• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Spurs In The 80s
Series 5 Episode 2

Milo, Steff, Gareth and Ricky take a deep look back at Spurs in the ’80s. From sexy style to fantastic fluid football, we give you a portal back to what many consider the modern foundations of Tottenham Hotspur. We’ll also be looking at the turbulence that came when new ownership and ideas arrived at the Lane, plus reflecting on some of the greatest glory glory moments in club history. Settle in, this is a deep dive with all the emotional trimmings…

GSmFwEpXIAAze0c.jpeg

Spurs In The 80s
Series 5 Episode 2

Milo, Steff, Gareth and Ricky take a deep look back at Spurs in the ’80s. From sexy style to fantastic fluid football, we give you a portal back to what many consider the modern foundations of Tottenham Hotspur. We’ll also be looking at the turbulence that came when new ownership and ideas arrived at the Lane, plus reflecting on some of the greatest glory glory moments in club history. Settle in, this is a deep dive with all the emotional trimmings…

View attachment 17381
What a fudging MARVELOUS footballer...my Ghod...

Excellent pod, particularly interesting to hear Steff's stories of fear and violence from the 80s.
It's hard to convey how grim it was going away in the early 80s. Dangerous times.

Gareth - I heard you say Lancashire instead of Lankshear and suddenly realised you lot are just trying to wind me up each week with your "Tan guy Undombelly" and "Hoy burg" and "Donnelly".

Excellent pod, particularly interesting to hear Steff's stories of fear and violence from the 80s.
It's hard to convey how grim it was going away in the early 80s. Dangerous times.

Gareth - I heard you say Lancashire instead of Lankshear and suddenly realised you lot are just trying to wind me up each week with your "Tan guy Undombelly" and "Hoy burg" and "Donnelly".
Thanks mate...I started thinking about all the things I'd forgotten to say afterwards. I should've pointed out that we all LOVED Archie and we certainly skipped the great songs and Chas and Dave...also in that '85 side John Chiedozie was excellent, and of course 87 Mitchell cult hero Thomas...amazing times!!!!

Thanks mate...I started thinking about all the things I'd forgotten to say afterwards. I should've pointed out that we all LOVED Archie and we certainly skipped the great songs and Chas and Dave...also in that '85 side John Chiedozie was excellent, and of course 87 Mitchell cult hero Thomas...amazing times!!!!
Saw these posters advertised and thought of you lot. Nothing to do with me of course

Saw these posters advertised and thought of you lot. Nothing to do with me of course
AMAZING!!!!!
Thank you so much!!!!!

Diamonds, Hearts & Queens (Park Rangers)
Series 5 Episode 3

Steff and Milo dive the friendlies against QPR and Hearts, get over excited about our young players, and ruminate on who might be ready to serve in the first-team squad this season. Plus we officially retire the word 'congruence' and bring in new first teamer 'harmony' to the delight of TGIAG's grammar squad!

GTErCmFWYAAFZ19.jpeg

Blimey Steff, you can't have waffle. Then you waffle about the fact you are waffling and waffle some more. Then you say that you need to stop waffling and that you are prone to a waffle and will no doubt waffle some more later. Very impressive talky skills.
PS I think you said spurrilous twice, I think you meant scurrilous or spurious, but spurrilous is a great word and fits Spurs well. You can file it alongside 'harmony' and 'nutshelling'.

Blimey Steff, you can't have waffle. Then you waffle about the fact you are waffling and waffle some more. Then you say that you need to stop waffling and that you are prone to a waffle and will no doubt waffle some more later. Very impressive talky skills.
PS I think you said spurrilous twice, I think you meant scurrilous or spurious, but spurrilous is a great word and fits Spurs well. You can file it alongside 'harmony' and 'nutshelling'.
I love a good waffle mate LOL...and yes, hybrid Spurs-related vocab in full effect LOL...

Spurs In The 80s
Series 5 Episode 2

View attachment 17381

Been on holiday so catching up some of the pods in the last few days.
Really enjoyed this one, could relate so much to some of it and brought back some great memories, some I'd almost forgotten.
We had two great squads and managers and both times fate in the guise of the Falklands and the weather came along and tinkled in our boots, and that's not even including the euro ban.
I was at ibrox a lot back then and can remember Roberts debut against Dundee utd and being aghast that few people knew who he was. He was a force nature.
@thfcsteff totally agree on falco, again seen a fair bit of him at rangers, extremely under rated, wasn't there long but had a great record.
Although the ban certainly helped I think it should be kept in mind that rangers were paying huge wages, had a very charasmatic souness and one of the best stadium's (if not the best) in the country at the time.

Been on holiday so catching up some of the pods in the last few days.
Really enjoyed this one, could relate so much to some of it and brought back some great memories, some I'd almost forgotten.
We had two great squads and managers and both times fate in the guise of the Falklands and the weather came along and tinkled in our boots, and that's not even including the euro ban.
I was at ibrox a lot back then and can remember Roberts debut against Dundee utd and being aghast that few people knew who he was. He was a force nature.
@thfcsteff totally agree on falco, again seen a fair bit of him at rangers, extremely under rated, wasn't there long but had a great record.
Although the ban certainly helped I think it should be kept in mind that rangers were paying huge wages, had a very charasmatic souness and one of the best stadium's (if not the best) in the country at the time.

Nice one mate, hope the hols were good...BTW, with regards to Falco, I rewatched the goals from a game I was at (5-0 v goons at home) and relived his absolutely sumptuous volley. It is a thing of beauty!

Nice one mate, hope the hols were good...BTW, with regards to Falco, I rewatched the goals from a game I was at (5-0 v goons at home) and relived his absolutely sumptuous volley. It is a thing of beauty!

Cheers Steff, never got any further than Edinburgh, twice, but one of them was to see Gary mabbutt, so how can that not be a great holiday!

Enjoying these pods building up to the season gents, especially as I don't have Spurs play or whatever is required to watch the friendlies.

It won't be a surprise that I'm not as positive on the potential impact of our youngsters over the course of the season as Steff is but it is always positive to have lots of talent around. There was an interesting point on Ange's hopes / expectations for the upcoming campaign, unless I am mistaken evidence would suggest he's not one to stick around for the long haul so whilst promoting youth is in line with what we want to do, I can't help but feel he wants more in for this season.

Clever use of the academy will be great in the group stages of Europa but I don't really perceive him starting your Moores / Donleys in crunch games in the league or late stages of competitions unless borne of absolute necessity. As ever I could be wrong and maybe they are good enough but as Milo said, kids looking good in pre season isn't uncommon but once things kick off good and proper it's a different kettle of fish..

Enjoying these pods building up to the season gents, especially as I don't have Spurs play or whatever is required to watch the friendlies.

It won't be a surprise that I'm not as positive on the potential impact of our youngsters over the course of the season as Steff is but it is always positive to have lots of talent around. There was an interesting point on Ange's hopes / expectations for the upcoming campaign, unless I am mistaken evidence would suggest he's not one to stick around for the long haul so whilst promoting youth is in line with what we want to do, I can't help but feel he wants more in for this season.

Clever use of the academy will be great in the group stages of Europa but I don't really perceive him starting your Moores / Donleys in crunch games in the league or late stages of competitions unless borne of absolute necessity. As ever I could be wrong and maybe they are good enough but as Milo said, kids looking good in pre season isn't uncommon but once things kick off good and proper it's a different kettle of fish..
The Vissel Kobe game is on the J League YouTube channel, if you want to catch up on it.

I think that it will be for the kids to impress in Europe and from the bench to stake a claim for chances in the league. Ange isn't going to play them unless he thinks that they're the best option. If we are honest, Gray looks like the one closest to that right now but things can change quickly during the season

I think these are all excellent points. For me, Gray is the only one who will be a starter (and I believe he will be before too long at any rate) and with regards to Moores/Donelys, it will be off the bench versus (in Donely's - and others cases) whether their development is better served by a good loan. Logic says this is absolutely the way to go, my little beating heart wants all the kids in and us to win the league with them!!!!!!

I think your point re: Ange becomes especially salient in this regard, and I agree with what you said...

Diamonds, Hearts & Queens (Park Rangers)
Series 5 Episode 3

Steff and Milo dive the friendlies against QPR and Hearts, get over excited about our young players, and ruminate on who might be ready to serve in the first-team squad this season. Plus we officially retire the word 'congruence' and bring in new first teamer 'harmony' to the delight of TGIAG's grammar squad!

View attachment 17403

So, in reference to the title, is diamonds for the youngsters or Stevie Archibald who was manager and interim owner of Airdrieonians, often known as "the diamonds", although I don't know why.

So, in reference to the title, is diamonds for the youngsters or Stevie Archibald who was manager and interim owner of Airdrieonians, often known as "the diamonds", although I don't know why.

I think youngsters (Milo titles the pod)...I like your spin though, so errrrrrum, yes absolutely, a planned double dip there ;-)

Djedemption?
Season 5 Episode 5

This week the two-dot lounge of Steff and Milo continue their detailed overview of Spurs pre-season matches with our friendlies against Bayern Munich and Team K League. We hail the Djedemption, and debut the sensational new transfer window rumour judgement tool, the Pleaty flimflam Metre in honour of a man who knew how to spot talent on the pitch and gonad*s off it. It’s relaxed, it’s fun, but there’s a ton of detail with regards to our pre-season so far. Join us!

GUK1CuQW4AAM8z-.jpg

Back