• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Comic Book Thread

Does anyone have any decent apps for supporting reading these comics on an Ipad.

These cbz formats.. do I need a reader of some sort like adobe reader or is it like winzip and I have to open it and manually put the stuff together.

I use comic rack to view the cbz files on my pc

Does anyone have any decent apps for supporting reading these comics on an Ipad.

These cbz formats.. do I need a reader of some sort like adobe reader or is it like winzip and I have to open it and manually put the stuff together.
I use an app called comic zeal which is pretty good but there are other free apps out there!

Looked at the Comic Zeal app

Looks cool

But FFS its ?ú2.99 and I cannot give money to apple. LOL

Pride getting in the way of enjoyment. FFFFFF

I'll get the Mrs to do it I think.

I cannot bring myself to press install

Anyone fancy putting together a rapidshare group.

Everyone share the one account. Everything saved to the account, then to your computer

So if we got enough people we could get the ?ú4.11 per month unlimited account.

We could do it via paypal

Good or bad idea!?

Anyone fancy putting together a rapidshare group.

Everyone share the one account. Everything saved to the account, then to your computer

So if we got enough people we could get the ?ú4.11 per month unlimited account.

We could do it via paypal

Good or bad idea!?

Thats a no then. lol

I really like the idea of comic books - I like the characters and the stories etc, and enjoy the movies. But I just can't get into the medium itself. Not as good visually as a movie, not as much depth or prose as a book... I find them kind of hard / unenjoyable to read.

Any recommendations for a graphic novel that will turn me?!

See the earlier posts, although Watchmen is a good bet.

I've always been under the impression that comic books are 99% dialogue, with only a little bit of 'non-dialogue text'. Is this true? Are there any that are known for having a lot of 'non-dialogue text'?

I'm really in the mood for some sort of 'dystopian future' epic....

Can't stand the usual Superhero stuff, but I've been reading a lot of comics lately. Just ordered The Early Moebius from Amazon, really looking forward to that, Moebius's style is just fantastic. Also just been reading some Lewis Trondheim-stuff, damn good too. Guy Delisle has made some awesome books on his travels, from Pyong Yang, Burma and China, and just released a book from Jerusalem, looking forward to that too. :) Can anyone recommend a good comic app for Android?

Back