• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Carrick, perhaps? He's out of contract at the end of the season, he's won it all and played under Fergie in CL finals and title-winning campaigns alike.

Carrick, perhaps? He's out of contract at the end of the season, he's won it all and played under Fergie in CL finals and title-winning campaigns alike.

No thanks. Not welcome. Way past his prime.. He should head off to Sunderland or West Brom or some other UTD reject retirement home.

We need 2 players in my opinion, a decent back-up to Lloris and a back-up for Kane. Although injured and not able to get a decent run what I've seen from Son and N'jie they aren't strikers and there's no way Chadli will be a striker either despite Poch playing him there.

Outside of that cover I think we have a very solid squad.

Cover/competition for Kane and Dier, and cover for dembelle. Don't think anyone can do what dembelle does so that's a tough one.

Anyone but Berahino. We need to steer clear of him now, he's proven himself to be something of a head case, we don't need that. We need a back up striker for certain and a defensive minded, ball playing mid backup. Other than that, I'm very happy with what we have going forward.

Anyone but Berahino. We need to steer clear of him now, he's proven himself to be something of a head case, we don't need that. We need a back up striker for certain and a defensive minded, ball playing mid backup. Other than that, I'm very happy with what we have going forward.

I'm pretty confident Poch moved on the day he went all Odemwingie and showed his real (lack of) character

If we finish top 3, in my mind there will be NO EXCUSES for not brining in another striker before the start of the season. Kane will potentially have hardly had a break for two years and i think we should have a contingency plan for if we need to ease him into the new season. If we are guaranteed at least 6 CL games then there can be no excuse for any dily-dallying.

Not expecting a big money move necessarily but somebody even like a Moussa Dembele mkII who we have obviously been tracking can and i believe should be wrapped up before pre-season so that he can get up to speed with Poch's style before the new season so we can hit the ground running...

If we finish top 3, in my mind there will be NO EXCUSES for not brining in another striker before the start of the season. Kane will potentially have hardly had a break for two years and i think we should have a contingency plan for if we need to ease him into the new season. If we are guaranteed at least 6 CL games then there can be no excuse for any dily-dallying.

Not expecting a big money move necessarily but somebody even like a Moussa Dembele mkII who we have obviously been tracking can and i believe should be wrapped up before pre-season so that he can get up to speed with Poch's style before the new season so we can hit the ground running...

Yes - we can get Dembele on a pre-contract in early June if we go back to finish that deal.

He'd still be my preference for a summer signing.

We will hopefully have a lot of games to play next season and we need to slightly increase the size of the squad whilst enhancing the like for like quality. Dominic Ball has looked good for Rangers and probably deserves to come back and play a part covering CB and DM which solves the cover issue there. The links with Schurrle and Batshuayi please me and fit the profile of who we should be going after.

Schurrle would be a great addition as a wide forward on either side and Batshuayi would be great to play with or in front of Kane who could then play as a 10 if need be. Dembele from Fulham could be tied up on Tribunal too and that is really all I would do for incomings.

As for outs, I would probably let Yedlin, Carroll and Bentaleb go.

3 out with 3 or 4 in and a couple of academy products other than Ball to be given first squad places and playing time.

Reading Oscar could be leaving Chelsea, don't think they'd ever sell to us and if they did the price would prob be extortionate, but think he would fit in well for us? Seems to work hard enough when his hearts in it?

If the rumours are to be believed then AVB scouted him whilst at Chelsea and they bought him using that info before we could get him.

I think we need:

- back up/rotation for Kane
- 4th CB - maybe someone experienced with good positional sense
- Back up central midfielder who can cover for Dier but also Dembele - not someone old but someone with some CL and big game experience, maybe around 26-31 type age bracket who is happy to be back up but still capable of playing 25-30 games a season.

Then depending on who's available maybe look at getting a bit more guile/speed on the wings. Can see Chadli going (I'd be happy for him to stay but dont think he'll ever nail down a place and is therefore expendable) and Bentaleb who has talent but also a poor attitude and can't be relied upon. Could see Carroll going too depending on incomings as I dont think he'll make it but happy for him to stay as well.

We don't need wholesale changes just some tweaks and keep improving.

No thanks. Not welcome. Way past his prime.. He should head off to Sunderland or West Brom or some other UTD reject retirement home.

Fine, Lassana Diarra then? I know @parklane thinks he could be a good signing if his medical and disciplinary issues prove to be insubstantial; he's been one of the few bright spots in a dreadful season for Marseille (Batshuayi being one of the others) and he's played for Chelsea, the Goons and Real.

We will hopefully have a lot of games to play next season and we need to slightly increase the size of the squad whilst enhancing the like for like quality. Dominic Ball has looked good for Rangers and probably deserves to come back and play a part covering CB and DM which solves the cover issue there. The links with Schurrle and Batshuayi please me and fit the profile of who we should be going after.

Schurrle would be a great addition as a wide forward on either side and Batshuayi would be great to play with or in front of Kane who could then play as a 10 if need be. Dembele from Fulham could be tied up on Tribunal too and that is really all I would do for incomings.

As for outs, I would probably let Yedlin, Carroll and Bentaleb go.

3 out with 3 or 4 in and a couple of academy products other than Ball to be given first squad places and playing time.

Ball's got about 1/10th of the talent and potential that Bentaleb does

Ball's got about 1/10th of the talent and potential that Bentaleb does

Right, but maybe Bentaleb's not as *hungry* or *malleable* as the vaunted 'Poch profile' you've sketched out demands. ;) Ball's a committed, driven, professional young man by all accounts, and certainly, if he's given Nabil's spot, I don't expect that he'll let himself down on any way.

Back