• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Well that forward line scored over 50 goals for us in 09/10, so if you want to judge Ade, Soldado and Kane against that at the end of this season please do. Dont think you could ever say we achieved a champions league spot "despite" of them.

Also, you dont need me or anyone to tell you that an Ade playing for a contract (2012) or an Ade with a point to prove (when Sherwood picked him last season) is a completely different beast to an Ade in the comfort zone, which is what we have now.

So what do you think of the respective supply lines?

SPURS are looking to take Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski away from the Emirates in a stunning swoop.

The 29-year-old has made several of his 56 appearances for the Gunners from the substitute’s bench following the good form of Olivier Giroud and the summer signing of Danny Welbeck from Manchester United.

But Spurs are reportedly in the hunt for the German World Cup winner, who is looking for more first-team action.

Podolski joined the Gunners in 2012 from FC Koln, but has only scored 19 times, with injuries hampering his time at the Emirates.

However, the forward has a decent National goal-scoring record, with 47 goals in 120 caps for Germany.

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Spurs-set-bid-Arsenal-striker/story-23270080-detail/story.html

Who: Trix
Where: COYS
When: 2nd October

Heard a spurious rumour on Saturday that we had been looking at him, which has also been picked up by a few not so reliable media outlets. I didn't bother posting as I thought it was very likely just media crap so I asked my man the question which he didn't know so said he would ask it himself. Well I have Just heard it again though, with a bit more punch behind it. Possible player plus cash deal.

Porto have made informal enquiries about one of ours, which I can only assume would be Paulinho or Soldado, and we have asked the question player plus cash for Martinez?

This is not direct from my reliable source and has come third hand, but my guy very much believes it to be close to, if not spot on. That said, its worth waiting before you put your mortgage on it

When: 16th October

Aleksandar Mitrović
We are very much interested, although not the only ones. Has risen right up the wanted list in the last few days, and looks like our first choice CF option atm.

This does not affect the situation as far as us wanting J-Rod is concerned. Poch wants more than one forward player coming in, as we are actively looking to move others on, even if it means it is at a substantial loss.

It is more than 2 months before the January transfer window opens, but the speculation has already started ?

Heard a spurious rumour on Saturday that we had been looking at him, which has also been picked up by a few not so reliable media outlets. I didn't bother posting as I thought it was very likely just media crap so I asked my man the question which he didn't know so said he would ask it himself. Well I have Just heard it again though, with a bit more punch behind it. Possible player plus cash deal.

Porto have made informal enquiries about one of ours, which I can only assume would be Paulinho or Soldado, and we have asked the question player plus cash for Martinez?

This is not direct from my reliable source and has come third hand, but my guy very much believes it to be close to, if not spot on. That said, its worth waiting before you put your mortgage on it

Aleksandar Mitrović

We are very much interested, although not the only ones. Has risen right up the wanted list in the last few days, and looks like our first choice CF option atm.

This does not affect the situation as far as us wanting J-Rod is concerned. Poch wants more than one forward player coming in, as we are actively looking to move others on, even if it means it is at a substantial loss.
I checked this guy out on Youtube and although I never heard of him before I think if we don't buy him we'll regret it for the rest of eternity.
Seriously though he looks good with both feet, in the air, has a bit of pace. Looks like a finisher more than a creator but looks like he could be worth a gamble.

I'm not sure about that. Hasn't he got a long term injury to his selfie arm?

I think Marky christened him "The German John Terry" because of his tendancy to be front and centre in all of Germany's World Cup celebration pics despite hardly contributing.

I'll stop you there !

Maybe you should have read the rest of it :eek:k:

Podolski? Please no. He's Arshavin mark two really. I don't think I could warm to him at all even if he joined and was playing well for Spurs.

Last edited:
Have any of our 3 strikers played in games of those magnitude? Do you not remember why we sold Crouch??

No they haven't and that's partly because they don't play as well as the forwards we had then. I'm not going to have a big debate about Crouch as I've done it too many times over the years. I was and remain a bg fan of what he did for us during Harry's halycon years, and for me it would improve our squad if we could get in another striker as good as Crouch was.

Of course our strikers in the past were far from world class, but the fact that a forward line of Crouch, Defoe, Keane and Pav got us into the champions league is an achievment that cant be ignored.

Give me that forward line over Kane, Ade and Soldado any day of the week.

Well said, we had it better then in terms of 'strikers' and Crouch was one of the key reaons. Let's also remember how well Crouch and VDV linked in our CL season.

Aleksandar Mitrović

Isn't this the guy that nearly started the 3rd Yugoslav war the other day (by taking down the Albanian drone)?

Podolski has personally tweeted this won't be happening. He says "hell will freeze over" before he'd play for Spurs. So even if we could get him, I suggest we probably don't want him.

And pigs will fly before I'd want him.

He should worry more about finding a club where he can actually get into the team. Will probably end up back home in Cologne. He's to them what Totti is to Roma and Gerrard to Liverpool.

nah, totti and gerrard* stayed, this guy was only loyal to the next payday

*yes we all know why he stayed

Isn't this the guy that nearly started the 3rd Yugoslav war the other day (by taking down the Albanian drone)?

No that was another Mitrovic. He is highly coveted, seen little clips of him here and there and he is a classic Bayern type signing from that part of the world that they snare before anyone else really knows the score. Mitrovic and Batshuayi were the two young guns to look out for as forwards in belgium last season.

The rumour

_78411081_bbcsport_gossip_tweet.jpg

and his reply

_78411083_podolski_gossip_tweet_response.jpg

Back