict.

Can i just say one thing

Terry is guilty!!

if just had a mini lesson about convicting someone without quotes or irrefutable evidence. i would just like my teacher to set an example LOL...at least for one week.

in the way of tom cruise

"I WANT THE PROOF!!!!!"

Ah i am incorrect.

He is possibly to be charged by the FA for the use of foul language, not racial abuse. That is why the burden of proof required is less. He has admitted using the terms anyway, so if they do decide to charge him for that it's an open and shut case.

'An independent QC is considering the 15-page court judgement from chief magistrate Howard Riddle and is expected to make recommendations to FA bosses this week.
Terry could still be charged under Rule E3, which concerns foul and abusive language. A sub-section relates to racial comments.
He has maintained throughout that he used the words ‘f****** black c***’ at Loftus Road last October only in a rhetorical sense.'

interesting, so now if you repeat something someone else says to you thats an insult ..you are guilty of using foul language?

you know what, i can believe that. its stretching it though.....that means the judge and the atorney's could all be sanctioned as well?

They charged Suarez for racist language and convicted him despite his defence of it being commonly used in Uruguay. If they let Terry get away with it... I already have a pretty low opinion of the FA anyway.

They charged Suarez for racist language and convicted him despite his defence of it being commonly used in Uruguay. If they let Terry get away with it... I already have a pretty low opinion of the FA anyway.

thats different. Suarez called evra that.

if they accept that terry was only repeating what anton accused him off , not only that, that he was only repeating it to absolve himself...then both are literally miles apart.

thats different. Suarez called evra that.

if they accept that terry was only repeating what anton accused him off , not only that, that he was only repeating it to absolve himself...then both are literally miles apart.

Haven't really bothered delving into the Terry matter (he's a ****. End of), but I really suspect the FA of trying to find a way to seemingly punish him while letting him off as easy as possible. Wouldn't want to damage the image of one of their prize assets.

There's plenty of time for that once he's retired. Just can't imagine him staying out of trouble.

i want him to go to jail if i'm honest. nothing else would make me happy

To be entirely honest i want him kept out of jail.

I'd much rather have him playing football for Arsenal, i think he's gonna get a decent number of red cards over the course of his career..

Thing is though, didn't Ferdinand say he never asked him that on the pitch as he was only aware of the language Terry used afterwards when his g/f showed him the youtube footage. The whole thing hinged on the video of Cole obscuring Terry during the bit where Terry claims he said "Did you think I called you a...".
Unless Ferdinand admitted in court he'd lied about not hearing those words on the pitch - might have missed it as I wasn't really following the trial.

Back on topic slightly, Baddiel was on TV the other day talking about this

He said something along the lines of: "Imagine if there was a club from somewhere in London that had a large black population and they became known as the Ni**ers because they had taken that term of abuse and used it for themselves. So every week they'd be shouting Ni**er Army! Ni**er Army! There would be outrage, it wouldn't happen"

What do you think about that guys? As I'm not Jewish or Black I don't know what to think, neither term particularly bothers me if it is used as a positive term of collective empowerment. If there was a team that wanted to call themselves Ni**er Army or whatever, does that put a totally different spin on it for you? I guess the best people to answer that would be black guys, as it is easy for white guys to just say they aren't bothered...

I'd be more concerned about the set of fans calling them n*ggers in the first place instead of them using it in as a fudge you to the others. So sad that it's a serious subject but that cretin baddiel just can't look past footballing rivalry and slate his own fans. Ask me this baddiel ban the word yid in football grounds up and down the country would it stop your lot singing songs about auswitchz?

I actually think it is a tad harsh.

I hate teh fudgein **** but someone said to go break a leg. So Ping **** obviously retaliated.

Back