• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

So The Milo and Steff Show episode 47. Ha! Thanks for keeping us going over the summer chaps, unlike those other pods that go on holiday for two months!

I thought you may be interested to hear ‘nutshelling’ has continued its burst into the mainstream. I’m currently sat at King’s Cross excitedly reading an article on the upcoming Alien: Romulus in SFX magazine and I nearly spat my pain au raisin out reading the attached!

COYS!

Attachments

• IMG_6334.jpeg
    IMG_6334.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 9
So The Milo and Steff Show episode 47. Ha! Thanks for keeping us going over the summer chaps, unlike those other pods that go on holiday for two months!

I thought you may be interested to hear ‘nutshelling’ has continued its burst into the mainstream. I’m currently sat at King’s Cross excitedly reading an article on the upcoming Alien: Romulus in SFX magazine and I nearly spat my pain au raisin out reading the attached!

COYS!

WONDERFUL Dave. When it officially enters the Merriam-Webster dictionary, I will rejoice.

We'll be doing our season preview and predictions this weekend and we'd love to get your predictions for the coming season (@thfcsteff - you do not need to fill this in, I already have yours)

Frankly, Mr Solanke
Season 5 Episode 6

Steff, Milo, and Gareth wrap up the pre-season preparations with a look back at the second Bayern Munich clash in a week. We offer our season preview and predictions, we get excited about our new DOMinant forward signing, there’s a few tears, there’s hair standing up on necks, there’s steely resolve, there’s bags of optimism, it’s all there as we prepare for the start of the 2024/25 season.

GUwq2YKXUAA_i5Y.jpeg

An enjoyable pod as usual.
Apart from the GHod-awful star spangled banner Trumpian Republican theme tune.

(Gareth said we were conceding 6 goals per game at times last year, is that right?)

(Steff said Ange came back with "Do you know the budget here mate?" in a presser, implying that Ange was saying we don't have huge pots of cash [I think that is what Steff meant?] but that is a misrepresentation; Ange was asked (told) that Solanke cost a huge chunk of our budget, hence Ange was just saying "oh do you know our budget?" in a jokey way, not saying that we have a small (or large) budget).

An enjoyable pod as usual.
Apart from the GHod-awful star spangled banner Trumpian Republican theme tune.

(Gareth said we were conceding 6 goals per game at times last year, is that right?)

(Steff said Ange came back with "Do you know the budget here mate?" in a presser, implying that Ange was saying we don't have huge pots of cash [I think that is what Steff meant?] but that is a misrepresentation; Ange was asked (told) that Solanke cost a huge chunk of our budget, hence Ange was just saying "oh do you know our budget?" in a jokey way, not saying that we have a small (or large) budget).

That's a good shout context-wise re: Ange. When I first heard it I felt he was making a veiled comment as to what our budget allowance actually is, but I think you're right in hindsight.

Back listening after a break from pretty much all things Spurs over the summer.

Excellent episode, excellent title (hoping ‘this position we’ve held’ next season is top 3!) You guys are more optimistic than me, but I’m definitely hoping that you’re right.

Thanks as always - the housework flew by as I listened!

Back listening after a break from pretty much all things Spurs over the summer.

Excellent episode, excellent title (hoping ‘this position we’ve held’ next season is top 3!) You guys are more optimistic than me, but I’m definitely hoping that you’re right.

Thanks as always - the housework flew by as I listened!
Nice one, thanks mate

King Power Shower
Season 5 Episode 7

Steff, Milo, and Ram look back at our first game of the season draw against Leicester at the King Power Stadium, take a view of J**** V****, the signing of Wilson Odobert, the departure of Oliver Skipp, plus we give you the exclusive news of Emerson Royal’s incoming Balon d’Or.

GVZ3YhrW8AAamEF.jpeg

Good listen guys.
Re maddison, he would do better in these situations with crowd to keep it simple and quick. He plays to gallery at times by trying take the mickey.
When the crowd are geeing them up players dash about and are rash and leave spaces, maddison has the ability to exploit that if he focuses on that and not tricks to infuriate the crowd.
Ange has said it already, we get to involved in unimportant stuff.

Like all your episodes, but really like the positivity and perspective after the disappointing result at Leicester. Cheers.

Thanks mate. One of the things we always strive for is that, because generally speaking there are many to find. No-one wants to happy clap, tt was disappointing, but I think the studied take has to be that we are closer than ever to achieving what Ange wants. I maintain there will be one or two surprises left personnel-wise. I remember under Poch when the likes of Chadli were important assets who very quickly became superfluous due to lack of consistency. The talent was there, but not the regularity of top display...let's see. Again, appreciated you, DaveT316, and Glasgow commenting on the positive approach.

Thanks mate. One of the things we always strive for is that, because generally speaking there are many to find. No-one wants to happy clap, tt was disappointing, but I think the studied take has to be that we are closer than ever to achieving what Ange wants. I maintain there will be one or two surprises left personnel-wise. I remember under Poch when the likes of Chadli were important assets who very quickly became superfluous due to lack of consistency. The talent was there, but not the regularity of top display...let's see. Again, appreciated you, DaveT316, and Glasgow commenting on the positive approach.
It’s not just the positivity though pal, or, for me, that would grate quickly. The word I’d describe you guys as is ‘measured’, which is no mean feat mere minutes after full time when emotions are running high.

I was raging at full time, quickly had a word with myself before bed, and then i was accompanied on the journey to work the next day by some ‘considered’ analysis. It makes the world of difference, to me, and gets me right back on the saddle and ready for what comes next. I’d like to think I’d manage without the pod, but it certainly helps keep things in perspective.

There’s enough rage online - and in this world - without another podcast fanning the flames.

That’s not to say I don’t enjoy the positivity. Long may that continue! That and Steff’s metaphors. And Milo’s predilection for a dribbly winger.

It’s not just the positivity though pal, or, for me, that would grate quickly. The word I’d describe you guys as is ‘measured’, which is no mean feat mere minutes after full time when emotions are running high.

I was raging at full time, quickly had a word with myself before bed, and then i was accompanied on the journey to work the next day by some ‘considered’ analysis. It makes the world of difference, to me, and gets me right back on the saddle and ready for what comes next. I’d like to think I’d manage without the pod, but it certainly helps keep things in perspective.

There’s enough rage online - and in this world - without another podcast fanning the flames.

That’s not to say I don’t enjoy the positivity. Long may that continue! That and Steff’s metaphors. And Milo’s predilection for a dribbly winger.

I will admit I felt flat at the end and had to take a few minutes to measure how I'd felt during the course of the game, which was as it ended up sounding. It's also interesting to contemplate a 'what if' in this case, that being if Richy had just glanced that header across rather than try to bullet it. I think this is going to be a fascinating season for sure...

Back